shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Should it replace my Goatkeeper GAS?

Never tried a Goatkeeper, but I hear they're great, so maybe not. I think the Goatkeeper has a lot more sounds too it, the Stutterbox is a simpler design but with enough versatility to really dial in a great amp like tremolo sound.

• Members

^this is the main question imo - i want the GK - but i dont see myself using the sequenzer and all the other extras...

EDIT: the Phase/Vibe shootout here is over now. i'll keep the Pigtronix EP-2, Retroman Uber Vibe and the Diamond Vibrato facepalm.gif Diamond Phase is ultra sweet and sounds sooo good. - but it is just another color of swirl and the EP 2 can go faster and deeper etc. i guess i have to order one Pedal Train Pro in 2012 facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

^this is the main question imo - i want the GK - but i dont see myself using the sequenzer and all the other extras...

EDIT: the Phase/Vibe shootout here is over now. i'll keep the Pigtronix EP-2, Retroman Uber Vibe and the Diamond Vibrato facepalm.gif Diamond Phase is ultra sweet and sounds sooo good. - but it is just another color of swirl and the EP 2 can go faster and deeper etc. i guess i have to order one Pedal Train Pro in 2012 facepalm.gif

The Iron Ether Cygnet Tremolo is very similar in that you can control the subdivisions in sequence, but because you have to use an expression pedal to do so it means the pedal is smaller. It's also cheaper. The Zvex Tremorama is another sequence tremolo I'd recommend that is smaller - though somehow it's actually more expensive than the GK3. facepalm.gif

• Members

Putting together a gigging rhythm guitar board...just need my favorite go to pedals that I know like the back of my hand.

Just gotta decide which OD to use in that empty spot...problem is that in one band I use my Savage Schatten (think ballsier Vox), which likes treble boosters/RAT type distortion, and the other band I use my Dr. Z Monza, which prefers Marshall type OD pedals (ZVex BOR, Catalinbread DLS, etc.). I was hoping to just leave one on and not have to swap out...might not be a way around it. I do have a really special custom-shop Catalinbread pedal on its way that might do both for me...fingers crossed biggrin.gif

Really loving the flight case for this guy too...brings the mini up off the floor another 2 inches or so.

2011-12-27153648.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKid

View Post

Putting together a gigging rhythm guitar board...just need my favorite go to pedals that I know like the back of my hand.

Just gotta decide which OD to use in that empty spot...problem is that in one band I use my Savage Schatten (think ballsier Vox), which likes treble boosters/RAT type distortion, and the other band I use my Dr. Z Monza, which prefers Marshall type OD pedals (ZVex BOR, Catalinbread DLS, etc.). I was hoping to just leave one on and not have to swap out...might not be a way around it. I do have a really special custom-shop Catalinbread pedal on its way that might do both for me...fingers crossed biggrin.gif

Really loving the flight case for this guy too...brings the mini up off the floor another 2 inches or so.

2011-12-27153648.jpg

surely there is some inbetween pedals.. OCD perhaps? ratty/marshally?

• Members

Hi. I'm back from Jerusalem:

1uwKfCEwzxrfXUO9Pyvglg

Signal chain:

Code:

(gitfiddle)--(Tuner)-(TB Loop Swapper)-(EQ)-(Comp)-(Volume)-(Delay)--(amp)

| | | |

(BBE Wah) | | |---------|

| | | |

(DS1) | (Super Shifter) |

| | | |

(BYOC OD2) | (MicroPOG) |

| | | |

(NPN Fuzz)--| (Chorus)--------|

Notes:

- Just got the BBE Wah. Lovin' it.

- TB Loop Swapper: Two TB loops that can be swapped. (pitch effects before or after dirt+wah)

- DS1 modded for über mids.

- Starcaster Chorus: TB analogue chorus with hi and lo pass filters for $15. What the hell?

• Members

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-0868524...uckduckgo-d-20

It's just a cheap chorus pedal, and my step-dad saw it in a Walmart or Best Buy bargain bin a couple years back and grabbed it for me for Christmas. Glad he did! It's the only chorus pedal I've ever actually liked (probably because of the filters). It's just one of those cheap-o pedals that really shines, like the Fish&Chips, Bad Monkey, DE7, etc. Would recommend.

• Members

View Post

2011-12-27153648.jpg

Spring Chicken and E600 = love.gif Digging the flight case as well.

• Members

View Post

2011-12-27153648.jpg

Looks great my friend! I did something similar last week. Where did you get the flight case and how did you mount your power supply on the bottom? I strongly dislike having my powersupply on top of my board, it takes away precious pedal real estate.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

Spring Chicken and E600 = love.gif Digging the flight case as well.

They are a fantastic pair biggrin.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

Looks great my friend! I did something similar last week. Where did you get the flight case and how did you mount your power supply on the bottom? I strongly dislike having my powersupply on top of my board, it takes away precious pedal real estate.

Case is by Rock Hard. Actually had them do a false lid as well...there is a compartment that opens up to store cables and extra pedals etc.

As far as mounting the power, just use a grinder and cut through the middle rail. Then mount with industrial grade hook and loop. It's not the prettiest but it's all hidden anyway smile.gif I'll snap a pic for you when I get home.

• Members

View Post

2011-12-27153648.jpg

I have a couple of overdrive possibilities that might work. The Mad Prof RRB does a pretty good job with my AC15, especially with humbuckers, does a good job of adding extra gain without any mud, especially if you're driving your amps somewhat.

Another one I like is the SolidGold FF SuperDrive. They now have at PGS the Synergy which is a lower drive version of the Superdrive. The demo isn't great on PGS imo, but this pedal can do both lower drive gain like an OCD, as well as heavier distortion too. 2 way toggle to add a bit of bass if you need it. The presence control should be cranked all the way, and then reduce it if you want a bit less high end and more compression. Different configuration from most drives. Would be worth checking out imo.

Archived