July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chris Carter builds Sin Bucker pickups to your specs. I've used his humbuckers for a few years now. They are great sounding pickups. He knows what he's doing. He was out of commission for a while due to an accident but he is back building. He's offering a special for a few days off of his already very reasonable prices. Good stuff at a good price.

I just bought a zebra paf style set that was a custom wind for a non paying customer, with free chrome covers for $45 :thu:

• Members

Assuming there's nothing wrong with the guitar (and from his listing, it doesn't appear there is, though I'd ask first), that's a great deal for an entry level guitar.

That is a pro level guitar in entry level clothing. These guitars are VERY well built, very nice sounding, acoustically and plugged in, and feel and play great.

The only thing entry level about this guitar is its looks and the price.

This would be my #1 choice for an acoustic electric if about 270.00 or less was my budget.

• Members

Musicians Friend 20% Off Your Next Order[/color

Order by August 30 to get instant savings! Just enter your one-time VIP Gift Coupon Code ******* during Secure Checkout when ordering online, or mention your code when ordering by phone at our VIP Hotline

Does anybody know which special number they use for their "VIP" hotline?

• Members

Are these guitars good???

Reviews @ MF, the first of which is detailed and intelligent (as opposed to the "this guitar RAWKS" type of review that is so common).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jay-Turser-JTHawk-12-Electric-Guitar?sku=515704&src=3WDTWXX&ZYXSEM=0

• Members

I got one of these recently, and unfortunately mine actually excluded all of the brands on the exclusions list.

Kinda made it hard to buy anything worthwhile.

But if you want something that isn't excluded, I guess you'll be good to go.

• Members
I got one of these recently, and unfortunately mine actually excluded all of the brands on the exclusions list.

Kinda made it hard to buy anything worthwhile.

But if you want something that isn't excluded, I guess you'll be good to go.

I know. They should just name the brands that are included. The list would probably be a lot shorter. :D

• Members

I think a few of these 20% off coupons and such are going out to people they know haven't bought anything in awhile in an attempt to drum up some business...

My girlfriend bought me an Epiphone LP Std for my birthday in October last year and hasn't had any notion of buying anything since (sadly)...and she ended up with a 20% off postcard earlier this month good until the end of July...

I haven't bought something from MF in a couple of years I believe and ended up with that email...

YMMV

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing

:confused:

• Members

I think a few of these 20% off coupons and such are going out to people they know haven't bought anything in awhile in an attempt to drum up some business...

My girlfriend bought me an Epiphone LP Std for my birthday in October last year and hasn't had any notion of buying anything since (sadly)...and she ended up with a 20% off postcard earlier this month good until the end of July...

I haven't bought something from MF in a couple of years I believe and ended up with that email...

YMMV

True. I haven't made any music purchases anywhere for two years and I used to spend a lot at MF.

• Members

YMMV

I got that same postcard that expired in July and I've spent thousands over the last few months, so who knows what criteria they use to determine who gets these coupons.

• Members

I got that same postcard that expired in July and I've spent thousands over the last few months, so who knows what criteria they use to determine who gets these coupons.

I never got anything and would love to know the criteria. If I look around I'm about $8,000 in over the past 5 months. Oh well.

• Members
The Devil needs to get in the coupon code racket! There are souls waiting to be bought here!

I'm not losing sleep over this. At this point, I really don't care. I've figured out my little dilemma without the need to spend more cash.

• Members

The VOX AC4TV8 is back in stock at J&R with an even better discount. Base price of $119.99. Use GEICO10 for $10 off. I've used 5% Bing Cashback as well, and it shows pending in my account.

http://www.jr.com/vox/pe/VX_AC4TV8/

***Just though I'd add: This company is awesome. I've never had a problem with them. My amp arrived with obsessive packaging, and the customer service is really nice. They provided a credit to my card due to today's price drop (and I ordered a second one).

• Members

***Just though I'd add: This company is awesome. I've never had a problem with them. My amp arrived with obsessive packaging, and the customer service is really nice. They provided a credit to my card due to today's price drop (and I ordered a second one).

Damn! That is really tempting, and I already have the head and cab.

• Members
You have to check this out. Jarrett Guitars (check them out on HC or at
www.jarrettguitars
) is selling some of their handbuilt guitars on ebay at their cost. I have one and it is the best of the 20 other guitars I own.
http://stores.ebay.com/Jarrett-Guitars
to see the two they have posted. I spoke to them and they are getting ready to clear out more inventory both on their website and on ebay weekly as they have a brand new shop and are going for the "one off" builds.

For what those cost I would rather have a Gibson or fender

Archived