Cancer Fundraiser

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

Hey guys--i need to float this out there as far as the actual raffle drawing goes.

Initially, i was thinking of physically cutting out a bunch of tickets--and having someone neutral like Phil draw the winners. However, given what went down earlier--i really don't want to trouble Phil with that.

I was thinking of just using an Excel spreadsheet--with a name entry for every raffle ticket purchased, which basically has a corresponding row number. so if you donated enough for 5 raffle tickets, you'd get 5 line entries in the table. then i was thinking of just using a random number generator (yes those exist) to pick the winning numbers. I'd plan on showing all of it in a youtube vid (same way Phil has done for BTOB's in the past).

Does anyone have any heartburn with me doing it this way?

Sounds good to me...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome--spread sheet/random number generator it is.

Ok breaus, the highest roller so far just rode into town. he an outlaw that goes by the curious name Mmolteratx. he just dropped $200. and donated a pedal. that my feathered friends is how it's done. thanks Mmo!!!!!!!!!

Also big props to D::( X( whoever that is or means), Fart Murphy, Trick fall (his second donation), starmansam, and succor!!! You guys rock and your generosity will make a difference!

guys, we are up to $1671. c'mon, let's get to $2K. we can do it. YOU can do it.

• Members

Thanks, Bob. I'm happy to contribute. I'll be making a few more donations using some dusty Visa gift cards I've had sitting around for too long
:)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Cbread Echorec...

that actually an awesome idea about the dusty visa gift cards--very good use for them!

i typed up a comprehensive Cbread Echorec review last (literally took me 45 mins to type). and my internet crashed when i hit post. so {censored}ing pissed.

will try to do a demo tonight, with another review (this time i'll type it in word or something first, so it won't vanish into the ether).

• Members

Hey guys--i need to float this out there as far as the actual raffle drawing goes.

Initially, i was thinking of physically cutting out a bunch of tickets--and having someone neutral like Phil draw the winners. However, given what went down earlier--i really don't want to trouble Phil with that.

I was thinking of just using an Excel spreadsheet--with a name entry for every raffle ticket purchased, which basically has a corresponding row number. so if you donated enough for 5 raffle tickets, you'd get 5 line entries in the table. then i was thinking of just using a random number generator (yes those exist) to pick the winning numbers. I'd plan on showing all of it in a youtube vid (same way Phil has done for BTOB's in the past).

Does anyone have any heartburn with me doing it this way?

Find a used Diebold machine. If it's good enough for our national elections...

Put all the entrant's names into to machine. The winners will be George W. Bush, and Mitt Romney.

• Members

It's amazing that so few forumites are kicking in for this, given the amount of prizes offered. Even if a person doesn't want to contribute to a good cause, I would think that the realization that a small contribution could get them a nice pedal in return would be incentive enough. Getting over that whole psychological barrier of making a donation to something is a tough one for a lot of people.

Archived