House Break In

facefirst

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only read to page 3 so forgive me if you answered this Facefirst. Where in CLE do you live?

I am out in Bay Village now and feel like I could leave my door open with a sign advertising that no one is home. Within the first 10 minutes I would bet that a passer by would shut my door, call the police, and wait for them to show up just to make sure that nothing happened.

• Members

It's a standard criminal tactic in canvassing the area knocking on doors , looking for elderly and other potential targets . Chances are they are out in the neighborhood again today . OP needs to call the cops and good chance they will pickup 2 cholos in the near future .

I called the cops. Investigator said they could pull prints off the window. These {censored}ing assholes are probably out doing it today. I hope they run across the wrong house and pay with their worthless lives.

• Members

I called the cops. Investigator said they could pull prints off the window. These {censored}ing assholes are probably out doing it today. I hope they run across the wrong house and pay with their worthless lives.

Excellent , if their prints are on file they'll be hauled in soon .

• Members

This.

OP, Ohio has NOT adopted the Castle Doctrine, so, if you want to fire a gun at someone, you better be prepared for the legal {censored} that comes after it. This is the one thing that all you 'hotshots' miss when you tell someone to be Rambo.

You already said it in your OP, move out of Cleveland.

In OH if someone is in your house and they come at you or you feel in danger, you can fire upon them. Now if they're outside the house running, I'm SOL and have to let them go. Same thing if they're stealing my car or something. Had I had a gun yesterday (BTW I now have a .357 loaded with hollow points in the bedroom) he would be dead. He came in the window, I had a clear shot at him and I would have said he was coming at me, because honestly at the time I had no idea if he would or wouldn't. Again, I wouldn't have lost a wink of sleep over one less criminal on earth.

But yeah, I'm done with Cleveland.

• Members

Excellent , if their prints are on file they'll be hauled in soon .

Not likely. Ever tried to locate Jose Rodriguez-Gonzalez, date of birth not on file, and if there IS a social security number, it's stolen? I have. Even if they have an arrest record, which these guys probably do, locating them is next to impossible. All they can do is patrol the area and react to any reports.

• Members
Oh {censored}
:lol:

I think there was an entire thread about this that probably went 20 pages arguing about the pump action "ka-chink" sound wouldn't do {censored}..

If I were in someone's home and I heard a shotgun racked, I would either run or fall to the ground and beg for my life. However, if I had a handgun on me and I heard a shotgun racked, I would still run or fall down and beg.

I don't think I would make a very good criminal.

• Members

maybe in Virginia, but in Texas you can call the cops, have them on the line telling you not to shoot, and STILL shoot/kill the fleeing robbers without getting charged. True story, and was all over the news. The recorded 911 call is all over the internet and you can listen yourself.

Geoff - very sorry to hear what happened, sir. Hope you get out of Cleveland soon, and in the mean time stay safe.

Thanks man. Hey, I'm alive, have all my stuff and the guy only just got in the window when I went after him. Still, that's enough of this town for me. Sure, crime is everywhere to some degree, but moving to Rocky River, which is a very nice suburb, will at least lessen my chances of this happening again.

• Members

I disagree...I am a horrible shot and I doubt I could hit something with a glock while my hands are shaking horribly from all the adrenaline. A shotty on the other hand..I don't really see how you could miss unless your either a {censored} or a woman.

Full spread from a shotgun is only going to be a few INCHES at 10' or more.

I'd rather use my Beretta...15+ rounds that I can get off in quick succession.

On that note - thread fail points:

Shotgun if you want to intimidate them out of your house - thing is, once you make a noise like that, THEY know their lives are absolutely in danger, and can fight or flight just as easily - and now they know where you are. DO NOT rack a shotgun with the intent to scare them off - rack the shotgun with the intent that your next move is with a barrel pointed at them, safety is off, and your finger is on the trigger, ready to squeeze and KILL them. Not hurt, not mame...KILL...DEATH...time for new carpet...

By contrast, I can take cover behind a wall corner, and pop off a number of rounds and not make a noise until then.

• Members

That's a pretty morbid thing to say. If the guy came into your house after your warning and attempted to subdue or harm you, then of course that is time to empty the clips. But if the guy runs off, dont {censored}ing kill him, that's just a very stupid thing to do. It would say alot about how much of a douchebag you are. Come on, your pride is NOT worth the life of anyone.

It has NOTHING to do with pride and more to do with me feeling like I was in danger. I'm so far from a douchebag. It's not like I walk around talking tough all day about shooting intruders. That said, if someone wants to come into my home, which is supposed to be where I feel the most safe, with intentions to do god knows what, then they take the gamble that it might be the last home they break into.

• Members

Sure, if someone comes in with a gun and presents potential for harm to you or anybody in your family, then its time to shoot.

But if the robbers are obviously not going to do anything to you, then there is no point in shooting. Get descriptions and talk to neighbors for witnesses etc...

To say you will kill anyone who enters your house without asking any question simply makes you a dumb {censored}, like you can't even think on your own. Just point and shoot. WTF..

The fact is that I didn't know these guys and I also had no idea what they did or didn't intend to do. I also know that I'm not going to ask them.

• Members

if someone forces their way into a locked house, they obviously have malicious intent.

say you let them go, then they rob your neighbor the next night, only the neighbor ends up not being so lucky and the intruder kills them.

in my opinion their blood is on your {censored} hands as well.

• Members

Dude, I totally always do that when I'm playing Counter Strike. It can't be that hard to duplicate that in real life, right?
:o

I also think that it is wise to quickly switch between a knife and my handgun if I suspect there is an intruder. Makes me look 1337 to peeps.

• Members

Good for you.

Get a good automatic with at least 9 or more rounds in the magazine.

No homeowner should be unarmed if he has family living with him. If you live alone then you are only risking your own life (which I would do anyway), but with a wife or kids I believe it is the man's duty to protect his home.

Go to a range....read everything you can about gun ownership and gun handling (don't forget maintenance, most failure to fire is due to an unclean gun). Keep your finger off the trigger until and unless you are ready to shoot. Do not shoot to wound, that is needless heroics but can get you killed. No, shoot for center mass, that is a 12" radius with the center being basically just between the ribs and a few inches below the throat.

Good luck, I do not think these guys will return, but you are right on time with your attitude about getting a gun. Get an auto because they hold more rounds, and a handgun is superior to a rifle in a close setting such as inside a home. Bad guys can take a rifle from you, but it is a loot more difficult to try and wrest a handgun from your hand.

I currently have a .357 that I'm borrowing from my dad. We went to the range today. I like firing his .44 Glock better and found that my aim was better with it. I'm thinking that's what I'll end up purchasing.

• Members

Sucks. Get out. I left my garage door up accidentally over night last week and i left my front door unlocked all day today with a yard crew and a roofer here and no troubles. The burbs bro....the burbs.

I played in Parma last week and some guy got 2 fender basses stolen the week before so I was a little nervous. Thieves should all be shot.

• Members

I also think that it is wise to quickly switch between a knife and my handgun if I suspect there is an intruder. Makes me look 1337 to peeps.

Well not only that, but it makes me move so much faster that when I'm AWP'ng.

"If a perp tryin' to git at you, AWP 'em like it's hawt, AWP 'em like it's hawt"

Archived