Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

sexy like always stu thumb.gif how is the Strymon BSR for you? do you use it for "spacey" reverb or "standard" verb.?

Thanks!! I mainly use it for over the top verb with a long decay on chords. I also use it on leads quite a bit with the pre-delay dimed! My always on verb is very minimal and comes from my amp.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS

View Post

I actually had some second thoughts about the Delaylab when the Flashback X4 came out, but after doing some AB'ing between the two, I'm happier with my Delaylab. As for the tap tempo changing, I can't say I know a fix. I've been meaning to email Vox about it because it does get a bit annoying sometimes, especially in live/band settings where you use the tap tempo, forget about it, re-engage the preset, and it sounds silly facepalm.gif

Hmm, so it isn't just me. So it seems like each preset when you change it, say from analog to tape, has their own built in delay time, and it isn't based on what you had just tapped in before changing presets. And this is true with all of the other parameters too. The only way around this then, is to make presets. How many presets are there, just 3, or is there more? I need to fully explore this thing. But it is a very cool delay overall. Certainly more interesting than the X4.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BAXANDALL

View Post

Stubacca wow! What a nice board! Did you make that or does someone sell those? The pedal selection is awesome too!

Also, what does Mike do to Whammy's?

Thanks so much! Yeah, the board was made by Salvage Custom. It's truly a thing of beauty! As for the pedal selection... it's almost there. I have a cosmichorusV3 going in where the SDD is and then I'll be set... for now. The WH1 mod is just true bypass... it's the best Whammy there is but it sux tone when bypassed. Loving this set up!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stubacca

View Post

Thanks so much! Yeah, the board was made by Salvage Custom. It's truly a thing of beauty! As for the pedal selection... it's almost there. I have a cosmichorusV3 going in where the SDD is and then I'll be set... for now. The WH1 mod is just true bypass... it's the best Whammy there is but it sux tone when bypassed. Loving this set up!!

Thanks. I think I know what I'm shooting for this year. Both the board and the true bypass from Mike. Again, great setup Stubacca. Wow.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist

View Post

how's the WMD, Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

What are your thoughts on the Geiger Counter?

It's pretty incredible, but I'm using the Fuzz Factory for similar sounds and the point of this board is to only have the essentials. I've since replaced it with the Mastotron

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyunitas

View Post

still so nice. still so crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by WeStartToDrift

View Post

Throw a delay on there and I'd rock the {censored} out of that board.

View Post

its still a great board Christian thumb.gif

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Dang Christian, nice board. How does the signal run?

Guitar> Loop-Master Switcher>

Loop A> Green Russian muff> Creepy Fingers Sugar Boost

Loop B> Fuzz Factory> Malekko Fuzz> TU-2> Xotic Effects AC Boost> Keeley Nova Wah> ZVEX Mastotron

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

Yea the empress. It's a want certainly not needed right now. I took the phaser off my board because I really wasn't using it at all. The volume came off because I'm still using my volume knob way more and I'm getting a blower switch installed on my guitar. Wanna buy it? Haha

All set man on volume for now but thanks for offering.

• Members

View Post

nice board. how is the tri muff by SUF? can you compare it to other tri's?

Thanks bro! Matt at SUF has traced tons of big muff circuits across all versions. If you're looking for something specific on the triangle muff spectrum he's probably come across one that gets there. If you're thinking of getting one I'd definitely tell him what you're after. Mine has great note clarity and does chords about as well as a big muff can. It's on the higher gain side for a triangle muff. Nothing outside of what you might find on a vintage one however. It also has an insane amount of volume on tap. The tone and sustain knobs have an incredible range and they're useful through the whole sweep. I never leave home without it! cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer

View Post

Thanks bro! Matt at SUF has traced tons of big muff circuits across all versions. If you're looking for something specific on the triangle muff spectrum he's probably come across one that gets there. If you're thinking of getting one I'd definitely tell him what you're after. Mine has great note clarity and does chords about as well as a big muff can. It's on the higher gain side for a triangle muff. Nothing outside of what you might find on a vintage one however. It also has an insane amount of volume on tap. The tone and sustain knobs have an incredible range and they're useful through the whole sweep. I never leave home without it! cool.gif

thanks for the infos! i use a skreddy zero the last time which i really like and tought a green muff beside is the right one. But i am more a fan of the tighter higher gain tri muff styles. Zero is for sure a different one... i just heard good things about SUF but didnt knew about the tri muff. - thank you!

• Members

View Post

^nice board pelliott. do you run the pareidolia behind the dirt?

Yessir. I tried it before and after the dirt chain and I found that I really like it after the DLS. I usually don't use modulation with higher gain sounds.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

I got a Hannukah present (top right) just in time for BOTB! Awwwww...

e5rc3s.jpg

It seems that OCD > DLS MkII gives me a pretty similar sound to what I'm doing with the Elements so the OCD may be coming off the board for the first time in almost 2.5 years

It moved.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

Yessir. I tried it before and after the dirt chain and I found that I really like it after the DLS. I usually don't use modulation with higher gain sounds.

ok. i didnt tried the pareidolia but i think "my swirl" pedals blends better in front of the dirt. But i miss something behind too.

• Members

View Post

ok. i didnt tried the pareidolia but i think "my swirl" pedals blends better in front of the dirt. But i miss something behind too.

Yeah it depends on what swirl for me. If it was a pure phaser I'd most likely have it out front, but I'm sorta treating the Pareidolia like it's the in-amp effect it was designed to emulate.

Of course, I'm probably doing that wrong.

Archived