House Break In

facefirst

• Members

Ha ha thanks! It just seems that when people hear that you'd protect yourself in your house with your gun they immediately assume you're just gonna monkey roll into the room dressed like Commando and start spraying the whole area with bullets. I mean, if the person runs then that's the end of the situation and I'd think the gun did it's job without even having to use it.
It's not like I'd WANT to kill a person
, but if it's a situation where I feel it's either him or me, it sure as {censored} isn't going to be me.
I also don't think I'd feel too bad about it.

And this sums up the basic conflict of these threads. Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok, got to page 8 then tldr....

some good points made on both sides, shouldnt have came to name calling, but alas, it is hcaf.

some points adressed:

racking a shotgun--

while this tactical debate will undoubtedly rage on for eternity, the professionals seem to go with mesa4x12er, and i tend to agree, depending on the circumstances. while, yes, the majority of the time an intruder will turn tail at the sound, you racking your weapon DOES give your position away and means either A) your weapon did not have a round chambered in the first place and therefore wasn't ready to fire already (a BIG no-no) or B) you just dumped a round on the floor. both are pretty silly if you bought the weapon to legitimately defend yourself.

if i were an ARMED intruder, i would not run blindly out, but would train my weapon toward the source while carefully backing out as best as possible. in your home, if you are in a position of cover or concealment, cycling the weapon may work just peachy. if you are caught in the open or make a tactical error and end up zigging when he zags down that odd hallway, and he trains his weapon on you, and yours is either not chambered or a round down and you get into the worst case scenario gunfight, you should want all tactical advantage.

a shotgun can be the perfect home defence weapon, but remember the 3/3/3 rule: most gunfights last under 3 secs, are within 3 feet, and are over at or before 3 rounds. depending on your layout, a shotgun or a pistol may be more appropriate, or you may choose both and employ them depending on where the intruder has entered your house.

the point was made about shot spreads. very true. shot does not spread more than say a fist width in close quarters. i would often prefer 19 rounds of maneuverable surpressive fire than 5 or 6 of unwieldly longgun, but agian, the situation may call for either. pistols do require a little bit more finesse, but a few trips to the range should have you pretty comfortable.

which reminds me, if you have a gun, use it. regularly. get fmailliar. you OR your wife should be able to swiftly and effectively ready and fire within seconds from its storage location. period.

check your local "castle" laws, stay smart. states are different, and it is pointless debaitng it. this {censored} wont hold up in court. (but...but...but....the night crew said ohio was ok!!!!)

im no pacifist, but remember, it IS just stuff. get insured. you will be reimbursed, usually moreso than you even paid. chances are they are not there to steal your priceless pre war martin your dad gave you.

so if you find yourself at the top of the stairs, retaining the element of surpise, perhaps in a prone position while a visibly armed intruder peruses your belongings, if your familly is behind you safe upstairs, train your weapon on him, but standby and begrudgingly watch him work. quietly alert 911 if you can, but dont take the chance if you cant. let him do his thing and leave and let the authorities do their job UNLESS you or your familly is in IMMEDIATE danger. if you have the drop on him, sternly verbally command his exit. sound stupid? did to me too, at first. but stern, loud, clear warnings and directions (i know its tempting to say "mother{censored}er", but try to stay official) are usually amuch better deterrant to a potentially volatile situation than the fear a shotgun-rack might induce in an armed intruder. be ready, though, and i mean READY-READY to fire if he brings his guns to bear. easier said, this is a tactical decision that requires fast thinking and good marksmanship under pressure. if you havent practiced, cant hit the broad side of a barn, or get flustered while trying ot put a CD in while driving, you might want to just stay silent and still with your weapon trained until the intruder departs.

be good peoplel, children. some of you are like 40+. keep the chest pounding out of advise that could save/end someones life.

and the dude that advised taking the firing pin out of the shotgun for safety
:freak:

this is full of fail & wrongness :facepalm:

• Members

Ha ha thanks! It just seems that when people hear that you'd protect yourself in your house with your gun they immediately assume you're just gonna monkey roll into the room dressed like Commando and start spraying the whole area with bullets. I mean, if the person runs then that's the end of the situation and I'd think the gun did it's job without even having to use it. It's not like I'd WANT to kill a person, but if it's a situation where I feel it's either him or me, it sure as {censored} isn't going to be me. I also don't think I'd feel too bad about it.

exactly. you have to be some kind of piece of {censored} to make your way into some random house and just take {censored} like it's yours.

i wouldn't feel too bad about making someone who means me harm in any way feel pain. (or death so his cocksucking ass can't sue me)

• Members

So yesterday around 1 (I work from home) my doorbell rang. I didn't answer right away because I wasn't expecting anyone. When I came downstairs there was no one there. Didn't think too much of it because people tend to stop by trying to sell {censored}. So a few minutes later I hear a noise towards the back of the house, while I'm upstairs. At first I thought it might have been the cat. Then I hear more noise and it's obvious someone is in the house. I bolted downstairs to see two Hispanic {censored}s, one is climbing through the kitchen window and the other is still outside. I rushed the first one yelling "You're gonna die!!" and he bolts out the window. They both take off out the back of the yard and jump our fence with me chasing them with a hardcore kitchen knife.

Firstly, I'm getting a gun and CCW permit. Secondly, I should have gotten it six months ago when I first thought of doing it after my dad got his. Had I had a gun I would have put bullets in that {censored} before he even saw me and I wouldn't have felt bad about it for a minute.

Regardless, I'm done with living in Cleveland. I'm moving out to a nice quiet suburb. I hate to say this but living in Cleveland has definitely made me a bit on the racist side.

I know, CSB/A2M/GAPE/MURDER/SUICIDE/TL;DR
:p

what's the outcome in the USA if you shoot them badguys...what's the law say if you kill 'em?

it's getting in this country you can waste them...a few cases have gone the good guys way

Archived