July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Musician's Friend seems to be wanting to get rid of some used guitar inventory; specifically, "condition 2" (very good; the old "blems/scratch and dent"). Many of the prices have been reduced substantially in the last day or so - some up to 50% of the regular new selling price.

Examples: Epi Les Paul Studio Deluxe in Ebony - New: $399.00; condition 2 used: $200.00

Too many others to list, but lots of Epiphone and Fender to be had...

EDIT: Feel free to check the used amps, as well ;)

• Members

Might
this
also apply?

lp_banner.jpg

It might. I haven't tried. If it does, it may very well push me over the edge.

UPDATE - I called. It does apply. I saved an additional 10%. :thu:

The rep on the phone said that were few exclusions in the Pro Audio Category. It seems that it is tiered though and if you spend over $600 you can save up to 15%.

• Members

Too many others to list, but lots of Epiphone and Fender to be had...

EDIT:
Feel free to check the used amps, as well
;)

word. check this out. hagstrom viking semi hollow. the new price is $640. condition 2 used price (which they say is "minor signs of use") is $300. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hagstrom-Viking-SemiHollowbody-Electric-Guitar?sku=513354#used

seems like a good deal!

• Members

There seems to be a lot of good deals on 'used' stuff at MF, regardless of brand or condition.

They have a couple 'like new' Jackson PC-1 models that have been over $2100 (used) for quite a while that are now down to $1499. Unfortunately, they only carry two of the worst finish options for that guitar.

There are similar deals out there if you look for them...

• Members

There seems to be a lot of good deals on 'used' stuff at MF, regardless of brand or condition.

They have a couple 'like new' Jackson PC-1 models that have been over $2100 (used) for quite a while that are now down to $1499. Unfortunately, they only carry two of the worst finish options for that guitar.

There are similar deals out there if you look for them...

I thought the "chameleon" finish was hideous until I saw it in person. Wow. stunning. Still not a fan of the "natural" though.

Somebody might want to hop on those, that is a great price.

• Members

Includes:

Pair of Rokit Powered 8 G2 Monitors

MXL 990/MXL 991 Recording Microphones

Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Closed-Back Headphones

2 - Musicians Gear MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom

2 - Musician's Gear Lo-Z Mic Cables

2 - Live Wire Advantage Series 1/4" Straight Instrument Cable

- AND -

Includes free gift(s)!

1 - Musician's Friend 2GB USB Flash Drive - $20.00 MSRP!

1 - Auralex Studiofoam Designer Kit - $149.00 MSRP!

I Added it all up and the whole package would be $800. The regular price for the package is $679.02, and that doesn't include the free gifts. This is a great deal.

Those Rokits are pretty darn {censored}ty, just so you're aware. If you never A/B them, they're passable. But if you sit them next to even other lower-priced monitors from M-Audio, the M-Audio stuff just blows them away.

• Members

word. check this out. hagstrom viking semi hollow. the new price is $640. condition 2 used price (which they say is "minor signs of use") is $300.

seems like a good deal!

I've been interested in the viking. not to derail the thread, but other than the flamed top, is there any difference between this and the deluxe version?

• Members

Take a good look at the pics in some of that used gear at Musician's Friend... I've seen some "condition 2" stuff that looks beat to pieces to me. FYI.

Yeah their good deals seem to vary as well...

Vox JamVOX Guitar Jam and Practice Tool - Used

The Vox JamVOX puts together an audio monitor and software so you can extract the guitar from any MP3 and plug into the mix of your favorite bands....

Item Ships Free!

Buy New: $129.00

Buy Used: $169.99 :facepalm:

• Members

Music123 via ebay $5 guitar stands free shipping

Made me curious as to what else they might have....

These Rogue Rocketeer's are temping at $59 shipped ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Rogue-HSS-Blue-Rocketeer-Electric-Guitar-/140426891063?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item20b2184f37 )

I mean $60 is dirt. One could look at it as a 22 fret neck for $30 and a rear-routed HSS strat body for $30.

Now this one is REALLY tempting as the break looks clean and should be an easy repair: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Limited-Run-SG-Carved-Top-Electric-Guitar-AS-IS-/140427398499?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item20b2200d63

• Members

I thought the "chameleon" finish was hideous until I saw it in person. Wow. stunning. Still not a fan of the "natural" though.

Somebody might want to hop on those, that is a great price.

I actually had the opposite reaction to the Chameleon finish. I bought one last time they had a 'used' sale thinking I would like it and ended up sending it back because I thought it was hideous.

Moot point now since the Chameleon is gone, but the Natural is still a great deal at $1349 if you like thatl finish.

I'd probably grab it myself for that price, but I bought a Wine Red LP Custom for $2000 today, so I need to quit looking around the site before I do something else stupid...

• Members

I actually had the opposite reaction to the Chameleon finish. I bought one last time they had a 'used' sale thinking I would like it and ended up sending it back because I thought it was hideous.

Moot point now since the Chameleon is gone, but the Natural is still a great deal at $1349 if you like thatl finish.

I'd probably grab it myself for that price, but I bought a Wine Red LP Custom for $2000 today, so I need to quit looking around the site before I do something else stupid...

LOL. I actually ordered the chameleon one for $1349. wouldnt it be funny if that was the one you returned? Was the quilt grain decent on the one you sent back?

• Members

LOL. I actually ordered the chameleon one for $1349. wouldnt it be funny if that was the one you returned? Was the quilt grain decent on the one you sent back?

Not likely the one I returned. The one I had was a condition '2', although it could have been a condition '1' since I couldn't find anything wrong with it when it arrived.

Archived