Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The GK model is cool... but pretty limited, comparatively -- and understandably so. It's a 5-stage sequence trem, so you get 5 different trems to adjust and whatnot, along w/ a speed control. A blend control would be a GREAT addition, but as it is, it's still pretty cool.

BTBAM is great with these. I'm still experimenting.

I didn't know it had a sequencing trem. What does it lack in comparison to a goatkeeper? I'll never sell my goat but it would be cool if I could do what I can with the m9 too.

Also, what are the advantages of having two expression outs?

• Members

I didn't know it had a sequencing trem. What does it lack in comparison to a goatkeeper? I'll never sell my goat but it would be cool if I could do what I can with the m9 too.

Also, what are the advantages of having two expression outs?

different effects can be controlled but not with the same expression.

and as mentioned before, the sequenced trem can't change the depth or wave form.

• Members

different effects can be controlled but not with the same expression.

and as mentioned before, the sequenced trem can't change the depth or wave form.

Thanks. I think I could live without those features. Does anyone know if line 6 are able to change the stereo outputs into an fx loop in the future with updated firmware? I'm debating whether to go for the m13 now as the fx loop is a big plus and the use of 4 effects instead of only 3 could allow me to get rid of everything except the m13, an expression and a volume pedal.

Now all I need is an amp that is supported by the mini amp gizmo and I have the cheapest and simplest patch switching setup in the world.

• Members

Thanks. I think I could live without those features. Does anyone know if line 6 are able to change the stereo outputs into an fx loop in the future with updated firmware? I'm debating whether to go for the m13 now as the fx loop is a big plus and the use of 4 effects instead of only 3 could allow me to get rid of everything except the m13, an expression and a volume pedal.

Now all I need is an amp that is supported by the mini amp gizmo and I have the cheapest and simplest patch switching setup in the world.

Yea I'm hoping to get the mini amp gizmo and hopefully use it with my mesa lonestar and orange rocker 30 (if they work with it) for bi amp switching and channel switching for both. It would be awesome, especially all with the m9!!

• Members

No nick, its not 5 stages, only 4. It has only a preset depth and a preset wave, so that limits, but it allows anywhere from 1 to 16 ratios, whick throws lots the gk doesn't do. It can't replace, but it can copy some stuff on the more simple leve, simple for the gk that is.

Yup, we were just inspired by the GK. That box is so so so cool. But also, as you have said, our pattern tremolo does stuff that it can't.

• Members
do you think the m9 can do what's in the first 10 seconds then?...maybe it was another pedal on his board...

All the loop thing was the M9, I just used the DL4 for some delay when soloing over it. There may have been a little delay from the DL4 when I saved it into the RC2 but you could still make it sound the same by doing your loop wth the looper (M9) set to post fx, then when your loop is complete, set the M9 looper to pre fx, that way you can add fx to the loop you have created.
When I think of it, there may have been some RV5 reverb on it too, but that is just my preference for the RV5s modulated reverb. The reverbs on the M9 are more than capable. I was never really into the Verbzilla reverbs but I know a lot of people think they're great.
But to basically answer your question, yes, you can do a loop like that with the M9, Great little gadget! :thu:

• Members

sounded like some loop with a reverse delay to me.

M9 can do that for sure.

Not reverse delay as such, I set the loop in reverse then played something with delay on it, then turned the loop around again.

Sort of reverse delay but a slightly different sound than just the normal reverse delay:thu:

• Members

Get one, you won't be disappointed. I have'nt even set up any sounds to use with my band yet. Everytime I switch it on I end up having hours of fun just messing about with the possibities. It's a really creative tool :thu:

Archived