House Break In

facefirst

• Members

Dude, mesa 4x million, just stop. I'd kill any body that deserved it and I was in my right and i knew I had the advantage or because I was simply forced into killing another person. That's never been the question or argument.

It simply comes down to being smart. If the intruder is armed who's to say he's not a better or luckier shot than you? If I can scare or force someone out of my house without having to shoot them I will. I'm even in the process of installing a breaker into my bedroom that will kill all power to the house. I know my house better than any intruder and I'd rather fight a fight to my advantage. but avoiding a potentially fatal fight is my.objective. I have kids in my house. Who's to say a stay bullet doesn't hit one of them?

Seriously, {censored} guns and people who use them like they are toys. I own one because I'm not stupid and don't want to be caught in a situation where I don't have one and a thief does, but I hate everything about them otherwise. You are not A bigger man to pull a trigger. With that said, I'll kill without hesitance if my instincts tell me its the right thing to do.

But I've had grandparents and a father who fought in wars and have killed. It haunted my grandpa til his death. My father basically blocked it out. I'd honestly rather be the guy who didn't take some {censored}s life when I didn't have to, than be the guy reliving a murder I committed for the rest of my life.

And trust me, I feel almost no empathy towards another person in most situations. and even with that flaw. I've seen what the weight of killing a man has on an individual. I don't want it..

All.I'm getting at is, yes, I understand the bravado, but maybe think a little harder when you actually say you'd kill another person with no remorse. Maybe you would have no remorse and truly feel justified or maybe your life will be {censored}ed until you die.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, mesa 4x million, just stop. I'd kill any body that deserved it and I was in my right and i knew I had the advantage or because I was simply forced into killing another person. That's never been the question or argument.

It simply comes down to being smart. If the intruder is armed who's to say he's not a better or luckier shot than you? If I can scare or force someone out of my house without having to shoot them I will. I'm even in the process of installing a breaker into my bedroom that will kill all power to the house. I know my house better than any intruder and I'd rather fight a fight to my advantage. but avoiding a potentially fatal fight is my.objective. I have kids in my house. Who's to say a stay bullet doesn't hit one of them?

Seriously, {censored} guns and people who use them like they are toys. I own one because I'm not stupid and don't want to be caught in a situation where I don't have one and a thief does, but I hate everything about them otherwise. You are not A bigger man to pull a trigger. With that said, I'll kill without hesitance if my instincts tell me its the right thing to do.

But I've had grandparents and a father who fought in wars and have killed. It haunted my grandpa til his death. My father basically blocked it out. I'd honestly rather be the guy who didn't take some {censored}s life when I didn't have to, than be the guy reliving a murder I committed for the rest of my life.

And trust me, I feel almost no empathy towards another person in most situations. and even with that flaw. I've seen what the weight of killing a man has on an individual. I don't want it..

All.I'm getting at is, yes, I understand the bravado, but maybe think a little harder when you actually say you'd kill another person with no remorse. Maybe you would have no remorse and truly feel justified or maybe your life will be {censored}ed until you die.

You need to get off your high horse dude. You and this {censored}ing "bravado" {censored}. I've made extremely good points and except for the shotgun racking thing none of you on the other side have bothered to comment directly on any of them. I assume this to be because you don't actually have any means to debate them. You just come out with some {censored} about bravado or Rambo, Dirty Harry etc. Never addressing anything.

It's funny that you attack what I say only to basically say what I said in this post. No one has advised to just go guns blazing for no reason. No one is in here acting like they are {censored}ing Rambo. There is no doubt the effects taking a life has on a person are not good but neither is a bullet to the face. I have not mentioned remorse one way or the other either. Feeling bad you did it and not hesitating to do it are not related. I would dislike that it happened but I would still do it if needs be. See how that works? Anyway, you're clearly picking fights because you got butthurt along the way over the racking shotgun bull{censored}. Yes install a killswitch on your house so now your intruder can't even find their way out. Awesome strategy for a guy that just went on a rant about not interacting with the intruder. Now you get to watch them panic and eventually show them the way out. Dumbass.

• Members

You got any real world experience with FISH? If you have to google acronym I'm going to say no.

Shotguns are {censored}ty weapons in confined spaces. They have dismal ammo capacity, they're harder to maneuver than a pistol, they're really hard to reload under stress, they're horribly loud, and the recoil makes them fairly hard to follow up with should you miss.

