Thanks Very Much for Trying, But I'm Moving Back Here to 1.0

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Beck my 5 year old likes your horse. He wants to know why your screen name is Beck. Thanks.

Beck is my last name... one of the oldest names/words, and has retained its basic meaning going back thousands of years to the Middle East. It means a clear running brook or stream in many languages... or more specifically the origin of a brook. Figuratively used when referring to the womb or beginning of something new. Also spelled Becke (old English), Becc and Bek as in Gobekli Tepe -

• Members

OMG... so THIS is how you guys racked up those insanely-high post counts?!? And here I was operating under the delusion that if you were a "senior member" or the like that you might actually have been worth listening to?!? :( Sheesh! I agree with whoever said that this thread is evidence that OJ needs to exist... so there would be a place for those with diarrhea of the mouth. Do you have no impulse control?!? Do you have to type every stupid thought that crosses your synapses? :blah:
:cry:

• Members

If you feed trolls, it just encourages them.

The only solid strategy is to just shun them. Don't engage with them. Don't address them. If you put them on ignore and see them quoted in someone else's post, ignore that.

Trolls are damaged individuals who are compelled through their own inadequacies and unfulfillable cravings for social contact to reach out only to offend and abuse. For reasons even they could probably not explain, abusing and insulting others or simply wasting other people's time delights them.

Pity them if you must.

But don't encourage them by paying attention to them.

• Members
lol! No sweat! After 15 years in france my french is pretty good, and I've discovered that it's kinda funny to go back to the origin of words sometimes (it often helps between english and French)...you can find all kinds of connections that help you to remember things.

I certainly didn't take your post as an attack on me, it just got me curious...and I wasn't referring to you when I talked about insults and being {censored}ed off...

Anyway I'm just here to learn guitar and this thread is really HELPING ME A LOT....
:facepalm:

Stick around Brindleleaf, there are some cool guys and girls on SSS, There's been a little turmoil here...but the dust is settleing...
I'm sure you'll like it here once things get almost normal.;)

• Members

Beck is my last name... one of the oldest names/words, and has retained its basic meaning going back thousands of years to the Middle East. It means a clear running brook or stream :

Last syllable of my name is 'Bach'... Germanic, a flowing Brook is part of my Family Coat of Arms.

• Members

Last syllable of my name is 'Bach'... Germanic, a flowing Brook is part of my Family Coat of Arms.

Yes, that's another variant. My Becks are English, or at least that's where they last were before coming to America.

In Germany I see Beck, Becht and Bach and they all mean the same thing. For example Beckman and Bachman can be traced to ancient Hebrew meaning "Son of Life." or Dweller by a stream. So the association with a running brook, or

Archived