Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

The Empress ParaEQ? Those things are sweet.

Dang Christian, nice board. How does the signal run?

Yea the empress. It's a want certainly not needed right now. I took the phaser off my board because I really wasn't using it at all. The volume came off because I'm still using my volume knob way more and I'm getting a blower switch installed on my guitar. Wanna buy it? Haha

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS

View Post

10mlb1g.jpg

Threw the M5 back on because it decided to start working again and replaced my DE-7 with an Echopuss. Once I get a compressor and maybe a new RAT, I think I'll be done for a while.

Don't need much more than this. How do you like the Delaylab? I just got one to demo, and it's one surprising delay. I had no idea it had so many different types of delays. One gripe I have, and I haven't opened the manual yet, but every time you change a delay type, or even the sub delay type, I seem to have to change the tap tempo every time, or change the feedback, and mix, etc. Sort of annoying. There must be a global setting perhaps? Also there's a lot to remember, like how the intensity knob might work with certain delays, different than it does others. Overall, I think it's a really good sounding delay, with a tremendous amount of tweaking available if you want it. The complete opposite really of the Flashback X4.

• Members

Yeah it's basically a blue box with extra controls. It's got a switch that goes between one and two octaves down, and an extra tone shaping knob. It just shipped here today. From the videos it's more gated sounding too but I'll have a better feel for how it sounds after tomorrow. It's too late here to crank it up!

I'll always love the Blue Box though!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Don't need much more than this. How do you like the Delaylab? I just got one to demo, and it's one surprising delay. I had no idea it had so many different types of delays. One gripe I have, and I haven't opened the manual yet, but every time you change a delay type, or even the sub delay type, I seem to have to change the tap tempo every time, or change the feedback, and mix, etc. Sort of annoying. There must be a global setting perhaps? Also there's a lot to remember, like how the intensity knob might work with certain delays, different than it does others. Overall, I think it's a really good sounding delay, with a tremendous amount of tweaking available if you want it. The complete opposite really of the Flashback X4.

I actually had some second thoughts about the Delaylab when the Flashback X4 came out, but after doing some AB'ing between the two, I'm happier with my Delaylab. As for the tap tempo changing, I can't say I know a fix. I've been meaning to email Vox about it because it does get a bit annoying sometimes, especially in live/band settings where you use the tap tempo, forget about it, re-engage the preset, and it sounds silly facepalm.gif

Archived