November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just got my Sam Ash Gear Guide and it has a Black Friday preview some notables:

PRS MIRA $999 (not Mira X but 24 fret Mira)
Roadworn Strats and Teles $699
PRS Se singlecut $349
Ovation Idea acoustic/elec w/ MP3 $169
Ibanez ART100 $149
MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal $29.99

• Members

Today at Amazon, a Lightning Deal worth some interest:

* M-Audio Studiophile AV-40 powered speakers: $119.00/pr beginning at 10:00 am PST. (current "on SALE!" price at MF is $149.99; reg. $179.99).

567745.jpg

These have gotten positive reviews over the years, and are an inexpensive way to add some studio/Pod/etc. monitors if you don't got none :thu:

• Members
$30 at musiciansfriend. I bought one because worst case its really nasally and {censored}ty and I love that sound for the old timey blues stuff.
:idk:
734526.jpg
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-V15G-15W-1x5-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=430835

Anybody find a demo of this? Poor student that doesn't have much money floating around but $30 for a decent looking combo amp... Pretty darn hard to beat.

• Members
  • Members

They're listed as sold out but Musicians Friend was blowing out the 25th Anniversary PRS Miras. I know for a fact that quite a few were recently returned. You might get lucky if you call.

I snagged one which apparently has since disappeared in their warehouse...still waiting to see if it will reappear.

• Members

They're listed as sold out but Musicians Friend was blowing out the 25th Anniversary PRS Miras. I know for a fact that quite a few were recently returned. You might get lucky if you call.

I snagged one which apparently has since disappeared in their warehouse...still waiting to see if it will reappear.

That deal was sweet! Wish I could scrape up the cash.

• Members

For those who are interested, I went on Music123 and clicked on the "seen a better price? We'll beat it" link for the Retrorocket X, told them it was $99 on MF (yes, I know they're the same company), and they came back with a price of $65 plus $10 shipping. :freak: Needless to say, I bought one. :D

• Members
That deal was sweet! Wish I could scrape up the cash.

I've gotten slightly arse jabbed on that deal. Yes, it was a sweet deal on that guitar, slightly less so for me since I have to pay 8.5% sale tax for MF purchases, but still a good deal.

But it was extra special sweet in that when I punched it in on 10/29 they were offering an interest free deal of 18 months with minimum payments.

Get my credit card statement yesterday and they only gave me 12 months to pay it off. :confused::mad:

I seem to recall they pulled this {censored} on me once before. I know for sure it was 18 months when I placed the order so

Moral of the story, next time, print out the page on the MF platinum card page that specifies the terms for purchase during that payment time period, you can't trust them.

I've submitted a "charge dispute" but the MF'ers card people in India have told me it will be resolved one way or the other within two business cycles.

Not acceptable.

I do however seem to recall that this happened to me once before and I prevailed but who knows "this time". And who needs the headache.

I remember at the time thinking cool, I can rationalize this as a 2012 purchase rather than a 2010 purchase, but now they are trying to make it due in 2011.

So print it out next time you sucker in on their financing deals, I know I will from now on. Bastards.

Archived