VOM 25 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stackabones

• Members

This week kind picked up, hauled butt and didn't leave a forwarding address. I finally had some time yesterday to finish listening to all the submissions for this more. Great job by all of you. Thanks to all who listened and commented on my song as well

Tony

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second TS's motion. My interweb at home was dead for over a week--turned out it was the power supply for the Airport Extreme. Warning to all: Buy a decent surge suppressor. I am just lucky it didn't fry the Airport Extreme itself--mine was a $20 fix rather than a $200 fix. Although getting ONLY the power supply from Apple took over a week.

So have listened to all y'all sporadically at the office, and wow what a great batch. I think we may be getting more "diverse" as a group, in terms of not just playing style but also musical genres. I like that.

Many thanks to those who commented on my song for Missy. Next month hope to be able to respond in kind!

Also just found out I'll be in Rome, Italy all of June and July. Any Eye-talians among us?

• Members
I second TS's motion. My interweb at home was dead for over a week--turned out it was the power supply for the Airport Extreme. Warning to all: Buy a decent surge suppressor. I am just lucky it didn't fry the Airport Extreme itself--mine was a $20 fix rather than a $200 fix. Although getting ONLY the power supply from Apple took over a week.

So have listened to all y'all sporadically at the office, and wow what a great batch. I think we may be getting more "diverse" as a group, in terms of not just playing style but also musical genres. I like that.

Many thanks to those who commented on my song for Missy. Next month hope to be able to respond in kind!

Also just found out I'll be in Rome, Italy all of June and July. Any Eye-talians among us?

Heard it's a nice country, unfortunately never been

Your own Country is on my wish list..but tkes a lot of money for such
as u shall know.. Italians certainly make nice fish/chips for sure
though doubt u r going to italy for fish/chips :lol:

Sure someone has been to Italy on the forum
Anyhow enjoy when you go :)

• Members

. . . Also just found out I'll be in Rome, Italy all of June and July. Any Eye-talians among us?

Typical duke's mixture American. Wife grew up in Germany (Air Force brat) and got to see a lot of Europe. Daughter went to Italy on a school trip but I've never been outside North America and I refuse to call Winnipeg going to a "foreign country."

• Members

Nimzo2005 is from Italy.

Like DeepEnd, I've never been out of North America. And Ensenada and Nuevo Laredo aren't exactly "overseas" either.

• Members
Sicilian, father's side, but have never been to Eye-taly. Will be traveling to the Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany, area hopefully towards the end of summer with the family just for a look-see in the town where I was born (Landstuhl). Never been there either.

Never been to the town you were born in? :confused:

Joe, you are quite the enigma. BTW - there are LOTS of goats in Sicily. IIRC a mandolin is more appropriate to the local culture though. :rawk:

• Members

Man, I can never remember how to attach this stuff. Hope this works. I'm really looking forward to listening to everyone's stuff again.

Title: Can't Find My Way Home

Credits: Blind Faith

Played on a Gibby SJ-100, recorded into a spanking new Zoom H2. Recording on this thing is terrifically easy. I still cannot figure out how to do the simplest edits, though. Can't even manage to open an H2 file in GarageBand... I'm frickin' hopeless, folks.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1020866&songID=8699612

Awesome job man. :thu:

Nice playing and nice vocals too. :cool:

• Members
Sicilian, father's side, but have never been to Eye-taly. Will be traveling to the Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany, area hopefully towards the end of summer with the family just for a look-see in the town where I was born (Landstuhl).
Never been there either

:D:D 2 grins...you should go then...my grandfather is from Lucca Sicula Sicily...Ellis Island pass thru.....anyway I'm 1/2 eye-talian:) His name was Giuseppe...my middle name is Joseph(American for Giuseppe)...been thinking I should change it...then I could go by Teddy Giuseppe...kinda has a ring to it...

• Members
just curious: Is it the same folks who say "eye-talian" that mis-pronounce the middle eastern countries of eye-raq and eye-ran"?

and what's up widdat?

Dunno. Didja notice its mosley da wops demselves who tawk dat wayyy? My Aunt Irene's de excepshun do: she sez it like "It-lee" - buh den she don count cuz shez Hungariyun anz frum ahia. We tink she married up cuz she cuda wound up wit an Amish guyy or sumpun.

Sorry - my family settled in joisey for awhile. We used to go to the Jersey shore religiously every August right after labor day. These past coupla years my wife and I have been taking our kids to Wildwood. Dey luv the bowad wok. I sez ta my kidz awl duh tyme ta watch ou fo duh tramm cah pleez. :o

• Members
sometimes. And as to what's up widit? Laziness and/or illiteracy. :poke: Or just a cultural dialect/local accent. :shrugs:

Maybe. but the people I hear use that pronunciation seem also to be the least informed on what's going on there, and they are from all parts of the US; urban and rural, north & south.
Probably just a coincidence. :idk:

• Members

Or "Ellinoys." A big part of the local (St. Louis) dialect is to refer to "Highway Farty" or to eating "muskacholi" (mostaccioli).

And lets not forget the various ways to say:

New Orleeuhns

New Orleeens

Neworluhns

or just plain Nawluhns

• Members

I was going through the VOM archive and noticed that my entry was listed as an original. It's not, it's a piece for beginners I found on the internet called 2 to the night. I didn't know who wrote so I looked it up today and all I could find was a site selling a cd that said it was by La Fuertezza. I don't know if that's who wrote it or who performed it. Anyway, I don't want to take credit for something I didn't do.

• Members
I was going through the VOM archive and noticed that my entry was listed as an original. It's not, it's a piece for beginners I found on the internet called 2 to the night. I didn't know who wrote so I looked it up today and all I could find was a site selling a cd that said it was by La Fuertezza. I don't know if that's who wrote it or who performed it. Anyway, I don't want to take credit for something I didn't do.

Well, we'll still have to notify the authorities. :cop:

;)

I'll pass this on to Joe.

• Members

Copyright violater! :facepalm:

• Members
Fixed! What am I supposed to be, a mind reader?

Please, everyone remember to put title name AND credits in your submission post. In the absence of these, I sometimes have to take a guess and that is, at best, a 50/50 shot.

Sorry but here's another one: My entry for January is an original. You have it listed as "Traditional." Sorry, my first VOM1T and I thought I'd given you all the info you needed. Anyway, maybe in 100 years it'll be considered "Traditional." ;)

Archived