Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

the inside is a big board. it's a clone of the Electric Mistress, so they did get it smaller then the original!

Madbean recently released a board for an Electric Mistress that will fit in a 125B. Next on my list of projects so I can shrink my board down.

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

I have been having issues of late getting my newest pedals to stay in a working condition for me, what with weak and burned out tubes, but I am now very happy with my full board finally together as one big happy family.

DecemberGuitarRig-1.jpg

*inserts image of that shocked little girl, presumably from some old American sitcom*

You should build a better board though. A two-level thing with your big badass boxes at the back and the rest on a lower front row.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Snufkino

View Post

*inserts image of that shocked little girl, presumably from some old American sitcom*

You should build a better board though. A two-level thing with your big badass boxes at the back and the rest on a lower front row.

Um, yeah, it would seem I have to add a second level. The poor tuner pedal isn't in the signal chain at the moment due to no space. I need to cut a lengthwise slot for better cable management, as well.

• Members

I replaced my Mini-RRR with the El Capistan on my gigging board. Don't get me wrong; I love my RRR more than just about any pedal I've ever owned, it's just that we have one song where I need a huge wash of sound, and I missed having reverb and delay. The RRR sounds great, I just needed both effects at the same time in order to truly {censored} up my sound enough. icon_lol.gif I'm pretty damn happy with this board though. The only addition I can think of is that I may build myself a favorite switch for the El Cap.

ElBoardo.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist

View Post

one question - where do you use your EQ's in the chain, and why?

any tips?

I use mine (it's a rack EQ) in the amp effects loop, but if I had a pedal on my board...I'd put it after the distortion/OD, but before any sort of pitch/modulation/delay/volume stuff. It's really up to you though, but I know I don't use my EQ to shape the sound of my phaser or delay pedals. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Cut down from the ridiculous mess to the essentials since I got a new amp today. Used a couple place holders for stuff I'm picking up on Monday. This'll probably be my last board before I put everything in a rack for MIDI control.

6490864901_eea58315b5_b.jpg

Signal path is Guitar->Turbo Tuner->Empress Compressor->D*A*M Super Bee->Bearfoot Honey Bee OD->BJFe Sea Blue EQ->CAA OD100 with the FX loop being FX Send->ISP Decimator->Red Witch Empress->Hartman Analog Flanger->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space->FX Return. The D*A*M gets swapped around with a couple other fuzzes when I feel like it, namely a Drag'n'Fly, Meathead Deluxe, Cognitive Dissonance MKII, Mayonaise MKII or Sun Face NKT. SBEQ is holding the place of a Providence Sonic Drive, Red Witch is holding the place of a Providence Anadime Chorus.

just ot thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist

View Post

one question - where do you use your EQ's in the chain, and why?

any tips?

I usually prefer EQs early in the chain, pre-dirt, but I know plenty of people prefer them post-dirt.

Phil wrote an article on this very topic earlier this year which explains the benefits of each approach:

Phil's EQ pedal article Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KoskineN

View Post

OCD back on duty as my medium OD, love this thing. Sounds great boosted by the Black Forest.

44cbe817.jpg

What do you use your EP Booster for? I've been experimenting with different spots on my board. Right now, it's first in the chain, providing a gain boost. I might try it as a clean boost at the end of the chain though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by larry50

View Post

What do you use your EP Booster for? I've been experimenting with different spots on my board. Right now, it's first in the chain, providing a gain boost. I might try it as a clean boost at the end of the chain though.

I use it as a clean boost, especially for my Strat or Mustang that have low output pickups. It's also a great boost for the other dirt pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KoskineN

View Post

I use it as a clean boost, especially for my Strat or Mustang that have low output pickups. It's also a great boost for the other dirt pedals.

I call it my "sound better" pedal. smile.gif

I have my OCD set to low gain and high volume (basically set up as a cleanish boost) and when I run it through my TC Electronic Mojomojo Overdrive, which I have set to high gain and low volume, it's just love.giflove.gif.

Also, how do you like the Malekko phaser?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by larry50

View Post

I call it my "sound better" pedal. smile.gif

Also, how do you like the Malekko phaser?

I also use mine that way! The Malekko is very cool. Sounds somewhere between a Phase 90 and a Small Stone IMO. Simple and effective, and tweaking the internal trimpot

brings more tonal variations.

Archived