Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the deets!

One thing that totally rocked my world with my Rockerverb:

I felt the clean channel, even though it has an EQ, was just boring... no chime, no harmonics, just cardboard. And the drive channel went from "not enough" to "fizz." No grunt, no tightness.

Well, I tried juicing the front end with a boost/od. I use a Barber LTD.

Let me tell you, smacking the first preamp tube changed EVERYTHING.

There are more dynamics. Notes are fuller and chimier. The Dirty channel is now totally tight and thick, with no fizz whatsoever.

I highly recommend a nice boost as the last thing in your chain. Even an EQ pedal for some sculpting might help. It'll make all the difference.

• Members

Thanks for the deets!

One thing that totally rocked my world with my Rockerverb:

I felt the clean channel, even though it
has
an EQ, was just
boring
... no chime, no harmonics, just cardboard. And the drive channel went from "not enough" to "fizz." No grunt, no tightness.

Well, I tried juicing the front end with a boost/od. I use a Barber LTD.

Let me tell you, smacking the first preamp tube changed EVERYTHING.

There are more dynamics. Notes are fuller and chimier. The Dirty channel is now totally tight and thick, with no fizz whatsoever.

I highly recommend a nice boost as the last thing in your chain. Even an EQ pedal for some sculpting might help. It'll make all the difference.

Yea, that's why I'm hoping both the added little reverb, and the boost from the reverberator helps in not needing an EQ, just using that boost. I know when I used the boost in my regular boards, it really made a jump in the clarity and quality, even if it was just a little boost.

results will follow after Saturday using it.

• Members
Yeah. I'm thinking of installing one of these in my Rockerverb for this very reason:

tj1.jpg

http://www.missionamps.com/turbojax.shtml

Up do 17db of pure clean boost, and one less pedal to worry about!

Not to get too OT, but I scoffed when I first saw that, BUT on closer inspection, its actually kind of brilliant! How many folks have an input they never or rarely use? And having the trim pot lined up with the jack so you can tweak the boost with a micro screwdriver? Man, I'm impressed! :eek:

• Members
well, since I already need to add reverb too, I won't need anything like that.

2in1 boost+rvb
:love:

Unless someone built an input jack with a clean boost AND a Belton Box. . .

OR - even better, an input jack with a FREAKING M9!!!

:rawk:

• Members

All I wish for this amp, since I can add a reverb on top no problem, is that it had an fx loop.

modable? :poke: drasp?

Not really my bag/area of expertise (hell, I've never even owned an amp w/ a loop!), but probably a worthy goal! One of the boys here or @ HM can surely hook that the F up.

• Members

$5 says it's just glued on!!!

PM me for PayPal details. That {censored} is 4 Real. I got gut shots to back it up if need be.

Rich - looks nice inside there. The switches are a definite improvement - still a lot of plastic, but they're not going to fail in any of the ways the old stompbox modeler spring actuators would die. . . And that red PCB, Yum!!!

• Members

PM me for PayPal details. That {censored} is 4 Real. I got gut shots to back it up if need be.

:lol:

Good stuff man!

I bet it's been impossible to fall asleep just KNOWING that your shiny new M9 was begging to be Drasped... begging like a whore.

Still waiting for the first custom colour. :cop:

• Members

PM me for PayPal details. That {censored} is 4 Real.
I got gut shots to back it up if need be

Rick - looks nice inside there. The switches are a definite improvement - still a lot of plastic, but they're not going to fail in any of the ways the old stompbox modeler spring actuators would die. . . And that red PCB, Yum!!!

The need be.

Archived