Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So yeah these look pretty bitchin, but what's the deal with the MIDI controller? Anyone actually utilized one, and what would they do?

On top of this question, can the m9 do a stutter thing? It would be ideal to have it be a momentary kind of thing without having to use an expression pedal. Or maybe could you use a momentary switch into one of the expression pedal jacks and have it do heel/toe things?

Dunno, explain.

• Members
No? Hmm. I'm pretty sure I've been powering my M9 w/ an old DL4 PS. Aren't they both 2.5mm 9V @ 2000ma?
:confused:

Would love to know if this works.

Would mean i could probably just use a onespot with the L6 adaptor. Makes it much easier than having to try and find a dedicated aus power supply.

• Members

Would love to know if this works.

Would mean i could probably just use a onespot with the L6 adaptor. Makes it much easier than having to try and find a dedicated aus power supply.

I used to use a 1SPOT for my DL4(s) all the time, but I don't know that it would be able to run the M9 - that might be pushing it. . .

• Members

It probably won't. The DL4 takes a maximum of 250ma, but there is a lot more going on under the M9s hood, that would require a lot more power I would just use the supplied power supply, unless you hear from someone in the know, like Rich Renken himself.

• Members
In theory, it wouldn't be hard to measure the draw on the M9. That said, I'm perfectly happy using the included power supply, so. . . *shrug*

My mistake. When everyone was ranting about it taking 2000ma, I just figured that was a {censored} ton more than the other modelers. Either way....if this is the case...then it can most definitely run off my Gigrig generator, being it is 5A :thu:

• Members

No? Hmm. I'm pretty sure I've been powering my M9 w/ an old DL4 PS. Aren't they both 2.5mm 9V @ 2000ma?
:confused:

yes, you probably have been.

I'm not saying it will work on a PP2+ I'm just theorizing based on the fact they both use the same power supply.

• Members

On top of this question, can the m9 do a stutter thing? It would be ideal to have it be a momentary kind of thing without having to use an expression pedal. Or maybe could you use a momentary switch into one of the expression pedal jacks and have it do heel/toe things?

Dunno, explain.

Great question... I wondered this myself. Do you mean "stutter" like how the DD-6 can stutter with the "hold" feature?

• Members
In my case, I have a Musicomlab EFX2, which is a programmable loop switcher:

board-current.jpg

So, it eliminates tap dancing. It ALSO, sends MIDI, so now when I, for example, turn off Silverkiss/change amp channels, I can also tell the M9 "load XYZ scene."

So I can turn pedal loops on/off, switch amp channels/reverb, and control MIDI equipped gear.

This is the reason I'm so stoked for the M9. There's plenty of decent multi's but the MIDI switching is really the clincher, because of how it works into my "live workflow."

Great question... I wondered this myself. Do you mean "stutter" like how the DD-6 can stutter with the "hold" feature?

Rage. Thanks, that's some good information.

Yes, like the DD-6 or SiB Mr. Echo's "slam" function. I would suppose one way to do this was to use a momentary switch in the expression pedal input, and have it go from 0 to 100% with the hit. Whatever it would be, like, repeats or mix. I think you can use a momentary switch like that. I figured it would probably be easier than using a pedal.

• Members

Yes I'm wondering if I'm right.

In a few months we're all going to get tired of the M9/M13 and turn on them/sell them for pennies on the dollar/etc. Okay, probably not. If you don't get one now, not only will you miss out on being part of the 'me-first-me-first' club, you'll also miss out on a few months of fun. What if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?

• Members

In a few months we're all going to get tired of the M9/M13 and turn on them/sell them for pennies on the dollar/etc. Okay, probably not. If you don't get one now, not only will you miss out on being part of the 'me-first-me-first' club, you'll also miss out on a few months of fun. What if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?

You also miss out on the MF 20% off...

Archived