July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh well, price went back to $675. It held for almost 30 minutes. I'm pretty stoked about this one.

EDIT... The pic above made it look like a regular goldtop. Well I found some better pics at http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390212377903

Turned out to be a bit sparkly for my taste, so I canceled the order. Damn shame too cos that was a hell of a deal. Amazon showing 2 in stock now. I suspect the price will fall in the next few hours to the original $343 if anyone likes that finish.

• Members

NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE

Great price on a Yamaha CPX500 (half of street price). Free shipping

175.00 BIN

Remember BING Cashback = 8%

CPX500 on eBay

From Yamaha's site:

V3_M_CPX500_NATURAL.jpg

Link to Yamaha.com re: CPX500

NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE (though I'm very tempted to make it mine)

• Members
I just hit a Hagstrom Viking Deluxe Metallic Gold on Amazon for $343. As of this moment there is one left and the price is still holding at $343. If you have been holding out for a Viking grab it. The price is unbeatable.

See better pics at
http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390212377903

It is this finish

!BwPvN4gCWk~$(KGrHqJ,!hYEv1+z)UySBMID,Or

I would've but price jumped back up :cry:

• Members

How do you get that $20 off $119 at Guitar Center?

Do you have Internet access? If so go to guitarcenter.com and right there on the home page is a large banner with the details you are looking for.

• Members

The MF Summer Deal ended Friday.

For what it's worth, I tried calling Saturday and seeing if I could sweet talk my way back into a 15% discount. I was ready to buy about 1000 bucks worth of gear, just missed the deadline because I waited until the weekend. They wouldn't budge. Not sure which "sales" people talk to, but it didn't happen for me. If someone has a good salesperson name at MF, please pass it on. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait for the next sale someplace. You snooze you lose...or at least i did. lol.

• Members

For what it's worth, I tried calling Saturday and seeing if I could sweet talk my way back into a 15% discount. I was ready to buy about 1000 bucks worth of gear, just missed the deadline because I waited until the weekend. They wouldn't budge. Not sure which "sales" people talk to, but it didn't happen for me. If someone has a good salesperson name at MF, please pass it on. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait for the next sale someplace. You snooze you lose...or at least i did. lol.

FWIW I always push the # button for the "Customer Service" Que rather than "Sales" when trying to haggle. My impression is it gets you through to someone who has a bit more authority to keep a customer. I have never had them refuse to "budge" on a sizable purchase. If you haven't tried that give it a shot. Politely explain that you prefer to purchase with MF out of loyalty, but will be forced to take your business elsewhere if they can not make some accommodation. Best of Luck. Let us know if this works.

• Members

I don't want to derail the thread with customer service reviews but I have found that Music123 is consistently more willing to entertain discounts than MF. :thu:

I've struck out with MF numerous times. I'm always polite and just basically ask them if they will give me the discount now instead of having me wait for another one of their sales. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

• Members

I dislike talking on the phone, in general, and if we leave this up to KwadGuy, we're going to see a half dozen guitar/phone novelty item photos, so if someone is up to calling:

Music123

Weekly Phone Specials

Some of our deals are just too good to publish! Call our Deal Hotline at 866.926.1925 for our Weekly Unpublished Phone Specials.

• Members

Michael Kelly Patriot Special $299
Fernandes Ravelle $499
Randy Rhoads rr24 $699

that is a what a CSR told me about a minute ago.... I asked for specials for Gibsons, PRS, or Fender... he couldn't find anything... maybe somebody else will have better luck getting more specials!

:idk:

• Members

that is a what a CSR told me about a minute ago.... I asked for specials for Gibsons, PRS, or Fender... he couldn't find anything... maybe somebody else will have better luck getting more specials!

:idk:

Are the phone in specials about to begin again??

Musicians Friend told me to call in tomorrow for Phone in Specials.

Let's hope!

Would love to get an Eric Johnson RW neck for 1000.

Archived