November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

Was it the set-neck version? They've blown out the bolt-ons on multiple occasions.

Yes it was the set neck, with grover tuners, strung through body. I don't have time for a review now, but there are plenty out there. Generally speaking I found the fit and finish to be very poor. Like I said just my 2 cents.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes it was the set neck, with grover tuners, strung through body. I don't have time for a review now, but there are plenty out there. Generally speaking I found the fit and finish to be very poor. Like I said just my 2 cents.

Just read the reviews on the MF site ... seems to be poor quality.

• Members

Surprising as the affinities were $179. Its not all the standards though. The other std models were $229

Don't know if other GC had the deal but thats the cheapest new std I've ever seen.

Im not real familiar with Squire. Which model Silver Sparkle Stds. were $169?

Thanks!!

• Members

Thanks for the cliched platitude.

Ask yourself "What if?" What if it had been an error and you hadn't wanted people to read your private correspondence? Would you have wanted someone to bring it to your attention?

My crime is that I erred on the side of good intentions--which deserves another platitude: No good deed shall go unpunished.

Knock yourself out with any scintillating rejoinder you care to post. For me, it's the end of this conversation.

Perhaps, a PM would have been more appropriate for your concern. In any case, having a sense of humor about the whole thing as well as the ability to let go instead of overreacting with so much dramatic gusto would help to keep the deals thread uncluttered. Just a thought.

• Members

Im not real familiar with Squire. Which model Silver Sparkle Stds. were $169?

Thanks!!

It was the standard model. My fav model actually. I like the neck better than the classic vibe.

This sale one was a silver sparkle finish. If you like glam then this would be your baby.

The classic has full thickness body and neck, 2 point trem, good pots, quality tuners and alnico pickups. Something about 2 point trems that really seem high quality.

• Members

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-25th-Anniversary-Mira-245-Soapbar-Electric-Guitar?sku=584186

Hurry, they're down to just this one color, which actually I was torn between this and the smoked amber for my first choice. I might have actually preferred this one, but wife says I've got too many red guitars.
:rolleyes:
772488.jpg

I just played mine this morning. Sounds and feels absolutely great. A bit more lively, bright and chimey sounding than some of my Gibson P-90 guitars. Tone knobs also work well if you want to tone it down a bit without adding any mud. The feel is light and very alive.

All gone now.

• Members

If anyone is still looking for an Epiphone AFD Slash LP, but doesn't want to pay $999 (or even $849) for one, this just popped up on eBay for a low BIN price (with free shipping)...not mine, don't know the seller...

$775

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Slash-Appetite-Les-Paul-Standard-Case-/170563713902?pt=Guitar&hash=item27b663bb6e

• Members

The Epi Alpine White is back up on the SDOTD again for $199.00

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

738418.jpg

As usual, MF doesn't have the correct price flowing through to the cart yet, so you can either call it in, or wait for them to fix the price linking. Why do they always do that? :confused:

I recently bought the '66 Wilshire cuz I wanted the mini-hums. Even though the craftmanship is a bit sloppy on mine, I think it feels nice and sounds nice.

I guess this "Pro" humbucker model has coil split options on it which is good for added versatility.

I'm afraid I have to pass on this piece, but I still found it a bit tempting. Just got too much lumber laying around and plenty of GAS binging to pay off yet. ;)

• Members
If anyone is still looking for an Epiphone AFD Slash LP, but doesn't want to pay $999 (or even $849) for one, this just popped up on eBay for a low BIN price (with free shipping)...not mine, don't know the seller...

$775

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Slash-Appetite-Les-Paul-Standard-Case-/170563713902?pt=Guitar&hash=item27b663bb6e

Or just get a brand new one from GC this weekend with their 20% off deal, i.e. $800 (+ most likely sales tax :().

• Members

Darco Hi Performance Electric Guitar Strings - Box of 12 Sets (made by Martin)

$22.46 at AMS.

p47743.jpg

Darco Hi Performance Electric Guitar Strings Individual Gauges:

* Extra Light: .009, .0115, .016, .024, .032, .042

* Light: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046

I usually buy these when I see them at this price. Very nice strings for $1.87 per set.

• Members

Care to run that one by me again?

I'm not at home now (sorry) but I got some sort of coopin in the mail at home yesterday that was good for 20% off one item, max discount $500. I think it might have said something else about "for items $199 and over". I'll check later tonight and post the details unless someone beats me to the clarification. For me that's nothing to get too excited about since the nearest GC has a sales tax of close to 9% so that's like getting 13% off which a lot of the online stores can beat. But it might be a good tool for price matching.

• Members
I'm not at home now (sorry) but I got some sort of coopin in the mail at home yesterday that was good for 20% off one item, max discount $500. I think it might have said something else about "for items $199 and over". I'll check later tonight and post the details unless someone beats me to the clarification. For me that's nothing to get too excited about since the nearest GC has a sales tax of close to 9% so that's like getting 13% off which a lot of the online stores can beat. But it might be a good tool for price matching.

20-9=13?

:wave:

Edit: I see, I guess it depends which is applied first

Archived