July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This threw me off a bit. Is this really saying that you can get six rebates? Can you simply just order 6 (three packs of D'Addario's) or do you need to do 6 individual orders to get this?

"
Limit one rebate per qualifying purchase
and no more than six rebates total for all qualifying purchases per name, address and household."

I was wondering about this as well. Would suck to order 6 3-packs and only be eligible for 1 rebate. I need strings like another hole in my head but for nearly nothing I want to check this out. All that would be spent would be postage for 6 rebates and time if it's legit.

• Members

I would not think that language indicates only one rebate per order. It's one rebate for each purchase that qualifies, or qualifying purchase.

5 sets of strings and a double stand for me!

• Members

Backordered^^^

Also, don't use any promo codes if you still order the strings. They must be purchased at the full advertised price.

I'll re-read, I didn't catch that stipulation when I read through the rebate the first time.

EDIT: just re-read it says full advertised price, which it is. Using a promo code on an order isn't negating full advertised price. You're still paying $11.99 per 3-pack but the promo code deducts from the full order not individual items. If it was a D'addario promo code then I would think it would get declined as that would indicate not full advertised price.

• Members

Also reading the rebate form they have a QTY next to the three items. Can you fill out one rebate and just do for example QTY=6 for strings and mail in the one rebate or do you fill in QTY=1 and then fill out 6 rebate forms?

• Members

One rebate per qualifying purchase, means one rebate per item purchased that qualifies, not one rebate per total order.

I would definitely not use any coupons. Purchase must be at full price. Either you'll get disqualified, or else they'll decrement rebate to match price you paid. In either case, not worth the risk.

• Members

ok so 6 rebates need to be filled out. We can order 6 in one order and just do that or do we need 6 separate orders to qualify? Also noticed free shipping does not apply. I didn't try to add filler to get to $99 or whatever to see if it would be shipped for free over a certain price threshold,

• Members

ok so 6 rebates need to be filled out. We can order 6 in one order and just do that or do we need 6 separate orders to qualify? Also noticed free shipping does not apply. I didn't try to add filler to get to $99 or whatever to see if it would be shipped for free over a certain price threshold,

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they have the quantity there if you needed to fill out the form 6 times?

I think what they mean by one rebate per qualifying purchase is that you can't buy one (or 6) item and get a rebate on it multiple times. You can purchase 6 of those items and get one rebate from your order meaning you can't get your money returned to you twice or more. That is how i read it. Otherwise, why would they put the quantity on there and tell you that you can only get a rebate on one item and/or have to submit multiple forms. THat just makes no sense. But I could be wrong.

• Members

I expect this deal will disappear quickly. You guys can hem and haw all you want, or just buy the darn things and get your money back.

Only reason I am hemming and hawing is I don't want to spend $71.94 if all I will get back is $11.99. I think they made the rebate form intentionally confusing.

• Members

Only reason I am hemming and hawing is I don't want to spend $71.94 if all I will get back is $11.99. I think they made the rebate form intentionally confusing.

Why would they have a quantity line if the rebate is limited to 1?!

• Members

As both a skeptic and as someone with more experience with rebates than probably anywhere here, nothing about the rebate form sets off alarms.

I'll add that the strings and the guitar stands are currently on back order, so if you want, order them today, then call on Monday for clarification--they will not have shipped...

• Members

So I buy 6 sets, fill out one rebate just enter QTY of 6, and all is good?

Yup, that's how I read it. I don't see any weasel language in the rebate form.

Once again: Do the purchase today, and then, if you want to assuage your worries, call the rebate center on Monday and get clarification.

But the fact they actually ask you how many of each item you purchased on the rebate form should put your mind at ease!

Archived