Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

I use it to boost a slightly crunchy amp and the mids side for leads. I don't think anyone really explains the Koko boost too well. So the left side is a full boost so its transparent, great when you need umph. The mid side carries over whatever volume level you have the boost side set to so if you activitate the mids side and turn the boost dial it'll raise the volume. The mids knob raises one of the three frequencies further up. The toggle from left to right is: middle mids-high mids-lower mids. All cut just in different ways. The first lets your guitar's tone come through more, the next cuts through, and the last is really thick but smooth. All in all you can't go wrong with it.

Thanks for the explanation!

I think I'll give it a try.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

{censored}ing amazing

I cut the expression pedal side of my FCB1010 off. Might be something you want to look into... This is an old board pic with it.

a4c37ac3.jpg

that's {censored}ing cool. I'm definitely gonna look into doing that and saving some real estate.

excited.

can't see from your pic, but where'd you put the power supply and on-off switch.

now i'll have to fill that space with moar pedals. rawwwr!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

that's {censored}ing cool. I'm definitely gonna look into doing that and saving some real estate.

excited.

can't see from your pic, but where'd you put the power supply and on-off switch.

now i'll have to fill that space with moar pedals. rawwwr!

here is what I did. I didn't use the switch outputs either so I moved the power transformer over and remounted it where the switch outputs where.

20BA88AA-E039-4880-9559-BDA47B1ECED9-101

• Members

Oh yea! Cool, which one? I like headstock tuners as well... I recently stuck my TU-2 back on the board for muting purposes. It seemed to come in handy though because we do some straight ahead stuff and I switch guitars. Now I don't need another tuner or to swap it all the time.

Still, headstock tuners rock

Quote Originally Posted by udi9

View Post

hehe...yeah, no Turbo Tuner. I got a headstock tuner and I really dig it smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

Oh yea! Cool, which one? I like headstock tuners as well... I recently stuck my TU-2 back on the board for muting purposes. It seemed to come in handy though because we do some straight ahead stuff and I switch guitars. Now I don't need another tuner or to swap it all the time.

Still, headstock tuners rock

I got the Planet Waves NS Mini tuner. really surprising how accurate it is.

I'm trying to use only one guitar and keep the pedalboard as minimal as I can. I'm using the VP for muting.

but yeah, if you're using more than one guitar a pedal is easier.

• Members

Yea, I didn't like playing straight ahead with my electric. The other guitar player uses a jazz box and it made it weird having one electric against it, tone wise. I'm a one guitar guy too. I get confused when switching instruments.

That's the same tuner I have and it's lasted the longest. I killed an intelitouch and a snark before it.

Gotta love minimalism on the board!

View Post

I got the Planet Waves NS Mini tuner. really surprising how accurate it is.

I'm trying to use only one guitar and keep the pedalboard as minimal as I can. I'm using the VP for muting.

but yeah, if you're using more than one guitar a pedal is easier.

• Members

View Post

Yea, I didn't like playing straight ahead with my electric. The other guitar player uses a jazz box and it made it weird having one electric against it, tone wise. I'm a one guitar guy too. I get confused when switching instruments.

That's the same tuner I have and it's lasted the longest. I killed an intelitouch and a snark before it.

Gotta love minimalism on the board!

Which guitar do you use with that group?

minimalism FTW!

• Members

Me too! haha.

Yea, I picked it up for real cheap to use with this bands jazz stuff... I had always wanted one and then I saw an extremely beat up one go by on craigslist. Had to snag it up!

View Post

Love your Carvin!

and I didn't know you have the Epi...cool!

• Members

Me too! haha.

Yea, I picked it up for real cheap to use with this bands jazz stuff... I had always wanted one and then I saw an extremely beat up one go by on craigslist. Had to snag it up!

View Post

Love your Carvin!

and I didn't know you have the Epi...cool!

• Members

View Post

...I saw an extremely beat up one go by on craigslist. Had to snag it up!

I wanna see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

Straight to the point boards ftw. Less stuff to think about smile.gif

thumb.gif

Archived