Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Dudes, if I can pull off cramming all this stuff on my board, I'll be so stoked. The little space above the RC3 is for a footswitch I'm going to build for looping.

1220011026.jpg

New official board pic in the next few days or so

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

Still needs wired up, but this is Version 2.0 so far. No plans to change or buy anything new.

1219112359b.jpg

"and it starts again" ... nice board thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bkd

View Post

Dudes, if I can pull off cramming all this stuff on my board, I'll be so stoked. The little space above the RC3 is for a footswitch I'm going to build for looping.

1220011026.jpg

the Titan looks so good thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

1220011026.jpg

I love the black/green vs. red/white color scheme thumb.gif

• Members

^ Thanks! It wasn't planned at all, but just happened to work like that with the signal chain and layout. I got away with adding the looper/footswitch without having to remove anything, although I don't think I'll be able to close the pedalboard with the lid haha. I just realized if the Titan had side-mounted jacks, this setup wouldn't work. You're the man Flo!

• Members

View Post

1220011026.jpg

Love it, man. Is the Titan a Sonic Titan clone?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Nice board here. You have 2 pedals on your main board that interest me, the Barber LTD SR and the Mantra - are they alike in any way, tell what you like about both, or what you don't like. Thanks!

Here's your late answer, sorry about that.

The LTD SR and the Mantra are not alike in any way but complement each other really well. The Barber has low gain, of course, but such a nice musical voice to it, not too crunchy and aggressive but also not too smooth and polished. I had the regular LTD before and it had a hair too many mids, was a little darker. This one doesn't change your base tone at all.

Of the Mantra I also had the regular version before which had just too much gain for my liking, so I got the low-gain mod (the toggle between the pots). It is really crunchy and dirty and very uncompressed, but the regular version started at about the max end of my gain range, and can be quite hissy the more you turn it up. The low gain version gives me that raunchiness as well but at lower gain settings, and in that range is also completely noise-free. It may be dirty but you can still tell your guitar and amp. And having the low/high-gain toggle adds a ton of versatility, so I can still let it rip when necessary.

I have the higher gain before the lower gain pedal now, after some trying around, so that the dirtier one pushes the amp-like one, or I use the Barber as the quasi master volume for the Mantra.

Great pedals!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pedrozepelim

View Post

Please tells us about the Rook!

Also what amp are you using?

The Mojo Hand pedal is not the Rook overdrive but the Colossus Fuzz, which is just an all around great muff variant. The Big Muff for people who don’t really like Muff pedals, like me.

For Amps I use a Framus Ruby Riot that I had modded by German tech Tonehunter to be a classic AC30. The clean channel was already gorgeous before, the lead channel sucked big time before, way too much gain, way too little character. The clean channel is still the same, the lead now is warm crunchy Vox overdrive.

After that experience I also had them mod my Peavey Classic 30, which was only my home practice amp. After, it became just a great shimmery Fenderish amp with headroom, I use it more than the Framus these days.

Sometimes I use both simultaneously, hence the Radial Bigshot switcher.

Also have a Blackheart Little Giant.

• Members

View Post

^ Thanks! It wasn't planned at all, but just happened to work like that with the signal chain and layout. I got away with adding the looper/footswitch without having to remove anything, although I don't think I'll be able to close the pedalboard with the lid haha. I just realized if the Titan had side-mounted jacks, this setup wouldn't work. You're the man Flo!

Feel free to drill new holes, there should be plenty of space inside for it to fit thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

I'd like to buy a Space to replace the GK3 on the board now that I don't have anything to control.

2gvlcok.jpg

I'm wanting to demote the GK3 to a noise board I'm putting together and maybe couple that with a Moog Ring Mod love.gif

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU THAT JESTER

So huge, yet so awesome. Nice board, bruvva.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

I'd like to buy a Space to replace the GK3 on the board now that I don't have anything to control.

2gvlcok.jpg

I'm wanting to demote the GK3 to a noise board I'm putting together and maybe couple that with a Moog Ring Mod love.gif

How are you liking the HBOD?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tremster

View Post

Here's your late answer, sorry about that.

The LTD SR and the Mantra are not alike in any way but complement each other really well. The Barber has low gain, of course, but such a nice musical voice to it, not too crunchy and aggressive but also not too smooth and polished. I had the regular LTD before and it had a hair too many mids, was a little darker. This one doesn't change your base tone at all.

Of the Mantra I also had the regular version before which had just too much gain for my liking, so I got the low-gain mod (the toggle between the pots). It is really crunchy and dirty and very uncompressed, but the regular version started at about the max end of my gain range, and can be quite hissy the more you turn it up. The low gain version gives me that raunchiness as well but at lower gain settings, and in that range is also completely noise-free. It may be dirty but you can still tell your guitar and amp. And having the low/high-gain toggle adds a ton of versatility, so I can still let it rip when necessary.

I have the higher gain before the lower gain pedal now, after some trying around, so that the dirtier one pushes the amp-like one, or I use the Barber as the quasi master volume for the Mantra.

Great pedals!

THanks, very helpful. Do you have to buy the low gain Mantra directly from Blackout Effectors?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

THanks, very helpful. Do you have to buy the low gain Mantra directly from Blackout Effectors?

I bought it directly from them, I don't know if there are dealers in the US that stock them. It's 20 $ more than the regular one, but well worth it.

Also see this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU THAT JESTER

So huge, yet so awesome. Nice board, bruvva.

Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by fruvai

View Post

How are you liking the HBOD?

I really dig it. I've only had it for two days but so far so good. I think it works best stacked with another pedal be it a compressor or another OD. That was through my Fendery amps. Then I plugged it into my Pathfinder and love.gif I can't wait till my Mesa Lonestar Special arrives so I can try the HBOD as that'll be the only pedal I own that I haven't run through that amp (understandably as I got it new) but needless to say I am excite to hear the results given my experiences with the Pathfinder+HBOD.

• Members

Getting to know the Unpleasant Surprise tonight...

boardS.jpg

The problem with having a "finished" board, with everything perfectly wired, built in power and whatnot, it it's a pain in the ass to test new things with your set chain, it's only easy to drop {censored} in front or behind. it's also good though, the U.S. is the only thing I bought this year, and making it hard to swap {censored} around means less {censored}ing with pedals and more playing.

*Oh yeah, I downsized by 3-4 pedals some time ago.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nomenclature

View Post

Getting to know the Unpleasant Surprise tonight...

boardS.jpg

The problem with having a "finished" board, with everything perfectly wired, built in power and whatnot, it it's a pain in the ass to test new things with your set chain, it's only easy to drop {censored} in front or behind.

Hey, you said it -- totally agree.

Are you posting over at MBP? I couldn't remember.

Archived