House Break In

facefirst

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This sounds horrible but they all look alike to me. One had a grey sweatshirt, short hair, mustache, baggy pants. The other had the same look but with a white tee. I mean that description narrows it down to every 20 year old cholo in the area.
:facepalm:
So yeah, it sucks but they got away. At least they didn't get away with harming me or my girl or stealing our stuff or who knows what else.

you say that now but you may be surprised you actually do if / when you see him again .

• Members

Full spread from a shotgun is only going to be a few INCHES at 10' or more.

I'd rather use my Beretta...15+ rounds that I can get off in quick succession.

On that note - thread fail points:

Shotgun if you want to intimidate them out of your house - thing is, once you make a noise like that, THEY know their lives are absolutely in danger, and can fight or flight just as easily - and now they know where you are. DO NOT rack a shotgun with the intent to scare them off - rack the shotgun with the intent that your next move is with a barrel pointed at them, safety is off, and your finger is on the trigger, ready to squeeze and KILL them. Not hurt, not mame...KILL...DEATH...time for new carpet...

By contrast, I can take cover behind a wall corner, and pop off a number of rounds and not make a noise until then.

Thanks to Riffy, Mr. Brady and Jenks for not being dumbasses ready to let some intruder prick become their god. Concept is very simple. I don't think anyone here wants to kill another person but I'll be damned if I'm going to just lay down and hope for the best. Also for realizing that by "scaring" the intruder you've just escalated the situation exponentially where you have a 50/50 chance of being mowed down. Take cover, observe, mow down if necessary. /thread

• Members
Regardless, I'm done with living in Cleveland. I'm moving out to a nice quiet suburb. I hate to say this but living in Cleveland has definitely made me a bit on the racist side.

I know, CSB/A2M/GAPE/MURDER/SUICIDE/TL;DR
:p

if you move, excellent choice. as far as a home defense weapon ... forget anything that is a CCW like a pistol. my pistols are for fighting my way to my AR/AK/shotguns. i suggest a nice short barrel pump like an 870 in 12 gauge - load with #2 buck, then #4 shot, then 00 buck. that way, you will never miss and finish off anyone wearing armor even. short barrel. since you are not hunting - high capacity is good. 7 should be enough to hold off the zombie hoard.

i love the move idea. live in a safe place dude. good luck.

• Members

Your friend murdered a guy. He's lucky he only got 2 years. When a guy is running away across your front lawn and you kill him it's no longer about self defense and all about revenge.

the guy didnt die, im sorry i didnt clarify that. The guy lived.

• Members

if you move, excellent choice. as far as a home defense weapon ... forget anything that is a CCW like a pistol. my pistols are for fighting my way to my AR/AK/shotguns. i suggest a nice short barrel pump like an 870 in 12 gauge - load with #2 buck, then #4 shot, then 00 buck. that way, you will never miss and finish off anyone wearing armor even. short barrel. since you are not hunting - high capacity is good. 7 should be enough to hold off the zombie hoard.

i love the move idea. live in a safe place dude. good luck.

I'm thinking I'll get an RPG. Only thing is I don't want to have to rebuild the house after using it. It truly is a conundrum.

• Members

btw i dont get some of you. If somebody breaks into my home especially with my daughter at home with me, I am aiming to end their lives because I will automatically assume they are there to end mine and my kids lives and hurt us. I cannot be held responsible for what I do to somebody who i deem a thread to my child, i would have assumed EVERYBODY felt the same way. Im totally shocked reading some of these posts.

• Members

the guy didnt die, im sorry i didnt clarify that. The guy lived.

I have been advised by law enforcement friends to kill the intruder and not wound for this very reason. It's a lot harder for them to somehow {censored} you over in court if you're the only one alive and with a lawyer. :idea:

• Members

A few years ago some weirdo punk was knocking on my door at 5:30am Sunday morning. He was standing off to the side, sort of poised to do something when I opened it. I opened the window instead and caught him off guard. He asked me some stupid question about finding the next town down the road, and then disappeared. I went outside with my 12 double, and never saw him. Cops looked all over for him. This happened about a year after two punk kids broke into some Dartmouth College professor's house one night, cut him up and robbed him. I don't take chances.

• Members

btw i dont get some of you. If somebody breaks into my home especially with my daughter at home with me, I am aiming to end their lives because I will automatically assume they are there to end mine and my kids lives and hurt us. I cannot be held responsible for what I do to somebody who i deem a thread to my child, i would have assumed EVERYBODY felt the same way. Im totally shocked reading some of these posts.

{censored}ing criminal apologists.

• Members

Agreed. I don't know how you can ever be sure of their intentions until you see them come to light. By the time you KNOW their intentions it's too late. Its the same as waiting to see if they out arm you. By the time you realize they are in fact lethally armed it might be because they just did or tried to use it on you. That's EXACTLY why the Castle Doctrine came about. Too many people dying or getting injured because fear of legal repercussion was on the mind instead of defending one's self.

Tied up people that are NO threat have been killed. People that have seen intruder's faces have been killed. People that have startled intruders have been killed. Women that pose no threat against multiple intruders have been killed. Just as some of you accuse people of being Rambo etc I return to you that you are overly naive. If we can be accused of playing things out in our head then obviously you can too. The only difference I think is that the people willing to shoot are aware of the possibilities. The rest of you seem to think you'll just hide out in a room with a phone and the cops will save you, that the intruder will run, or that they won't hurt you because they'll just grab your iPod and run. That'd be awesome if it went down like that but in the event it doesn't you and/or your family could now all be dead. All because of some weird sense of security and/or ideals regarding the welfare of people that clearly have no regard for yours.

So for this I don't understand some of you. You have one life that's fairly easy to take away and many people in this world that won't hesitate to do so. We all get comfy and feel safe because it doesn't happen to US, it happens to someone else. Someone is probably dying right now thanks to some lovely home invaders and until right now it hadn't happened to them either. Maybe if they had thought ahead they wouldn't have died right now.

• Members

this reminds me of one time in college i was going over to a friends place i hung out like all the time. one afternoon i just walked in, like i often did. he did the same at my place as long as the other knew we were coming over the other didnt mind. i walked in and he jumped out pointing his pistol at me. we laughed, etc. i stole his dvd player later that night.

• Members

Whenever I read threads like this, I always imagine the pro-gun users being just like Walter from The Big Lebowski
:lol:

Whenever I read threads like this, I always imagine the anti-gun ignoramuses who talk out of entirely out of their asses as being like a cross between this guy...

aging_hippie_liberal_douche.jpg

and this guy...

emodouche.jpg

:lol:

• Members

Who said a shotgun is a horrible home defensive weapon? You are an absolute moron considering a short barrel 12 gauge pump action shotgun is the BEST home defense weapon.

When someone breaks into your house, and hears a shotgun being racked........ 9/10 they will run.

You got any real world experience with FISH? If you have to google acronym I'm going to say no.

Shotguns are {censored}ty weapons in confined spaces. They have dismal ammo capacity, they're harder to maneuver than a pistol, they're really hard to reload under stress, they're horribly loud, and the recoil makes them fairly hard to follow up with should you miss.

Yes... I used to shoot for a living so I'm betting I've got a bit more experience than you do in such things.

Archived