July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

OK. Thanks. That is what I needed.

I'm not so sure that was a hand's on assessment, however. I'm pretty sure the poster was simply 'guessing'. I haven't touched one, but I would guess they are as good as anyone's lowest end guitar: squier bullet, dean XM, epi special, etc....

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not so sure that was a hand's on assessment, however. I'm pretty sure the poster was simply 'guessing'. I haven't touched one, but I would guess they are as good as anyone's lowest end guitar: squier bullet, dean XM, epi special, etc....

My reply wasn't an assessment of any kind, I just copied and pasted what someone else had answered about the same guitar earlier in this thread.

Whether their comments were from a hands on assessment or not, I don't know...

• Members
Has anyone bought one of these? Any reviews from people?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rogue-HSS-Blue-Rocketeer-Electric-Guitar-/140426891063?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item20b2184f37

653495.jpg

I would guess it is the luck of the draw, I would think there are probably a few good ones mixed with crap. You could always buy one and return it if it was not what you wanted, just be sure to tell them that it is blemmed in some way other that telling them you do not like it, otherwise they will stick you with the return shipping charge.

• Members

Honestly, I have and have had some very nice guitars. I got one of those to mod and it came set up really well from the factory. It has very decent tuners and a decent neck. I am personally a big fan of Paulownia as a wood for guitar bodies-- both for its light weight and for its tonal qualities. I didn't even try the pickups once-- immediately took them out and put in new pickups and electronics so I can't really comment on how it sounds stock, but it's a decent piece of wood with a decent neck at the very least.

The resulting modded guitar is pretty sweet incidentally. Bound for my office along with one of those Vox AC4's I got because of this thread (thanks!)

• Members

how often does music123 offer discounts? Is it worth waiting to see if they offer anything next month, or just go with the current 15% off from MF? Also, if I'm not mistaken musiciansfriend's anniversary sales are always in August. Anyone know if they ever offer 20% off coupon codes, or should I just go with the current 15%?

Thanks! This is a great thread!!

• Members

how often does music123 offer discounts? Is it worth waiting to see if they offer anything next month, or just go with the current 15% off from MF? Also, if I'm not mistaken musiciansfriend's anniversary sales are always in August. Anyone know if they ever offer 20% off coupon codes, or should I just go with the current 15%?

Just call and ask for 20%. Music123's easy like that.

• Members

Honestly, I have and have had some very nice guitars. I got one of those to mod and it came set up really well from the factory. It has very decent tuners and a decent neck. I am personally a big fan of Paulownia as a wood for guitar bodies-- both for its light weight and for its tonal qualities. I didn't even try the pickups once-- immediately took them out and put in new pickups and electronics so I can't really comment on how it sounds stock, but it's a decent piece of wood with a decent neck at the very least.

The resulting modded guitar is pretty sweet incidentally. Bound for my office along with one of those Vox AC4's I got because of this thread (thanks!)

The perfect example of why you wait for an opinion from someone who actually bought one instead of the peanut gallery that thinks anything inexpensive is automatically a POS.

• Members

Are you a Kings fan?

• Members

Thanks KDog,

I basicially was intrigued with this because my 2 Rogue HH's were such great guitars for the money. I do see a 30 day return policy. No real details. Space in the house is pretty limited right now. But for 50 - she-it - I'm still thinking about it.

• Members

Thanks KDog,

I basicially was intrigued with this because my 2 Rogue HH's were such great guitars for the money. I do see a 30 day return policy. No real details. Space in the house is pretty limited right now. But for 50 - she-it - I'm still thinking about it.

Someone I worked with bought one of these. I played with it. They are typical modern cheapo guitars. No better than, say, a $30 First Act guitar I purchased sometime back. Which is to say: Surprisingly playable (straight and comfortable neck, etc.) but very crappy pickups, and otherwise nothing to write home about construction or sound-wise.

These are in no way, no how, not in this universe related to the great HHs that carried the Rogue name. I have a couple of those, and they are keepers for sure, and 10x the guitar this thing is.

• Members

Sold by Music 123.

Throw in 8% Bing cash back and free shipping and it seems like a pretty good deal.

I posted this deal last month. I played this guitar and it was very nice. Name brand pickups and I can't stress enough that even though it's "Purple" it really is more blue than anything else. I think this guitar would have been more popular if the online pics were better. I don't love it with gold hardware but $599 is solid for a MIJ Jackson with Dimarzio's. It also has a decent gigbag.

• Members

Amazon has up to 50% off on several guitars listed below with free shipping. :

Dean Vendetta Guitar, XM with Tremelo (Metallic Red) $94

Dean Electric Guitar Starter Pack w/ Vendetta XMT Natural, 10 Watt Amp, Gig Bag, Cord, Strap, Picks $125

Dean Cadillac Bass Guitar Select (Classic White) $295

Dean SplitTail Standard Electric Guitar with Case (Classic Black) $333

Washburn Cumberland Series J32SCEK Acoustic-Electric Guitar $413

Washburn Signature Series PS1800BK Electric Guitar $446

• Members

Another dirt cheap Amazon Guitar. Aria 714 Standard in midnight blue for $69.68 shipped with 5 left. http://www.amazon.com/Aria-714-Standard-Electric-Guitar/dp/B002AMVBWW/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1279889896&sr=1-9

Here it is on Aria's website (notice the contoured heel and coil-split mini switch): http://www.ariausa.com/guitars/714STD.html . This looks to be a pretty decent entry level guitar....I would guess it's of similar quality to a Squier Affinity, but that is just a guess based on some other Aria's I've played.

A couple of nice youtube videos as well:
Clean:

Dirty:

• Members

Damn you webwarmiller :thu: you made me do it. Like I need another project guitar. But at that price how can you resist. I love the reverse "football" jack.

My number 1 "strat" started out on a platform like this. It's amazing that the knowledge gained from this forum has allowed to transform these "cheapies" into wonderfully playing instruments. Thank you to all the builders, modders, etc. who have helped.

Archived