Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

here's board no.2

245lpbm.jpg

Workhorse>sft>pitchfactor>modfactor>hyperion>moth> englishman>timefator>SMBH>WIIO>Space>modfactor>AD9 00>monarch

the aux pedal sends tap to all 5 eventides.

the workhorse might get booted for something different. might put the silver rose here and put a ram muff on the other board instead.

the two modfactors sync'd gets really really great new tones. not overkill at all.

Holy smokes!

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

I like this and would play the {censored} out of it.

thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KRAA!!

View Post

Do you ever use that Big Muff on guitar? Isn't it a one of the green-->black Russian transition models?

Yeah the whole board sounds great with guitar too. But I usually use it with bass, I've got other fuzz boxes for guitar use.

Yep, that's the one! I believe it's got the guts of a green tank and it surely sounds a lot thicker and fuller than the small black box muff when I AB'd them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by big_cat

View Post

just {censored}ing with ya a bit.....what's the pedal on the lower right? amp switcher or something?

No worries! You're right on- its a channel switcher for my amp. I didn't like the one that came with it because the cable was hard wired in.

• Members

I rocked (and funked, and souled) the heck out of this last Tuesday:

DSCN1278.jpg

I still can't manage to use the same board for two gigs in a row, but I got a lot of nice sounds out of this one.

The Boss AW-2 replaced a 3Leaf Proton and, along with a killer OD-3 I picked up recently, puts me one step closer to a potential all-Boss board.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Norge-

View Post

Nice! i've always wanted to try the hotcake. is the ad80 a newer release from Maxon? how do you like it?

Hotcake has been my main dirt pedal for a long time now, just an awesome pedal. thumb.gif

The AD80 is from Maxon's re-issue series but I don't actually know when they made these. Probably from the '90s? It's pretty straightforward analog delay, kind of like the AD9 but a little fuller sounding. I also like it because I can change the setting with my foot when I'm playing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by driverhasabomb

View Post

I like it when people tape their settings to pedals with less than 4 knobs.

I am okay with this. Sometimes, I want to tweak, and a lot of pedal only have 2/3 knobs, so it's easy to forget sometimes where that sweet spot was.

Also, I like wasting tape.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fddustin

View Post

Hi

I have a question and a problem. When all you guy hookup ten or more effects pedals do you loose volume and tone? I loose volume and tone. Any sugestions what to do or should I loose some of the pedals.

I don't lose volume but I do lose tone. The only way you can fully avoid it is to not use pedals at all. There is no way to retain your original tone without going from cable to amplifier and having nothing in the loop or anything like that. It's just physically impossible. You can only help correct it until you're happy again.

However, you could invest in really high quality and low impedance patch cables like the Lava ELC cables. They're not cheap but should be worth it. You could also make sure that you're not using cables longer than necessary. Keep them as short as you possibly can, and make sure they're very high quality.

Then you could invest in a dedicated buffer - or two. You could go the cheap route and buy something like a This1sMyne Mini Buffer. You could put one at the end and at the start of the chain. That will help restore high-end loss, as it changes the resistance back to low impedance which is where 'good tone' is.

The final thing to do would be to invest in really high quality buffers, such as the Fryette Valvulator, a dedicated valve buffer. It's a really useful device, but still may not be enough.

The last piece of gear that will surely help restore dynamics, tone and volume, is a new product from TheGigRig, the Z Cable. It's a very clever contraption that doesn't just change your impedance back to low impedance but actually controls it dynamically, amongst other things. Read up abut it on their website or on other forums - just search it in Google.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fddustin

View Post

Hi

I have a question and a problem. When all you guy hookup ten or more effects pedals do you loose volume and tone? I loose volume and tone. Any sugestions what to do or should I loose some of the pedals.

Use fewer pedals or get a buffer. Sometimes specific pedals are worse than others, and you can put them into separate effect loops.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

Heya Udi wave.gif

I really like it man... I run the dist side into the clean boost side... It's the first OD pedal I've ever had that covered both pickups equally well. Does a really nice ripping/tight fusion distortion thang when they are both on.

Hey man wave.gif

Sounds cool. I always wanted to try one and compare it to my Marshall Bluesbreaker cool.gif

• Members

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

Been a constant lurker for a very long time, so I guess it's time to finally sign up and contribute. A lot of you seem to be bored at work and write all day, so why not me as well. Introducing myself with my boards:

Main board:

IMG_7723.jpg

Mainly home board:

IMG_8249.jpg

Stuff that was on the shelf board:

IMG_8256.jpg

wave.gif

Archived