Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Members

welp, i picked it up monday.

size is about what i thought.

construction feels solid.

drasp's confirmation that the switches were indeed improved is good to know.

i updated it right out of the box, to the new firmware.

easy enough.

nice bright screen. easy to read.

mediocre tuner.

i used an ABY box for the initial test.....

GTR - box

A - Amp, direct

B - m9 - amp

no real tone alteration without fx.....nothing really added with most fx engaged, in terms of noise floor or artifacts.

the majority of the effects are much improved, but i had a feeling a lot of them would be damned good....but that's all subjective anyways.

saving, editing, controlling your presets is way easy, and it has a negligible learning curve out of the box.....yet you can get as in depth as you'd want.

i was able to setup some sweet verbs and delays for my first patch....and saved a weird pitch shifty sound with another....in about 10 minutes.

the analog sound is good, but nothing beats REAL analog delay, so it won't be booting my analog off the board....but they compliment each other well.

currently, the m9 booted my boss rv3 AND eventide timefactor off the 'small board'.

i think the delays and verb have the potential to be better, let alone the rest of the tonal options.

beyond that....there is a noticeable improvement in my tone....

because the timefactor has the input buffer that can be clipped.

i found myself clipping that more often than i'd like, and i'm jazzed to have that issue out of my rig.

i really tried to juice the input, cascading dirt and fuzz....no breakup, no tonal issues, outside of having everything on, and maxed ;)

the looping is why i still have 2 DL4's around.....perhaps my all time fav pedal....

the M9 didn't disappoint.

it loops as well, with far more control.

being able to setup a loop, and go back for different pedal settings/fx is AWESOME.

having an undo/redo is invaluable.

this is what the JM4 should have been, but the m9 is such an improvement in that department, it's worth the wait.

i'd anticipate seeing a lot of m9's added to (or replacing dl4's) in loop based bands.

if i had to, i could easily use the m9 AS a pedalboard. i'd much prefer the parts to the rig i'm used to....but the m9 could easily suffice.

the dirt and fuzz won't replace pedals soon, but the eq's were surprisingly good, and the comp's were a huge improvement.

there are a lot of sweet sounds to explore in there.....and i'm looking forward to diving in further.

time to find a suitable expression pedal!

photo-153.jpg

photo-154.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...but 90 pages and all - can the 28 second looper be doubled in length to 56 by using the half speed mode? As you can on the DL4?

On another note, I'm a bit confused as to why the M13 is 2 pounds / euros cheaper than the M9 over at Digital Village...

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/line-6-m9-guitar-multi-effects-pedal--68352

• Members

:lol:

i have had SEVERAL people who have gotten these who have GREAT EARS tell me this is the best new pedal from line 6 in years. and i believe them!

BTBAM convinced me.
:love:

That, and lots of touring/recording pros have been using Line 6 products for ages to make all kinds of killer music.

Mr. Adrian 'Freaking' Belew has a Variax built into his guitar fer' Chissakes! :facepalm:

Archived