House Break In

facefirst

• Members

If you actually use your brain a little bit, even though it might hurt, there are some ways to deal with home robbery OTHER than running down the stairs with two AK's blaring hoping to hit someone

But of course you can just start shooting because you watch movies and think its cool and {censored}.

tumblr_lrdkh47dLK1qbqaln.gif

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And again mthat was onyl if he couldn't have a working gun in his house due to wife/kids. I fully advocate gun ownership. Being a Marine I own several myself, because......

This is the part I have a problem with. As you are seeing in this thread, just talking about having a firearm emboldens most people. It is the same in real life, especially with a criminal element involved. Simply knowing you are armed, gives them plenty of reason in their own minds to start firing then look for a way out.

They realize they have made a lot of noise and want to leave to avoid being caught. But in making that noise firing at you or what they think may be you, they just might hit you or a loved one.

• Members

If you actually use your brain a little bit, even though it might hurt, there are some ways to deal with home robbery OTHER than running down the stairs with two AK's blaring hoping to hit someone.

If you are going to own weapons for home defence, then you should also train on how to use your weapon, and how to handle a breakin. There is so much to it, it is a full art with its own set of tactics. My thinking would go along these lines here:

Situation: You hear someone in your house, and you confirm that it is a robber, they don't know you are there.

1. Get everyone in the same room together and gather your weapons.

2. Call 911, or have someone else call quitely while you prepare your weapon(s). Give location, reason for call, and what you are about to do - then leave the line open. Make sure they are sending someone before moving.

3. Investigate the intruders through sound, and then move to a part of the house where they can gain no tactical advantage over you.

4. Move onto the intruders with your weapon ready using walls as cover in case of armed intruders.

5. When you have a visual, examine if they are armed. If they look like they don't have any weapons then you can move in on them.

6. If there are only two, you can take one down before the other even has time to react, so you can go. Use your judgement, if you can take them or if you are outnumbered, you might have to take a defensive position with cover. Wait to see if they are leaving or if they will be there for a while. Its always better to wait for authorities. You can act as backup so the robbers cannot leave. If it seems like they are done and leaving, then #7

7. Move in on them. If you are confident you can take them with your weapon, then use your voice loud and clear. "Hands up, down on your knees" while pointing your weapon. At this point you can make them wait until the cops arrive, or shoot if they move. This is a tricky {censored}ing situation, and #6 is much preffered. If any of them reach for something at this point you can shoot. If they start running, at least you have a description. Always keep sight of all intruders at all time to see if one is still a threat.

8. If police arrive before you face them, then you let the cops do what they do. Your only job at this point is to prevent harm to you or youf family, so stay behind good cover ready to shoot. If police enter, let them know of your presence and that you are the owner of the house, and where your family is. They will deal with you then.

In the end, not only would you have all your {censored}, your family is safe, you are safe, and there are much greater chances of the police apprehending the thieves. Now you are a local hero and people can't beleive your set of balls.

But of course you can just start shooting because you watch movies and think its cool and {censored}.

Holy jumpin Jebus.........why do you quote me, and then make up all kinds of bizzare ramblings & situations about things I never even came close to saying ?????????? Perhepas you should read, interpet, then comment on only what was actually written.

Training.................Did you miss the post where I said I am a United States Marine ??? Nobody trains more or harder than we do.

Perhepas you should read, interpet, then comment on only what was actually written

• Members

Shotguns are horrible HD guns. Get a Glock and mount a light on it.

I disagree...I am a horrible shot and I doubt I could hit something with a glock while my hands are shaking horribly from all the adrenaline. A shotty on the other hand..I don't really see how you could miss unless your either a {censored} or a woman.

• Members

Holy jumpin Jebus.........why do you quote me, and then make up all kinds of bizzare ramblings & situations about things I never even came close to saying ?????????? Perhepas you should read, interpet, then comment on only what was actually written.

Training.................Did you miss the post where I said I am a United States Marine ??? Nobody trains more or harder than we do.

Perhepas you should read, interpet, then comment on only what was actually written

DoubleBarrel,

It is clear by Diaz's post that he simply has no clue what he is talking about. I would just let it go man.

