December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, my order with what is supposed to be an AFS75T is on its way with a delivery date of Monday. Ship weight is a little light for a Tremolo model at 7 lbs though...

I am betting I will end up with an AFS75 which I will have to return, but my fingers are crossed.

• Members

Well, my order with what is supposed to be an AFS75T is on its way with a delivery date of Monday. Ship weight is a little light for a Tremolo model at 7 lbs though...

I am betting I will end up with an AFS75 which I will have to return, but my fingers are crossed.

I suspect that MF cheats on their weights.

• Members

I wish you luck because the ones with the trems are pretty nice. Gots me two of 'em. Gonna swap pups an' make 'em e'un betterer.

• Members

This blows! The night before last, I check the tracking on my Gator case and stand that was due here 12-19 and see;

"Your package has experienced an exception."

And seems to be still stuck here;

KANSAS CITY,

KS, US 12/16/2008 8:00 P.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE

12/16/2008 7:48 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

12/16/2008 3:31 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

WTF?! Over a day now, this is all it shows me.

• Members

Some cheap toys here.....not claiming these are any good or anything, but the starter pack would be good for a kid just starting out as the amp alone normally sells for $60. Some have had fun with the iAxe series thanks to the built in USB. Great cheap Xmas presents for someone just looking to start....I'm sure each would play OK if given a setup by their guitar playing father/uncle/whathaveyou...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10714305
Musiciansfriend (and everywhere else) has the same at DOUBLE the price and should price match: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-USB-Guitar-iAXE393?sku=512882

And for the cheap starter setup:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10714189 ....Its $150 on amazon

• Members

This blows! The night before last, I check the tracking on my Gator case and stand that was due here 12-19 and see;

"Your package has experienced an exception."

And seems to be still stuck here;

KANSAS CITY,

KS, US 12/16/2008 8:00 P.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE

12/16/2008 7:48 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

12/16/2008 3:31 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

WTF?! Over a day now, this is all it shows me.

Tis the holiday season, and also bad weather is playing a part in delays. Stuff happens, unfortunately...

• Members

Return!? Why Return? You have an invoice that says they owe you an AFS75T. If they send you the "wrong" guitar, insist on an EXCHANGE! :thu:

• Members
Return!? Why Return? You have an invoice that says they owe you an AFS75T. If they send you the "wrong" guitar, insist on an EXCHANGE!
:thu:

I've had a similar issue with MF before. Here's how it went down: CSR says "yes, it appears you got the wrong guitar. Please return and as soon as we receive it we'll ship the right one." I ship it back. Nothing ever ships. I finally call, the CSR looks into it (this requires multiple calls) and finally gets word from the warehouse that there's a problem with the sku/description, the guitar that matches the description is out of stock. I show them were it's available on the website and he says that the SKU doesn't match and they can't ship that one. Back and forth back and forth...and nothing to show for it in the end...

So maybe you'll have better luck. But maybe not.

• Members

Here's a late 70s/early 80s Yamaha strat clone. Super Rn'Roller. Someone please buy this so I don't.
:facepalm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330294767104

I want it so bad . . . . it's vintage. It's got lacquer sink! It's beautiful.

Okay, NEW STRATEGY! Nobody bid on it! Let's let him list it a few more times, and when the opening bid or BIN hits $150. Then, I buy it. Even if he doesn't lower the price, after 4 or 5 more times, his listing fees will have cost him the difference in price! I'll send him an email and he won't be able to resist my devastating logic!

Sound good?

Yes?

Okay then.

• Members
Return!? Why Return? You have an invoice that says they owe you an AFS75T. If they send you the "wrong" guitar, insist on an EXCHANGE!
:thu:

Good point- If it indeed comes to that, I will have to take everything into consideration, including how my transaction with their Customer Service goes.

• Members
Okay, NEW STRATEGY! Nobody bid on it! Let's let him list it a few more times, and when the opening bid or BIN hits $150. Then, I buy it. Even if he doesn't lower the price, after 4 or 5 more times, his listing fees will have cost him the difference in price! I'll send him an email and he won't be able to resist my devastating logic!

Sound good?

Yes?

Okay then.

I'd love to grab that Yamaha - but times are a little tight, and I'm curbing my spending habits (as much as I realistically can! hahaha) - otherwise, I'd be all over it! :thu:

• Members
Since I have a little guy on the way in a few months, I figure it's never too early to start buying him guitars, right?!
:D

Ok, it might be about 5-6 years before he's old enough to play it - I'll just keep it safe till then...
;)

Most definitely! My boy is coming up on 2 years old and he has a few guitars waiting for him already. Not to pressure him, but he seems to enjoy his toy guitars more than the other toys.. Is that a sign?? :facepalm:

• Members

More an FYI than a Hot Deal, maybe, but I was using Cashback search to look for non-eBay guitar offerings, and I came across these things, which might be fun gifts (not all the prices in the screenshots reflect the cashback discount).

They have these in a variety of colors:

ishot10.jpg

ishot9-1.jpg

ishot8-1.jpg

ishot11.jpg

• Members

Good point- If it indeed comes to that, I will have to take everything into consideration, including how my transaction with their Customer Service goes.

Tell them to cross ship it, or you'll charge back your credit card, and they can just send someone around to pick up their guitar.

But let's not count chickens here. Mine is pretty light. It is a hollowbody.

• Members
More an FYI than a Hot Deal, maybe, but I was using Cashback search to look for non-eBay guitar offerings, and I came across these things, which might be fun gifts (not all the prices in the screenshots reflect the cashback discount).

They have these in a variety of colors:

ishot10.jpg

I can't decide whether I "hate" or "must have" it. The black and pink one would actually probably go well with a lot of my outfits. :facepalm:

• Members

I can't decide whether I "hate" or "must have" it. The black and pink one would actually probably go well with a lot of my outfits.
:facepalm:

Yeah, I know. It's like that Spinal Tap line about there being a thin line between clever and stupid. I think the main thing is attitude. If you project the right attitude, the purse will look cool. And Golias, I think you're all about attitude. To wit:

HCEG.gif

• Members

I'm not getting it. What's the advantage of exchange vs return?

Presumably, the exchange would be one "wrong" non-tremolo guitar for the one with tremolo (which is the model number listed - although the picture indicates a no whammy bar model)..

Archived