Cancer Fundraiser

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a buddy that participates in the annual St. Baldrick's Charity. It is kinda of funny to see a picture of a hundreds of bald people, all milling about for a good cause, workin' with the kids.

Mhux shaved some heads for that, i contributed to his drive.

• Members

I don't know, I think it must've been a default date or something.

The rules have been Dec 1st--so I understand if people want to stick with it. BUT the $$$ really aren't coming in the way I thought, given all I'd the great prizes that have been donated, so I'm not opposed at all to extending it.

• Members

That brings that total items to 15? Wow.

i count 14.

that is including the 2 from Wilson--he seemed to back out when there was the controversy, i pm'd him twice to see if he was still in (since the controversy was resolved). haven't heard back from him, but we'll see.

• Members

I am withdrawing myself from the drawing to increase the already ridiculous odds of winning as well as donate a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. to the drawing if we hit $2000 by the first.

Ho.lee.{censored}!

Juri--that's awesome!!!

Bros--seriously, not that i want Juri to lose out on his Memory Lane Jr., but this is a huge incentive to get a flurry of donations here at the end. We basically need to get $720 more by Dec 1st. c'mon--don't sit on the {censored}ing sidelines. let's make this happen!

• Members

Hey guys--i need to float this out there as far as the actual raffle drawing goes.

Initially, i was thinking of physically cutting out a bunch of tickets--and having someone neutral like Phil draw the winners. However, given what went down earlier--i really don't want to trouble Phil with that.

I was thinking of just using an Excel spreadsheet--with a name entry for every raffle ticket purchased, which basically has a corresponding row number. so if you donated enough for 5 raffle tickets, you'd get 5 line entries in the table. then i was thinking of just using a random number generator (yes those exist) to pick the winning numbers. I'd plan on showing all of it in a youtube vid (same way Phil has done for BTOB's in the past).

Does anyone have any heartburn with me doing it this way?

Archived