House Break In

facefirst

• Members
Thats how they do it, in the middle of the day around here they ring your doorbell then kick-in your door.

100_0603.jpg

It's not just Cleveland, it's all over, get your self some Grizzly Bear OC 17% pepper spray and a gun, if you kill someone you may face charges, spray them first, then call the cops, use a gun as a last resort, but by all means protect yourself.

There have been 2 separate incident this week here where intruders breaking in have been shot & killed and now the shooters may face charges.

I bet that {censored} doesnt happen in Texas! :lol:

And i have always been curious about Bear Spray, does that stuff REALLY work??? or does it pop up in your own face

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally get how you feel and in theory it sounds like a great idea to shoot and kill the {censored}ers for breaking into your house but I don't know. Say you kill the dudes and don't get in trouble with the law, I'd still be worried about one of his family or friends trying to get revenge. I have my CCW and keep a S&W M&P40 loaded with hollow points but I think that wouold really have to be a last resort only if they trying to hurt me or my family.

If that situation arose, I'd be moving immediately.

• Members

So yesterday around 1 (I work from home) my doorbell rang. I didn't answer right away because I wasn't expecting anyone. When I came downstairs there was no one there. Didn't think too much of it because people tend to stop by trying to sell {censored}. So a few minutes later I hear a noise towards the back of the house, while I'm upstairs. At first I thought it might have been the cat. Then I hear more noise and it's obvious someone is in the house. I bolted downstairs to see two Hispanic {censored}s, one is climbing through the kitchen window and the other is still outside. I rushed the first one yelling "You're gonna die!!" and he bolts out the window. They both take off out the back of the yard and jump our fence with me chasing them with a hardcore kitchen knife.

Firstly, I'm getting a gun and CCW permit. Secondly, I should have gotten it six months ago when I first thought of doing it after my dad got his. Had I had a gun I would have put bullets in that {censored} before he even saw me and I wouldn't have felt bad about it for a minute.

Regardless, I'm done with living in Cleveland. I'm moving out to a nice quiet suburb. I hate to say this but living in Cleveland has definitely made me a bit on the racist side.

I know, CSB/A2M/GAPE/MURDER/SUICIDE/TL;DR
:p

You shouldn't need a permit to keep a gun in your house for home defense.

Check with your local fuzz.

• Members

You shouldn't need a permit to keep a gun in your house for home defense.

Check with your local fuzz.

Yeah, you don't need a permit in OH to have one, just to carry it concealed. I'm actually going to my dad's today to get his Glock to keep in the house until I buy one.

• Members

A good pump action shotgun is your best bet, wait until they're within ear shot and rack that {censored}er, then watch them scatter like cockroaches.

Or start firing in the direction of the obvious threat. People that think racking a shotgun is going to just make people turn and run are probably going to lose their face.

• Members

Before you shoot someone, put yourself in his situation first. I'm not justifying them in any way, and I would personaly would rather die of starvation than steal, but this is the way they grew up, this is what they were tought to do, their way of thinking is totally different than yours or mine. Personaly I would consider installing a burglar alarm, and pushing the neighborhood and the state to take measures for this {censored}, before resulting into getting a gun and killing someone. If burglars in your area carry guns though, I would consider moving than playing the game of bullets. I know that you shouldn't have to move, you have the right to live there and feel safe, and they don't have the right to be in your house, but if the bullets start flying, the game is lost, and it's better to lose the game than loose or ruin your life by dying or killing someone.

• Members

so you would have felt good about murder?

Come on Neil. Please don't start this here. It's not murder when you are protecting your safety.

To the OP...get a Mossberg 500A1. Load it with alternating #4 buckshot and slug rounds. Hit someone with that and there's going to be bits of them all over the place.

• Members
Before you shoot someone, put yourself in his situation first. I'm not justifying them in any way, and I would personaly would rather die of starvation than steal, but this is the way they grew up, this is what they were tought to do, their way of thinking is totally different than yours or mine. Personaly I would consider installing a burglar alarm, and pushing the neighborhood and the state to take measures for this {censored}, before resulting into getting a gun and killing someone. If burglars in your area carry guns though, I would consider moving than playing the game of bullets. I know that you shouldn't have to move, you have the right to live there and feel safe, and they don't have the right to be in your house, but if the bullets start flying, the game is lost, and it's better to lose the game than loose or ruin your life by dying or killing someone.

So your saying all lowlife scumbag theives are just hungry and misunderstood? :lol:

How about the concept of getting a education, job, work and better yourselve instead of breaking ingto someons private property? -- Hows that novel concept? Or even better a handout from our govt?