• Members

Simply knowing you are armed, gives them plenty of reason in their own minds to start firing then look for a way out.

I couldn't dissagree with you more about this.

First off most "home invasions" are not committed by armed criminals. Second, unless they came there to kill you specifically, they are gonna flee rather than fight. Third, gunshots bring the police which is the last thing the criminals want.

• Members

Thank you for your service, I highly respect any man who will serve time for their country, especially an infantry type like the USMC.

My quote was not really directed at you, but simply defending what I was saying previously, talking about other people's comments. I see how this got confusing :lol:

Yes, I did ramble, and I didn't have much time to review what I said so it just came out like that...

• Members

I disagree...I am a horrible shot and I doubt I could hit something with a glock while my hands are shaking horribly from all the adrenaline. A shotty on the other hand..I don't really see how you could miss unless your either a {censored} or a woman.

One thing you have to remember is, a shotgun in a confined space as has been said before, the shot dispersion isn't that great at close ranges.

• Members

I have a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot underneath my bed. If someone broke into my house I would shoot them no question. I live in Arizona, we don't {censored} around either just like Texas.

Here is a story to support defending your home:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/connecticut_doctor_whose_family_eWPz3N9foeiSbXiWwlizKJ

• Members

you and diaz OBVIOUSLY have never been a victim of robbery/home invasion.

i have, and {censored} just don't go down like that. animal instinct takes over and it's kill or be killed.

I can appreciate that. No, never had a breakin. And I understand that the way you respond might be totally different than what you think you would do, fight or flight and training are huge factors on how you will react. But my only argument is that you shouldn't want to kill someone without any kind of thinking involved, just taking a life without confirming a threat to your own. Of course the situation itself can throw any of that in the blender.

• Members

you and diaz OBVIOUSLY have never been a victim of robbery/home invasion.

i have, and {censored} just don't go down like that. animal instinct takes over and it's kill or be killed.

Actually, I found a Russian man in my bedroom once. I don't know how he got there but I firmly told him he was be leaving and he did.

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

• Members

Who said a shotgun is a horrible home defensive weapon? You are an absolute moron considering a short barrel 12 gauge pump action shotgun is the BEST home defense weapon.

When someone breaks into your house, and hears a shotgun being racked........ 9/10 they will run.

• Members
Thank you for your service, I highly respect any man who will serve time for their country, especially an infantry type like the USMC.

My quote was not really directed at you, but simply defending what I was saying previously, talking about other people's comments. I see how this got confusing
:lol:

Yes, I did ramble, and I didn't have much time to review what I said so it just came out like that...

That's cool & I appreciate the thanks.

no worries

• Members

sorry to hear about your break in but {censored} guns, get a dog. a mastiff will roll on his back like a big baby for anyone you welcome into the house but your little mexican buddies would have been going to the hospital or morgue instead of getting away.

2352168800057144850S425x425Q85.jpg

I have a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff).

• Members

Who said a shotgun is a horrible home defensive weapon? You are an absolute moron considering a short barrel 12 gauge pump action shotgun is the BEST home defense weapon.

When someone breaks into your house, and hears a shotgun being racked........ 9/10 they will run.

Oh {censored} :lol:

I think there was an entire thread about this that probably went 20 pages arguing about the pump action "ka-chink" sound wouldn't do {censored}..

• Members

c'mere you piece of meat. I want to rub on you.

• Members
come to Florida
:)
Here you can gun 'em down in the yard. Seriously.

Bw, if you have kids/anti-gun wife, her is what I reccomend. Get the cheapest pump shotgun you can find & remove the firing pin. This way it won't be able to fire (kids safety) but you will still have the "click clack" noise that scares the hell out of thieves & push come to shove, it also works great as a club.

mojo sent & get the hell out of Cleveland

What happens when the burglar pulls out a piece and tests you?

• Members

that's when you tell your wife that you lied about pulling the firing pin out to keep her happy, and blast the {censored} out of the intruder.

this.

gimping a gun is the stupidest idea i have ever heard in my life. might as well just get a squirt gun, you {censored}.

{censored} a bb gun would do you better in that situation.

Archived