Thanks Very Much for Trying, But I'm Moving Back Here to 1.0

• Members

I really can't say anything more right now as there are a few remaining issues that need to be resolved. But suffice it to say it's a solution that's very similar to what has been proposed many times by the HC community and the moderators, so I think this situation will be turned around, and soon.

Hallelujah. There's only one right thing to do. Make sure they don't blow it again. HC is hanging by a thread right now.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've really tried to make 2.0 work, and I appreciate that many of you have, too. But when given a chance to compare the two forums side-by-side, it's obvious which one gives a better user experience.

I would have continued posting in either place regardless of the platform. If this one (vBulletin) is going to be better for the community, then it's here I'll post. In any case, doing the two-forum schism thing obviously isn't the way to go.

• Members

I would have continued posting in either place regardless of the platform. If this one (vBulletin) is going to be better for the community, then it's here I'll post. In any case, doing the two-forum schism thing obviously isn't the way to go.

Same here. I don't feel that either platform is so awful that interferes with my interaction with the community. As always, this may differ for some.

• Members

Craig, we all knew you'd get it ironed out because you CLEARLY CARE about the community. HENCE why you've had the longest running party in the cyber world. Kudos bro!

More news to come...any day now.

And let me add one more thing...anyone who thinks the powers that be at HC weren't listening is wrong. What they needed was a solution, and that doesn't always get figured out instantly for reasons that might not be obvious to the participants here. It's a complex situation with a lot of moving parts...but the solution is totally based on input from the community, the moderators, and the editorial staff. They did need some help, however, sorting out the various solutions and figuring out what was most practical, doable, and ultimately, would benefit the site the most.

I've been in very few business meetings where those in control listened as well as HC's management did. And I've been in even fewer meetings where people immediately started acting on what they heard.

The end result is that makes me not only confident that the present situation will get sorted out properly, but that the future is looking pretty good too.

• Members

Good news Craig! Thanks. I know you don`t want to hype anything up after the last 4 months but is it safe to say that some of the HC2 ideas will be incorporated here? I really liked the "Popular Discussions" and "More Like This" sections and getting the photos to expand was pretty cool.

• Members

Good news Craig! Thanks. I know you don`t want to hype anything up after the last 4 months but is it safe to say that some of the HC2 ideas will be incorporated here? I really liked the "Popular Discussions" and "More Like This" sections and getting the photos to expand was pretty cool.

There are tradeoffs with ALL the options, that's why it's taking so long to nail everything down. I said somewhere in these forums that we were choosing the least bad of several bad options. However, I think that when the dust settles, what we gain will more than offset what we're trading off. And there will be some results I had not expected, but are very welcome.

I wish I could say more, but don't want to say anything until it's set in stone. The one thing I will say is that I am very, very optimistic on several levels.

• Members

Craig,

Thanks for everything you do for the HC community's greater good. In addition to creating music on your own, you have dedicated your professional (and I'm sure a great part of your personal) life to helping other musicians by getting them the information they need. There are more than a few of us who appreciate what you and the other mods had to put up with and the efforts you all made to keep this place going. We got your back... even though you never did get down here for stone crabs...
;)

• Members

hmm. Just let me know where I'm supposed to go when its all said and done.

FWIW. I don't understand all the backlash with 2.0. I mean to me, Its looks fine, and I like the pop up when you slide over an avatar.

The main issue I have, is that I had to create a new login for 2.0, and lost my post count. I would like it restored to this one. And the other issue, is when you click into a specific forum post, its kinda difficult to get back to the forum you are in, without going all the way back to the start page. But other than those two, 2.0 looks great IMO.

For those complaining that their favorite board is down the list, use your scroll wheel and Get over it. Not everything can be at the top. And for me, because I use my computer thru my TV and sit back on my couch. I would prefer bigger text, and having to scroll further down the page rather than having everything all crammed together at the top.

• Members

Hey, if Dr. Lowell approves, there's nothing more to be said.

Craig, we left the light on and you made it back home safely. Welcome back and thanks for all the work. Same goes to all the mods who've had to deal with the ever-whining populace.

:phil:

*begins to sweep cobwebs out of corners*

• Members
Forums run much faster now with >50% casualties.
:cry:

Hopefully some will return over time.
:)

Terry D.

Well, if all this pans out the way it looks like you guys are saying it will, you can count me back into the proverbial fold. :thu:

Thanks for listening to us haters :facepalm:

• Members
OJ sucks. High traffic? It's the same group of retards that post nonstop.

Funny how dickheads like you bash others for their posts, yet you're so goddamn ignorant and unintelligent that calling people "retards" is the best you can come up with.

Me and my little daughter.......the one with Down Syndrome, we both think that you're an idiot. :)

:wave:

Archived