Cancer Fundraiser

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

woah. let's hold our collective horses here for just a minute--

This is a completely legit charity raffle. all of the donations are going to the organization "Cure's: Kids Conquer Cancer". I started this whole thing because of the one thread where Phil announced his terrible news--i genuinely wanted to get some sort of charity drive going to help Phil and his family. Phil declined wanting any financial help and recommended it be given to cancer research. So i respected that and set it up this way.

***this in NO way is meant to be trolling. this is 100% genuine on my part.***

Phil--obviously i've trolled here on the HM deal, but i would NEVER in a million years make light of your situation or use your situation to troll. I would have to be one of the {censored}tiest people on the planet to do something like that. I honestly thought that most people would know that i'm a pretty decent person in reality--and that all the HM trolling was pretty much in good fun and that this raffle would be 100% genuine.

someone must've donated and added Erksin's name--maybe someone will fess up. if not, even though they contributed to the cause--i will remove their name from the raffle list.

Wilson, it would be an absolute crying shame if you removed your pedals from the raffle--but that is completely your decision. if you still want to remove them, let me know and i will remove them from the prize list immediately.

to !!!!!!, if someone wants to donate anonymously--they don't need to donate as a part of this raffle, they can donate to whatever they want. I set this raffle up because i thought it'd be a good way to entice people to donate to the cause, in some way honor Phil and the ordeal they're going through, have some pedal related prizes, etc. they can also still donate and not list a name.

• Members

It would be a shame if this got {censored}ed up. I already question my involvement with a guitar effects site when my hands are so crippled I can barely play anymore but this is something I can get behind. If we can't pull off a charity drive and raffle, but manage to do a BOTB every year we are all collectively one giant piece of belly crawling {censored}.

• Members

It would be a shame if this got {censored}ed up. I already question my involvement with a guitar effects site when my hands are so crippled I can barely play anymore but this is something I can get behind. If we can't pull off a charity drive and raffle, but manage to do a BOTB every year we are all collectively one giant piece of belly crawling {censored}.

agreed.

• Members

This

woah. let's hold our collective horses here for just a minute--

This is a completely legit charity raffle. all of the donations are going to the organization "Cure's: Kids Conquer Cancer". I started this whole thing because of the one thread where Phil announced his terrible news--i genuinely wanted to get some sort of charity drive going to help Phil and his family. Phil declined wanting any financial help and recommended it be given to cancer research. So i respected that and set it up this way.

***this in NO way is meant to be trolling. this is 100% genuine on my part.***

Phil--obviously i've trolled here on the HM deal, but i would NEVER in a million years make light of your situation or use your situation to troll. I would have to be one of the {censored}tiest people on the planet to do something like that. I honestly thought that most people would know that i'm a pretty decent person in reality--and that all the HM trolling was pretty much in good fun and that this raffle would be 100% genuine.

someone must've donated and added Erksin's name--maybe someone will fess up. if not, even though they contributed to the cause--i will remove their name from the raffle list.

Wilson, it would be an absolute crying shame if you removed your pedals from the raffle--but that is completely your decision. if you still want to remove them, let me know and i will remove them from the prize list immediately.

to !!!!!!, if someone wants to donate anonymously--they don't need to donate as a part of this raffle, they can donate to whatever they want. I set this raffle up because i thought it'd be a good way to entice people to donate to the cause, in some way honor Phil and the ordeal they're going through, have some pedal related prizes, etc. they can also still donate and not list a name.

Thank you.

• Members

Why not--people wait all the time for pedals they pay for, shouldn't be a problem to wait for a free one, right?

That's awesome, thanks for the generous contribution!!

Also an update, last night we got $20 from Subs and $50 from Lefort, two tru playa hustlahs breakin some off fo tha lil G's. Thanks guys!

Cool! Count me in!

• Members

So I made a small donation on this, because I like this place and I think Phil's probably the kind of person I'd like to hang out with if he was local to me. I didn't really look into the situation at all first, but now that i'm paying attention a couple of things have become apparent to me.

1. Phil probably is exactly the kind of guy I'd want to hang out with if he was local to me and I knew him. :D He doesn't want or need help and and doesn't want or need the spotlight. I can respect that and Phil, I apologize for using your name in this post but It's allready been brought up extensively.

2. There's a lot of good people here. Even though they might not all get along, there is an urge to help each other out and do a little good in the world.

So I have a proposal. How about a stickied charity thread that could be established that would be limited to things that are relevant to the interests of the HCFX community and the HC community at large? I think some rules alnd guidelines should be established so it doesn't get flooded with random everything (Save the siberian illiterate hyena's) and should have a focus on music related or issues that have become near to our hearts, e.g. cancer.
Some potential rules- Keep the charity stuff inside that thread. This place is for discussion of music and effects, and shouldn't make new members feel like they are being coerced into saving the world.
Any charity actions should be checked into to ensure legitimacy.
Keep it music related, or related to things that directly have affected respected members of the community.

So thats just what I was thinking and was brought on by several FB posts I saw this morning about Translator Audio, The Civil Defense and The South Sound in NYC. they are studios that were basically wiped out by Sandy and all the gear was flooded. I havn't vetted this but i think its worth looking into. From the sound of it this was a recently opened DIY effort that created a resource for the NYC music community. Linky- http://unfloodbkmusic.blogspot.com/

Good idea? Bad Idea? TL/DR?

• Members

There was nothing to look into--this was (and is) a completely legit raffle with zero troll intentions. Someone donated and entered Erksin's name.

I still hope this raffle will earn $$$ for the kids. Keep up the donations--and much love and respect to everyone who's donated $ and prizes thus far.

Archived