Yes... I used to shoot for a living so I'm betting I've got a bit more experience than you do in such things.

While a shotgun isnt a great military weapon, it is fairly good for HD where you hopefully wont have to reload, manuever and clear rooms or need lots of rounds etc. They are very loud, although not as loud as say a short barreled 357 and do have loads of recoil though.

Personally i have a pistol for defence against the 2 legged and a shotgun loaded for bear literally(brenneke slugs) for my HD.

• Members

This sucks!

I'm usually not pro guns, but when hearing stuff like this I gotta agree with the right of bearing arms. If some {censored}tard tries breaking into your house it only seems fair to me that you should have the right to defend yourself, your family and your property even with a gun. If some asshole is breaking into my house and I beat the {censored} out of him with say a baseball bat I will end up in prison in this country..... justice :freak:

• Members

If you actually use your brain a little bit, even though it might hurt, there are some ways to deal with home robbery OTHER than running down the stairs with two AK's blaring hoping to hit someone.

If you are going to own weapons for home defence, then you should also train on how to use your weapon, and how to handle a breakin. There is so much to it, it is a full art with its own set of tactics. My thinking would go along these lines here:

Situation: You hear someone in your house, and you confirm that it is a robber, they don't know you are there.

1. Get everyone in the same room together and gather your weapons.

2. Call 911, or have someone else call quitely while you prepare your weapon(s). Give location, reason for call, and what you are about to do - then leave the line open. Make sure they are sending someone before moving.

3. Investigate the intruders through sound, and then move to a part of the house where they can gain no tactical advantage over you.

4. Move onto the intruders with your weapon ready using walls as cover in case of armed intruders.

5. When you have a visual, examine if they are armed. If they look like they don't have any weapons then you can move in on them.

6. If there are only two, you can take one down before the other even has time to react, so you can go. Use your judgement, if you can take them or if you are outnumbered, you might have to take a defensive position with cover. Wait to see if they are leaving or if they will be there for a while. Its always better to wait for authorities. You can act as backup so the robbers cannot leave. If it seems like they are done and leaving, then #7

7. Move in on them. If you are confident you can take them with your weapon, then use your voice loud and clear. "Hands up, down on your knees" while pointing your weapon. At this point you can make them wait until the cops arrive, or shoot if they move. This is a tricky {censored}ing situation, and #6 is much preffered. If any of them reach for something at this point you can shoot. If they start running, at least you have a description. Always keep sight of all intruders at all time to see if one is still a threat.

8. If police arrive before you face them, then you let the cops do what they do. Your only job at this point is to prevent harm to you or youf family, so stay behind good cover ready to shoot. If police enter, let them know of your presence and that you are the owner of the house, and where your family is. They will deal with you then.

In the end, not only would you have all your {censored}, your family is safe, you are safe, and there are much greater chances of the police apprehending the thieves. Now you are a local hero and people can't beleive your set of balls.

Makes sense to me ... and I like your emergency response plan - gotta have your thoughts together long before something like this goes down. Waiting for Neils pacifist response ...

• Members

See now the more residents arm themselves and band around the knowledge that they will use it, it goes from a scenario of thieves may be armed to thieves definitely will be armed. Which is more dangerous? Given that the thief has the advantage of intent, residents can only end up the worse off in that deal?

Anyway, one of our offices had a seemingly constant spate of burglaries. We eventually installed a few CCTV cameras and eventually caught the thieves on tape. Later the police would tell us that they were knowns but would not be arresting them as a prosecution would fail; in our haste to install the system, we neglected to put up signs to state that CCTV was in effect. We then decided that if we were not going to get any joy from the cops, we just printed out over 600 prints of their facesp with details of their crimes, equipment stolen and just hung them up around the town, local shops and after a while, hired two temps to go on a flying campaign of the local area. It made the local paper

My boss got hit was a public order and harassment charge if he didn't stop from the three goons that saw their faces on the posters. He agreed to stop as the damage was nicely done. One of them actually worked for a builder and he realised that he was bringing in stolen property.

I do sometimes understand the gun thing, but despite the UK police's desire to protect criminals at all costs, sometimes a nice simple backlash can be very effective. Nothing like a nice expose.

• Members

You need to get off your high horse dude. You and this {censored}ing "bravado" {censored}. I've made extremely good points and except for the shotgun racking thing none of you on the other side have bothered to comment directly on any of them. I assume this to be because you don't actually have any means to debate them. You just come out with some {censored} about bravado or Rambo, Dirty Harry etc. Never addressing anything.

