Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

can anyone do a demo where you play chords into the pitch glide effect. it would be nice to here how it reacts/glitches when chords get more and more complex

crxsh and i both have made videos that do this.

Sometimes it glitches, sometimes it doesnt. depends on the notes in the chord and how you play it. Pitch glide sounds more poly than the smart harmony does, but it still will glitch.

• Members

crxsh and i both have made videos that do this.

Sometimes it glitches, sometimes it doesnt. depends on the notes in the chord and how you play it. Pitch glide sounds more poly than the smart harmony does, but it still will glitch.

Yeah. 1 note is fine. Two will get generally get it glitching.

Here was my contribution:

KWKKviImGYg

There's another one like this w/ some really cool glitching toward the end.... but you can go find that one. ;)

Also, this was w/ the Synth-o-Matic, one of the mod settings, and the pitch glide. In that order.

• Members

sure it isn't a possible bad cable and the sound was coming out of one amp the whole time?

It is definitely not a bad cable, I tried using a number of other cables, I've also switched the amps around and used it through my studio preamp. The problem is not with my gear or something I'm doing. But the problem is weirder than I first described.

When I first plug the unit in it works properly. But when I change Scenes it starts to occur.

When no effects are engaged only the Left side will get a signal, though I've just discovered that I do get a very weak signal with a lot of hum from the Right output. When I push a switch to engage an effect the, the Right side comes in normally.

I'm going to try to reset the unit and see if that helps.

• Members

I just got back from GC, they had one there so I gave it a whirl.

Pretty impressed. The looper is fun, the particle verb with some low res delay is great for ambient stuff. I'm seriously considering getting one.

Those of you that have one, what effects did it replace?

If I got one I'd probably sell my modded TR-2, Spring Chicken & DE-7

• Members

I hear the Choruses on the M9 aren't so great, is this true? Will they add more Chorus sounds in future?

You heard wrong - the choruses are very nice, as are the trems. I'm not thrilled by the phasers/flangers, but I think that may just be a personal preference. The rotarys I'm still on teh fence on. Overall this thing seems to do delays, reverbs and mods very well. T

• Members

I kinda wish there was more selection on the Chorus - it's such a widely used effect. The CE-1 is probably the only one I'll use. I need a kind of heavier Chorus not subtle and shimmery, but not overly wobbly the the Small Clone at higher settings.

Flanger is very important to me too... kind of sad there isn't an Electric Mistress model. Maybe in the future?

• Members

You heard wrong - the choruses are very nice, as are the trems. I'm not thrilled by the phasers/flangers, but I think that may just be a personal preference.

i'm not big on chorus, but the trems are pretty nice.

as far as phasers, i was a little underwhelmed, except i really like the script phase; only one parameter, but it sounds great. although that obviously won't cut it for tweakers.

• Members

I kinda wish there was more selection on the Chorus - it's such a widely used effect. The CE-1 is probably the only one I'll use. I need a kind of heavier Chorus not subtle and shimmery, but not overly wobbly the the Small Clone at higher settings.

Flanger is very important to me too... kind of sad there isn't an Electric Mistress model. Maybe in the future?

The Dimension model is a chorus with a wide range from subtle to heavy. The Trichorus is also very good. They are all pretty tweakable, so I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple of options that you'd be happy with.

• Members

You heard wrong - the choruses are very nice, as are the trems. I'm not thrilled by the phasers/flangers, but I think that may just be a personal preference. The rotarys I'm still on teh fence on. Overall this thing seems to do delays, reverbs and mods very well. T

Have you tried the update? The 80A Flanger and the Script Phaser are verrrrrrrrrrry sweet.

• Members

Tell me why is the M9 (In its modulation section) better than my ModFactor?

Does it have rotary speaker sound? If yes, how good is it?

I owned a Modfactor, but not at the same time, so I have never A/B'ed them. From what I recall of the Modfactor, I'm guessing the overall sound quality of the MF is is cleaner and a bit more lush (bigger processor, more complex algorithms?) I found the MF chorus to never quite get there - something was missing. I think the M13 does chorus, trem, flanger, and phaser as well or beter (at least for chorus) as the M13. The M13 has a rotary, but there's just no comparison - that was the standout effect on the Modfactor and about the best rotary sim I've ever heard - the one thing I really miss from my Modfactor. Everything else, I'm just as happy with the M13.

Bear in mind that chorus, flangers and phasers are actually pretty simple effects - the only thing you are modelling is the behavior of oscillators and filters/media resolution - otherwise, they are basically delays and volume controls - the hard things to model are things like rotary effects, where theres some really function sonic interaction going on in the real thing (spinning speakers!), so it's not surprising that the M13 can do the simple ones handily and the Modfactor (one dedicated, expensive processor handling one effect) does the complex ones well.

• Members

Have you tried the update? The 80A Flanger and the Script Phaser are verrrrrrrrrrry sweet.

By personal preference, I meant that I'm not sure I like those kinds of effects generally - I seem to gravitate more to chorus. But you are right - the those are very nice and seem to be a little more easily dialed in to something that sounds lush/organic.

• Members

I'm gigging with mine tomorrow.

Nothing else.

which most likely will be a regular thing for me.

Yeah, I played Les Paul > M9 > HIWATT @ practice last night & thought it went very well. I'm totally in love with the Jumbo Fuzz. Really a solid, flexible, awesome fuzz.

Archived