• Members

Before you shoot someone, put yourself in his situation first. I'm not justifying them in any way, and I would personaly would rather die of starvation than steal, but this is the way they grew up, this is what they were tought to do, their way of thinking is totally different than yours or mine.

I respect your way of thinking and I used to think this way myself. People are all products of their upbringing. The problem is that thinking like this removes all accountability. Serial murderers are the way they are because of things that happened to them when they were very young. Same with men who beat women. Same with anything you can think of. People are a product of their environment. Where does that leave us? No one is responsible for their actions now because mommy and daddy {censored}ed up? No. I bet if you ask those two guys who broke into the OP's house if they think it's wrong to break in and steal, they would know that it is. That's why they ran. They knew they weren't supposed to do what they were doing. They also know that each time they do it, they take their lives into their hands. I, for one, am not going to wait around and find out if they are evil enough to kill me. Someone breaks in to my place and they're either going to run the {censored} out or leave with a new breathing hole.

• Members

Or start firing in the direction of the obvious threat. People that think racking a shotgun is going to just make people turn and run are probably going to lose their face.

if they're stupid enough to hang around after that, they can enjoy a hand full of 00 buck in their ass.

• Members

I respect your way of thinking...

{censored} that. Good for him for having compassion and screw him for allowing excuses. It's like you said, everyone has an excuse for why they are the way there are. Not to mention a lot of them have no problem ending your life... over YOUR TV etc. Yes, this dude had a {censored}ty upbringing and is now a piece of {censored}. Maybe I should let him kill me.

• Members

I respect your way of thinking and I used to think this way myself. People are all products of their upbringing. The problem is that thinking like this removes all accountability. Serial murderers are the way they are because of things that happened to them when they were very young. Same with men who beat women. Same with anything you can think of. People are a product of their environment. Where does that leave us? No one is responsible for their actions now because mommy and daddy {censored}ed up? No. I bet if you ask those two guys who broke into the OP's house if they think it's wrong to break in and steal, they would know that it is. That's why they ran. They knew they weren't supposed to do what they were doing. They also know that each time they do it, they take their lives into their hands. I, for one, am not going to wait around and find out if they are evil enough to kill me. Someone breaks in to my place and they're either going to run the {censored} out or leave with a new breathing hole.

Not only that, but most people know right from wrong and still make the choice to do wrong. I look at my brother as an example, who is basically a criminal. My sister isnt like he is, but she never made any effort to really better herself. I saw how my mom had to live raising us on her own, decided that I didnt want to struggle financially my whole life, so I got the {censored} out, went to school, got a degree, blah blah. Point is, people have a choice. You are only a product of your upbringing to the extent that you let yourself be a product of that upbringing.

• Members

Really, racking a shotgun will make most people run, even if they are armed. That's some scary {censored}. One shot almost always kills with a shotgun, and it's hard to miss. Think about being on the other end of that. I wouldn't stick around.

• Members

if they're stupid enough to hang around after that, they can enjoy a hand full of 00 buck in their ass.

Or you can enjoy whatever they have blowing holes in your head. A gun is for shooting not for display and intimidation.

If someone broke into my house and I had a gun and heard someone rack a shotgun you better believe I'm going to start firing at them. Who in their right mind will turn around and run with a threat like that at your back? That's no other option type behavior.

• Members

Really, racking a shotgun will make most people run, even if they are armed. That's some scary {censored}. One shot almost always kills with a shotgun, and it's hard to miss. Think about being on the other end of that. I wouldn't stick around.

Then you're an idiot unless you can outrun a shotgun blast. No doubt it's scary but as I said in my other post you'd be stupid to turn your back on a shotgun if you have a weapon of your own.

• Members

I would call the police and let the neighborhood know as well. Also, the shotgun is the best home defense. I would load it with buck shot, but you could load it with a 6 or 7 bird shot if you want to maim. The caveat there is that if you blow their face off and they live, they will probably sue you and some dumb {censored} jury will award them $3 million. Also, unless you plan on spending many nights at the shooting range, pistols are pretty much {censored} for defense.

• Members

Then you're an idiot unless you can outrun a shotgun blast. No doubt it's scary but as I said in my other post you'd be stupid to turn your back on a shotgun if you have a weapon of your own.

God kid...you're such a douche. :facepalm:

BTW shooting someone in the back is murder regardless of whether they are armed. Someone is much less likely to shoot you if you're facing away from them.

Archived