It's funny that you attack what I say only to basically say what I said in this post. No one has advised to just go guns blazing for no reason. No one is in here acting like they are {censored}ing Rambo. There is no doubt the effects taking a life hihas on a person are not good but neither is a bullet to the face. I have not mentioned remorse one way or the other either. Feeling bad you did it and not hesitating to do it are not related. I would dislike that it happened but I would still do it if needs be. See how that works? Anyway, you're clearly picking fights because you got butthurt along the way over the racking shotgun bull{censored}. Yes install a killswitch on your house so now your intruder can't even find their way out. Awesome strategy for a guy that just went on a rant about not interacting with the intruder. Now you get to watch them panic and eventually show them the way out. Dumbass.

Yeah, you have never bothered to think a bit harder. I protect myself, end of story. I've made that clear. No high horse. You definitely come off as "Mr. I'll pop a cap in yo ass" type of guy. The shoot first, ask questions later guy. Makes for a good slogan, but also a dumb action to live by. Ill bet not one person in this thread has killed, or even less, shot at someone else. Save for maybe a forumite whos been in Iraq or Afghanistan. So the likelihood of you having to use lethal force is very slim. I'm just saying, don't be talking like you are some expert at home defense using your weapon to kill.

And the shotgun racking thing, I never brought up. You'd have to rack it to shoot anyway, might as well do it to see if they get scared of it as well..and if I wrack it in the dark, they won't really be able to discern my location, so might as well, eh?

Oh yeah,

Dumbass. Lol

• Members
Whenever I read threads like this, I always imagine the pro-gun users being just like Walter from The Big Lebowski
:lol:

He embodies most assholes on the webz, really. The character was practically written to embody all the fallacies most internet tough guys fall back on. Like this wonderful either/or thinking most guys around here fall into.

• Members

You got any real world experience with FISH? If you have to google acronym I'm going to say no.

Shotguns are {censored}ty weapons in confined spaces. They have dismal ammo capacity, they're harder to maneuver than a pistol, they're really hard to reload under stress, they're horribly loud, and the recoil makes them fairly hard to follow up with should you miss.

Yes... I used to shoot for a living so I'm betting I've got a bit more experience than you do in such things.

Listen up {censored}.

1.) I am a real man and recoil doesn't phase me.

2.) Who the {censored} cares if they are loud?

3.) My shotgun holds 8 rounds

4.) My shotgun has a short 20" barrel.

You would catch a straight ass whooping if you tried breaking in my house boy.

• Members

I always thought a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip would be decent enough for home defense, but I guess I may as well have a sharpened stick.

I recently obtained a stick from the northern AZ rim country and sharpened it into a dual purpose skull stabber / black magic wand. I named it Bonechiller.

You jelly?

• Members

one of the best things about living in the deep south is that the law is on my side if i shoot somebody breaking into my house.

The best part about the south is that the old N word still gets used a lot.

The folks I ran into in Atlanta greeted me with, "nice to meet you," on several occasions. Very refreshing to hear that politeness these days.

• Members

I don't like that.

I have recently been using the nickname Long Dong Silver.

I used to go by Probably Middle of the Pack or Perhaps Somewhat Shy of that Mark, Although I Haven't Compared it to Measurements in Urology Journals and I Can't Be Sure So Don't Quote Me on that Dong Silver.

That was too long of an introduction.

• Members

My father had a friend that would carry a hatchet around in a shoulder sling. To me, that is way more scarier than a dude with a knife or a gun. Because a {censored}er thats willing to hatchet you to death is far more insane than a gunman or a knifeman.

So he was a Hatchetman? Did he go to The Gathering?

• Members

Same thing happened to me when I was a teen.

My Dad just stood there with a baseball bat.

The old, non-English speaking intruder just sat there afraid and waited for the cops to show up.

Cops showed up and probably gave him a sandwich and sent him back across the border.

This was the second time he broke in, btw, so yeah, your friends will be back.

• Members

by killing criminals in the act. say this guy breaks into your house, robs you, and you let him go.

then the next day he rapes an old woman in your neighborhood.

how would you feel after allowing a rape to happen?

Naw, they're only interested in stealing property (human life is worth more) or so I've heard..apparently except the times they're not:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015895432_kalebu13m.html

Archived