Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So i am ready for a new bandproject: all dirty retro garagerock!

I trimmed down my pedalboard for the occasion and play my rickenbacker 330 or hagstrom viking tremar deluxe with ghs nashville pickups through my vox ac15.

Lots of nice nasty fuzz, slapback delay, spring reverb and tremolo.

The first pic is what i use and the second pic shows what's left off the board.

• Members

decided to keep the PDS. Does some cool stuff, and I got it broken for $20 so its worth keeping around..Waiting till finals are over to order parts to build a Pharaoh and Madbean Boneyard so I'll have some fuzz and distortion. The green pedal is a Barber silver LTD clone.

9CC6B78A-0258-4058-9000-DD1C56386F40-963

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

decided to keep the PDS. Does some cool stuff, and I got it broken for $20 so its worth keeping around..Waiting till finals are over to order parts to build a Pharaoh and Madbean Boneyard so I'll have some fuzz and distortion. The green pedal is a Barber silver LTD clone.

9CC6B78A-0258-4058-9000-DD1C56386F40-963

This is golden, dude. What's the baby blue one?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

are you going DL4>Hog or vice versa?

I'm running the HOG into the DL4, with the fuzz and killswitch preceding the HOG. I'm really liking this arrangement, and I'm totally shocked by the MXR Slash Octave Fuzz. It might be my favorite fuzz box yet, and I've pretty much been through them all.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherArcher

View Post

Z9xqK.jpg

The only new thing is the MXR fuzz. An early chrissmas present from my girlfriend.

I love it so far. Sounds great through a Vox.

The MXR 108 is great.

But what the heck is up with your setting on it? Fuzz at minimum?

Doin it wrong. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS

View Post

I actually had some second thoughts about the Delaylab when the Flashback X4 came out, but after doing some AB'ing between the two, I'm happier with my Delaylab. As for the tap tempo changing, I can't say I know a fix. I've been meaning to email Vox about it because it does get a bit annoying sometimes, especially in live/band settings where you use the tap tempo, forget about it, re-engage the preset, and it sounds silly facepalm.gif

I think I found out how to make the tap temp (and a could of the other parameters stay set once you use them). It's in the manual, you need to unplug the input cable, and then press the "category" button and A footswitch at the same time, then plug in the input cable. Seems to have worked. The tone/speed and intensity controls are not impacted by this though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

The MXR 108 is great.

This! I love the Classic 108, one of my favorite fuzzes. I've been demoing the Dunlop Fuzz Face "artist series" with Jimi on it, sounds good too, but lacks that great buffer of the Classic 108, costs about $10 more, and really doesn't save space as the jacks on are the back. Plus it has trim pots on the inside which kind of annoy me.

• Members

My latest rendition... Exactly the same except I've added the SP Compressor. Not a bad comp at all. A tad noisy, but hasn't been that bad. I've got it in the same loop as the Naga Viper. I only use one or the other depending on which guitar I'm playing.

SP Comp = ASAT (single coils)

Naga Viper = Les Paul (humbuckers; high output Burstbuckers to be exact)... And I'll also add that I'm completely blown away by how awesome the Naga Viper sounds with my Les Paul running into either my Vox or Marshall channel. Catalinbread, thank you. thumb.gif

DE43C832-F0BE-4A5A-91A7-88296C3494FC-193

• Members

thanks thumb.gif top right? its the barber clone mentioned in my post.

Whoops. Guess I should actually read posts.

The MXR 108 is great.

I've never really been able to get into fuzz, so I'm easing into it I suppose. All I know is I like it way more than any muff I've tried. Plus, without the buffer on it's pretty nasty no matter where the fuzz is set.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherArcher

View Post

Whoops. Guess I should actually read posts.

I've never really been able to get into fuzz, so I'm easing into it I suppose. All I know is I like it way more than any muff I've tried. Plus, without the buffer on it's pretty nasty no matter where the fuzz is set.

One secret with a fuzz face, and you might already know this, and if so disregard, but turn the fuzz up all the way. It should be loud and thundering, the way God intended it to be. But roll back your guitar's volume control, if you're using single coils, it doesn't take much, and you'll quickly find it can be dialed in for a little fuzz, almost like an overdrive, to basically a clean tone altogether. And then when it's right, turn up that volume control all the way, and get ready for blitzkrieg. A muff can't do that, but they're cool too for different reasons.

Archived