OT: So, my wife and I are going busking tomorrow... Advice?

AidyCM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by 100 dollar cars

View Post

i read the first page, then skipped to the last to see someone called sal a cocksucker.

hcfxdontdisappointnone.

Page after page of {censored} talk and none of it mattered until I spoke up... apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

222619_211390002215642_5563263_n.jpg

Is this ATL's version of the Gravitron?

gravitron.jpg

• Members

Why is it that every time people like to reveal something personal about themselves the knives come out?

Glad you had fun busking, life isn't about making money. It's about enjoying. Lack of money can make that harder but trying to find something you love doing is the best way.

Maybe your busking career turns into an act, etc...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner

View Post

I can hardly believe some of the comments here. But then, this is HC.

Yeah, I guess nothing completes a Sunday for some people than going online, dismissing a bad situation someone has found themselves in, calling them a liar and just out-right insulting them aprospos of nothing while you sit back with zero problems and a middle class lifestyle.

• Members

One foolproof method to not getting your loved ones and personal information made fun of on the internet is to not share pictures of loved ones and personal information on the internet. It sounds like an easy concept but many here can't seem to figure it out.

Next time instead of pics of your wife and your pooping problems, maybe just say, "I'm going busking for fun, any thoughts?"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

Doesn't matter how you slice it... it took two people to pull in 12 pounds.

..in an hour, which is basically min wage... and busking with his missus has got to be more fun that working in MuckDonalds, what's your point?

I have no idea why some people on this forum thought it would be good to have you back... you're an asshole so I can only presume they wanted you back for general 'lulz' which is about all your input on this forum is worth.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin

View Post

One foolproof method to not getting your loved ones and personal information made fun of on the internet is to not share pictures of loved ones and personal information on the internet. It sounds like an easy concept but many here can't seem to figure it out.

Next time instead of pics of your wife and your pooping problems, maybe just say, "I'm going busking for fun, any thoughts?"

Or the flip side: people could stop being dicks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

If you're gonna put stuff on the internet like this, you should probably develop a thick skin to go with it...

It's funny how places like this always pretend to be a community until there is an opportunity to devour one of their own.

• Members

Hey, I've not said anything. I just think if you put pictures of your nearest and dearest up on the internet, together with personal sob stories you're going to attract commentry. Especially somewhere like this. I'm not condoning it.

• Members

I believe I've said this before, but "in real life" do you guys not give your breaus a hard time too? {censored} I say far worse things to my breaus and they don't get all butt hurt, they have at me back.

Jokes at the expense of others are awesome and are not meant to be taken seriously.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit

View Post

I believe I've said this before, but "in real life" do you guys not give your breaus a hard time too? {censored} I say far worse things to my breaus and they don't get all butt hurt, they have at me back.

Jokes at the expense of others are awesome and are not meant to be taken seriously.

I'd like to think everyone here at HCFX is my friend, but I'm not naive enough to think that. It's much easier to just think that the people who are dicks to you are not your friends.

I guess there should be more sarcasm purple in his thread. Maybe that would help clarify people's "jokes"?

• Members

Pewts right. If I had a pale friend with pooping problems I would make fun of him all the time in real life. I'm actually nicer on the forum because I don't want to get banned idn_smilie.gif

Don't want to get made fun of? Don't share personal info. This is not a "community" by any means, there's over 400,000 members on this site.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory

View Post

I'd like to think everyone here at HCFX is my friend, but I'm not naive enough to think that. It's much easier to just think that the people who are dicks to you are not your friends.

I guess there should be more sarcasm purple in his thread. Maybe that would help clarify people's "jokes"?

colin, come chat sometime.

• Members

Failing to oppose crap behavior is, in fact, condoning it. But you know, better to spend one's time and energy on making others feel worse so you can feel better? Wondering if those people know how foolish that looks?

To the OP, good luck and busk on! Busking can do a lot for you, musically: the constraints of needing to be ultra portable will help you think through song arrangements; the need to engage an audience will help your showmanship, etc. and you meet some great people.

Archived