shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

6595483675_fbecd6b9e8_z.jpg

Ths is my "ambience" board for playing my synth or my 8 string through.

Boss TU-2

EQD Helicopter Party (4 knob hoof -> Grand Orbiter V1 -> Hummingbird V2 w/ expression inputs for rate controls on the GO+HB)

EQD Ghost Disaster (delay + reverb).

Helicopter Party love.gif in the end just a orbiter, hoof and hummingird in one box - but damn thats a sexy item thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

Helicopter Party love.gif in the end just a orbiter, hoof and hummingird in one box - but damn thats a sexy item thumb.gif

Thanks man! That thing that sets it apart and really makes it what it is, is the expression inputs. Totally changes everything and makes it sooo much fun to play, set the trem rate high and the phase low and it sounds like an analog synth with the ability to adjust for tempo on the fly. Plus it saves space and only requires one 9v outlet and 1 patch cable, with the added benefit of saying i've only got 3 pedals for next years BOTB small board contest.... Oh no i've all ready given up the ghost frown.gif

• Members

View Post

Boss TU-2

EQD Helicopter Party (4 knob hoof -> Grand Orbiter V1 -> Hummingbird V2 w/ expression inputs for rate controls on the GO+HB)

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

It's right here, other photo wasn't mine, posting pic for previous forumite:

Here's "your" headrush biggrin.gif

IansSGandCoolCatVibe018.jpg

Awesome. So much ground covered with both these boards. I applaude to you thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

thats a tight board Ian... how is the one knob mxr chorus? and what covers your rotatry/lex sounds?

It's pretty good. Simple, but sounds nice, from subtle, to more of a rotary chorus thing. Although I need to have the FGC on too, to get more lower end depth from it. I tried it in front of dirt, but it adds a lot of noise there, so it has to be after dirt. The Dano CC Vibe can do a decent rotary too, with more depth, and works great in front of dirt. A bit of a volume boost, and it takes the effect a second or two to engage, but for $50 I can't complain. Not sure if I'll keep the MXR chorus long term or not, but for now it's cool, doesn't cost much, not taking up too much space either.

• Members

View Post

Boss TU-2

WHERE THE {censored} DID YOU GET A HELICOPTER PARTY!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Members

why the hellz don't people take the time to take a good picture? You might as well just list your pedals if your going to use a cellphone in low light. In fact, listing them would be a clearer way of telling what you have than a lot of these pics. Quality standards, damnit!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

Whats the story with the Starcaster Chorus? Is it the real deal for $15???????

Update on this: It just stopped working, kinda. The filters still work, but there is no chorus effect. Not sure what happened. Furthermore, for fifteen bucks, who cares?

• Members

I believe the old muffs had neither a buffer nor a true bypass circuit, like most vintage pedals. A TB mod should be pretty easy with that pedal, if you or a friend knows how to solder. Something to consider if you really like the pedal. If you're willing to sacrifice the LED, you could probably even do it without buying any new parts (or just swap the current switch for 3PDT switch that you can get from pedalparts or smallbear).

• Members

View Post

Boss TU-2

Combo pedals should be more popular. It's a great way of eliminating tone suck and faffing around with extra cables and power supplies. You just have to be sure of what you want because it's pretty much set in stone. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

shot_1325223769178Zz.jpg

The ic muff has been stealing time from my sovtek. In doing so, it's really made me aware of how poopy the bypass on the sovtek is icon_lol.gif

I like your boards, I would rock that hard. I should simplify just a bit, but I find it hard to give up stuff I like, but don't necessarily need. I'm finding I'm getting the photography bug here soon, tough to have two expensive hobbies.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

Combo pedals should be more popular. It's a great way of eliminating tone suck and faffing around with extra cables and power supplies. You just have to be sure of what you want because it's pretty much set in stone. icon_lol.gif

I completely agree, i love having 5 effects in 2 pedals. Theres alot less cables to trouble shoot and powering is alot simpler. But your right if your going with combo pedals then you have to make sure its exactly what you want. All i use now pretty much is combo pedals on both boards, for different reasons. On my other board is my custom BAT LSTR/OCD which i experimented with before i decided on the combo but the main reason i wanted a combo pedal is to have a master on/off for both pedals to help eliminate tap dancing when switching from clean to distorted. The EQD Helicopter Party (the one in the bottom of the posted pic) wasnt my custom order but was almost exactly what i was looking for, i love the synthy combo of phaser and tremolo and i missed my grand orbiter. The hoof was an added benefit, its not super heavy like my other board but thats not what i wanted and even though i never played a hoof before i was pleasantly surprised by the whole pedal. The expression rate controls were totally worth it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

WHERE THE {censored} DID YOU GET A HELICOPTER PARTY!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ATauO

View Post

THIS> how much and where.

On another forum from the person who ordered it from Jamie, its a custom one off. And it was not cheap, but well worth it.....

• Members

View Post

Boss TU-2

Holy {censored}, that's so sexy I can't take it.

My board has dropped down to just a zw wah, tu3, grand orbiter and de7. I'd rather have yours. love.gif

Hell, I barely use the de7 as it is right now

Archived