Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a few months we're all going to get tired of the M9/M13 and turn on them/sell them for pennies on the dollar/etc. Okay, probably not. If you don't get one now, not only will you miss out on being part of the 'me-first-me-first' club, you'll also miss out on a few months of fun. What if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?

I'm not that bothered about having an M9 right now though. I want to get to grips with the pedals I do have and pick up a Memory Boy. I won't need something like an M9 until I get more serious into song writing.

• Members
I'm not that bothered about having an M9 right now though. I want to get to grips with the pedals I do have and pick up a Memory Boy. I won't need something like an M9 until I get more serious into song writing.

Dude, you are SO missing the point. You get an M9 so you don't have to get into song writing! See?

Sheesh. . . :facepalm:

:p

• Members

Show recap

M9 sounded great however:

I need to learn 2 things...

Don't hold down on switching scenes too long, because then I'll save over my song I'm going into with the song I just played.....yea...that happened.

(Going from song saved in 1A saved over settings in 2A because I held scene select as long as you need to for "save to this location":facepalm:)

Also, I need to learn to not press 2 effects on or off at once if those two stomps together take you into, oh say, the setup mode or the tuner mode. :facepalm::facepalm:

Playing with it a little more I'm sure it won't be that hard....and I was using only the M9, so it was more involved than if I kept all my drives off board or something.

however, it would be cool if I could lock out going into setup mode....like as if there was a "live" mode where when you are changing scenes it won't accidentally save over your old settings and/or you couldn't enter the setup mode.

Those are just my show recaps.

• Members
Show recap

M9 sounded great however:

I need to learn 2 things...

I agree with all of that - actually have BOTH of those things happen, but only the tuner/setup gaf w/ the band. :facepalm:

I think a 'lock' or 'live' function would be great.

• Members

Playing with it a little more I'm sure it won't be that hard....and I was using only the M9, so it was more involved than if I kept all my drives off board or something.

Sorry if I missed this before, but I'm reading from this that the dirt on the M9 is good? Really good even?

• Members

Sorry if I missed this before, but I'm reading from this that the dirt on the M9 is good? Really good even?

Yes. Everything from clean boosts/EQs to low & mid gain & even some pretty wild fuzz tones is there + the ability to tweak beyond the normal parameters for your 'old faithfuls' and get more/less than you could in real life. I'm not selling any dirt pedals b/c of it, but I might take them out less often. . .

• Members

My current favorites are the Tube Drive, Rat, and Micro Amp models. They sound fantastic. I've never wanted a Rat before and I'm glad I never got one. The model is THAT good.

• Members

I doubt in april used m9s will regularly be going for 320.

Why not? Right now there are a few places you can get a new one with free shipping for 369 and it's only Nov. I would think by April there is no reason you would not be able to get at the very least a used one for 320 maybe even a bit less.

• Members

Rage. Thanks, that's some good information.

Yes, like the DD-6 or SiB Mr. Echo's "slam" function. I would suppose one way to do this was to use a momentary switch in the expression pedal input, and have it go from 0 to 100% with the hit. Whatever it would be, like, repeats or mix. I think you can use a momentary switch like that. I figured it would probably be easier than using a pedal.

100% yes.

A momentary switch with the appropriate resistor (25k) wired in there would work for this sort of thing.

You could even drill a hole in the M9, find a place to put it, and hard wire it to the expression jack.

• Members

I wish you'd all quit talking about how cheap you've gotten them for. I had to have one right away & paid full $399 @ GC so I wouldn't have to wait for one to ship to me. The only thing I 'saved' was the tax - I did get GC to match MF's regular price. D'oh!

Anyhow, what I actually popped in to say was how TOTALLY sick the pattern tremolo is. cg_25, your video inspired the {censored} out of me in two important ways. #1, it got me to sit down & figure out the pattern trem (which is actually dead simple & a hoot to tweak) and #2, it taught me how to ramp speeds up & down w/ taps! Again, dead simple once I watched you do it, but one of the pedals I let go after getting my M9 was my Tap-a-Whirl. Great pedal, but I never used any of the patters 'cuz they seemed kind of vanilla. I can now generate really killer patterns + match them to delays for the most beautiful stutter effects - something I've never had access to before. :love:

Also, Tele -> Pig Mine -> M9 -> Vibroverb = really, really, really good. :thu:

• Members

You could even drill a hole in the M9, find a place to put it, and hard wire it to the expression jack.

Yes, you could, couldn't you? :evil:

I'd like to have one on the opposite SIDE of my M9, 180 out from the EXP knob I've got on it, but when on a board it'd be near-impossible to hit. Still, with that 2nd expression jack, just waiting to be molested. . .Hmmmm

• Members

Just price checked an M9 at a guitar shop - $AU950!!!! At the current exchange rate i could almost land 2 from the US for that.

Can't say i was expecting much better - the M13 is $999 - but who's gunna buy an M9 when for 5% more you can get a M13....

• Members

100% yes.

A momentary switch with the appropriate resistor (25k) wired in there would work for this sort of thing.

YEAH BITCH.

Totes gonna get one of these.

Thanks Ben. Can you try it out yourself and let me know well it works? Or anyone else.

• Members

Anyone ever have a problem on the M13 where knobs control the wrong things? i.e. knob #3 on FX1 controls all five of FX1's parameters, knob #3 on FX2 controls two of FX2 and one of FX1 - some of the knobs don't do anything.

I just bought this M13 and assume it's defective, but if anyone knows an easy fix I'd love to hear it...

Already tried factory reset.

• Members

Anyone ever have a problem on the M13 where knobs control the wrong things? i.e. knob #3 on FX1 controls all five of FX1's parameters, knob #3 on FX2 controls two of FX2 and one of FX1 - some of the knobs don't do anything.

I just bought this M13 and assume it's defective, but if anyone knows an easy fix I'd love to hear it...

Already tried factory reset.

You could try doing the update? Personally I'd just take it back to avoid any future problems and get a working unit.

Archived