December Great Deals Thread!! *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To anyone who got the Gator case with the free stand: was the stand in the same box with the case. My case arrived tonite with no stand, and I ordered loooong before they removed the free stand and it shows the stand in my order confirmation.

I did 2 different orders - today 1 case and 2 stands showed up, each in it's own box. (I got some other stuff from UPS today as well, so I got home to a STACK of boxes outside my front door! hahaha)

I'm expecting the other case to show up tomorrow. (I guess.)

• Members

Hmm, then maybe they just got separated. My delivery had an "Exception" in Kansas, it was supposed to be delivered today, then after the "exception", it was supposed to be Monday, but then it showed up today. Guess I'll give it until Monday to see if it shows and then call MF if it doesn't.

• Members

• Members

I got my Ibanez in as well, with NO tremolo.

It's weird, because the invoice and box both read "ASF75-T", but the label in the guitar reads "ASF-75-TBL", which I can't find any info about online (I would assume the "BL" stands for "blue", but the "T"?

Aside from the confusion though, the one I got is absolutely gorgeous, and is set up and plays like a dream. I have no intention on sending it back for an exchange or anything (I already have a Bigsby on my Tele, so I'm not really missing it on the Ibanez), and it's hands down the best guitar I've laid hands on for $199, and really sounds and feels like it's worth much much more IMHO.

I'm still curious to see what MF will tell say and do for you though, so please keep us posted :thu:

• Members

Sorry for the delayed response...

I spoke to MF Customer Service. I explained the error and I am sending this one back and they are "supposed" to relay the issue to the warehouse and make sure the replacement I get is has a tremolo. I know, I am dreaming, but we will see.

They seemed to think it was an issue with placement in the warehouse, but I think the issue is on the Ibanez side as I have the same "mismatched" labels. I guess it is possible that they changed the naming convention on the Ibanez side ("T" for "trapeze" instad of "tremolo"), but that would be utterly stupid with the current model still on sale.

As to how I like it, I did not even remove it from the box, although the color is nice. I already have an AFS75T in red and LOVE it... I was buying this for a church friend who tried to talk me into selling mine to her last week.

If the new one I get is wrong, then I am going to give up and just return (unless my friend will settle for one without the trem- have not asked her), but I figured it was worth giving it a try.

For $25 more you can get the right one here:

Ummm, try $160 more for the BIN... actually $180 after the THNX coupon.

• Members

It's weird, because the invoice and box both read "ASF75-T", but the label in the guitar reads "ASF-75-TBL", which I can't find any info about online (I would assume the "BL" stands for "blue", but the "T"?

That "T" stands for "Transparent"- that could be a source of the confusion, too.

• Members
Sorry for the delayed response...

I spoke to MF Customer Service. I explained the error and I am sending this one back and they are "supposed" to relay the issue to the warehouse and make
sure
the replacement I get is has a tremolo. I know, I am dreaming, but we will see.

They seemed to think it was an issue with placement in the warehouse, but I think the issue is on the Ibanez side as I have the same "mismatched" labels. I guess it is possible that they changed the naming convention on the Ibanez side ("T" for "trapeze" instad of "tremolo"), but that would be utterly stupid with the current model still on sale.

As to how I like it, I did not even remove it from the box, although the color is nice. I already have an AFS75T in red and LOVE it... I was buying this for a church friend who tried to talk me into selling mine to her last week.

If the new one I get is wrong, then I am going to give up and just return (unless my friend will settle for one without the trem- have not asked her), but I figured it was worth giving it a try.

Best of luck to you. I kind of thought this would happen. Me thinks you will have a problem getting the blue one with a trem.

• Members

Best of luck to you. I kind of thought this would happen. Me thinks you will have a problem getting the blue one with a trem.

Yeah, I had my doubts (and still do), but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

If anyone talks to Musician's Friend CS, I think the best thing to do is be nice and simply state the pertinent facts (that you ordered an AFS75T, got a guitar that says AFS75T on the outside, but the guitar is labeled as an AFS75 on the inside and that is, in fact, what you got- the non-tremolo model instead of the tremolo model you ordered).

CSRs are human, too (I used to be one a loooong time ago) and they have no problem helping if they can.

Anyway- off to spend time with the kids- good luck all!

• Members

I can confirm that being calm and nice when discussing mistakes goes a LONG way to getting treated well when it comes to these mail-order companies. Every time I've had a problem with them, they ended up going to great lengths to "make it right."

• Members
I can confirm that being calm and nice when discussing mistakes goes a LONG way to getting treated well when it comes to these mail-order companies. Every time I've had a problem with them, they ended up going to great lengths to "make it right."

I think it is better just to curse them out on the spot. Get it over with.

Archived