Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

HNGD - Gibson Content

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HNGD - Gibson Content

    Pretty beat up, but I hope I look as cool when I'm that age.




  • #2
    Neato. What is it?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BG76 View Post
      Pretty beat up, but I hope I look as cool when I'm that age. . . .
      And what age is that? What year is it? Nice looking guitar although I prefer my Les Pauls with pickguards. Congratulations and Happy New (Old) Guitar Day.
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Person-2-Person on the Web

      Comment


      • #4








        \
        Last edited by BG76; 06-08-2014, 07:08 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Am I mis reading the pic or is that a delicious sea green under the bronze stuff.?
          Less is more

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah the powder in the gold reacts and will turn green. Common on old Goldtops.

            Comment


            • #7
              1956?
              Mazi Bee Militia!
              JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
              PpP
              My gear list is in serious need of an update...

              Comment


              • #8
                Holy hell! I'm not a Gibson guy, but I'd love to have a goldtop with p-90s! Richard Thompson used one in Fairport Convention and got some of the best tone.

                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very nice BG, Gibson makes the best P90s IMO and those old ones were the best of the best.

                  Didn't realize that Thompson played one at some point (always associated him with Strats). Interesting tones on an old classic. Actually never heard that version before - always associated it with American artist Judy Collins when come to find out, it was a Brit, Sandy Denny that actually wrote it.
                  "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The headstock logo, is that a transfer like the studios? Cant really tell. Didnt realise they did that on the old ones, but I know jack about Gibsons.
                    Looks v cool though.
                    Don't pick a fight with an old man,
                    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.


                    '' Who, me Officer?''

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wankdeplank View Post
                      Very nice BG, Gibson makes the best P90s IMO and those old ones were the best of the best.

                      Didn't realize that Thompson played one at some point (always associated him with Strats). Interesting tones on an old classic. Actually never heard that version before - always associated it with American artist Judy Collins when come to find out, it was a Brit, Sandy Denny that actually wrote it.
                      He used the goldtop on three Fairport albums. He didn't start recording with a Strat until Fullhouse, and that wasn't the same Strat he used for his solo records, either. For the first Fairport album, he used a Gibson ES-135. He went to single coils because he didn't want to be compared to Eric Clapton and liked a grittier tone.
                      .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by knotty View Post
                        The headstock logo, is that a transfer like the studios? Cant really tell. Didnt realise they did that on the old ones, but I know jack about Gibsons.
                        Looks v cool though.
                        The headstock logo is an inlay, but the Les Paul is gone. IIRC it's silkscreened on these (or it's a decal over the lacquer, but I'm 99% sure it's silkscreened) but at any rate, this one is pretty much gone.

                        This one has repro knobs, Grovers, new pots (I had some Grey Tigers I put in, but it should have bumblebees) and wiring. All in all, for what it cost it was a super deal. Plus, I can actually play it and not worry so much about it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had a deluxe like that back in the 70's (the reissue version) I switched it from Mini HB's to P100's

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That is sweet, HNGD!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cool. HNGD!!
                              (oyo)
                              Besides being a guitar player,
                              I'm a big fan of the guitar.
                              I love that damn instrument.
                              -Steve Vai

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X