November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

Elderly Instruments http://www.elderly.com

GHS String Sale

SAVE 20% Or More Until November 30th, 2010

Need new strings for your acoustic, electric, or classical guitar, your bass, dobro, banjo or uke? Until the end of November, you can save 20% or more on all in-stock GHS Strings. Since quantity discounts are offered for multiple sets of most GHS strings, you can save more than 20% on most multiple set orders.

Here's how it works:

Order one or two sets of strings (depending on the particular string), and you'll save 20%.

Order multiple sets of strings which qualify for the quantity discount - and then save more than 20% off the single-set price.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
For those who are interested, I went on Music123 and clicked on the "seen a better price? We'll beat it" link for the Retrorocket X, told them it was $99 on MF (yes, I know they're the same company), and they came back with a price of $65 plus $10 shipping.
:freak:
Needless to say, I bought one.
:D

After a fair bit of haggling and manager consultation I got the red rocketeer X for $79 sipped, not quite as good but good enough. Thanks for the tip Tweedledee.

• Members

Ditto!

Anyone have any firsthand experience with the Fernandes Retrorocket X? They seem to get decent reviews and I need a candy apple red strat style guitar (like I need a hole in the head). No seriously I am tempted. Any input on those? Thanks

• Members

I just got a link to some black friday deals from a friend via email and saw a Guitar Center Icon on the list. I thought I would share with you guys. I have no idea how accurate it is and of course ymmv but I don't run accross many deals to post befroe you guys do and I thought I would try to contribute for once.

Good Luck,

Dega

* = doorbusters

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/guitar-center-black-friday-ad.html

10 Pairs Of Drum Sticks - $9.00 *
5-Piece Electronic Drum Set - $299.00 *
88-Key Lightweight Digital Piano - $299.00 *
AKG Headphones - $29.99
Alesis Handheld Video And Audio Recorder - $79.00
Ap Audio Mic Stand And Cable - $29.00
A Starter Electric Guitar Pack w/ A Squier Strat From Fender - $199.99
B.C. Rich 12-Watt Guitar Amp - $49.99
Digital Reference Microphones - Buy One Vocal Mic, Get 2 Free
Epiphone Flame Top Les Paul Special II - $149.99
Fender Acoustic - $99.00
Fender Amplifier - $99.99
Full-Size Acoustic Guitar w/ Extra Strings And 10 Picks - $69.00
GemSound Dual Channel Vocal Wireless - $49.99
GHS Strings 10 Sets Of Guitar Strings - 10 or $20
Harbinger 15" PA Speaker w/ 200 Watt Amplifier - $199.99
Hohner Seven Harmonica Set w/ Plush Case - $19.99
Korg Easy-To-Read Guitar Tuner - $8.00
LP Authentic Wood Bongos - $39.99
Martin & Co. Acoustic Guitar Essentials Holiday Pack - $29.99
MXR Classic Distortion Effect Pedal - $39.99
Numark USB-Enabled Portable Turntable - $49.99 *
Pair Of Guitar Stands - $10.00 *
Road Runner Acoustic Tough Hardshell Protection - $79.99
Sound Percussion Full Size Drum Set w/ Hardware And Cymbals - $299.99
Tascam Track Pack SE Starter Recording Studio - $189.99
Yamaha Gigmaker Standard - $159.99
Yamaha Portable Keyboard Loaded w/ Great Sounds - $69.00

• Members

lol @ that list. GC is gonna have to do a LOT better than that for a black friday sale. Hell, that's no better than their usual weekly "sale to end all sales" sales.

I have a feeling that black friday this year is gonna suck pretty much everywhere. So far the only thing I've seen that's worth a crap is a 2TB external hard drive for 69 bucks at Target.

• Members

I really could use a MF discount code if anyone has one. about to drop $700 on something there. any ideas?

If you don't need it right away, I'm sure there will be some sale going on next week. Otherwise, just call and ask and you should be able to get at least 15% off somewhere.

• Members

Anyone have any firsthand experience with the Fernandes Retrorocket X? They seem to get decent reviews and I need a candy apple red strat style guitar (like I need a hole in the head). No seriously I am tempted. Any input on those? Thanks

I got the "Skull Pack" a few years ago (came with gig bag and skull volume and tone caps) for $69. It came in perfect, I did not have to set it up at all. I put a SD hotrail in the bridge and it is an awesome guitar. I was planing on changing the tuners, but they are also very good, stays in tune- I left in in my gutar rack for a year and it is still in tune! It is one of the best cheap guitars I ever owned. For $99 it is a good deal for the M123 match it is a steal!

• Members
I got the "Skull Pack" a few years ago (came with gig bag and skull volume and tone caps) for $69. It came in perfect, I did not have to set it up at all. I put a SD hotrail in the bridge and it is an awesome guitar. I was planing on changing the tuners, but they are also very good, stays in tune- I left in in my gutar rack for a year and it is still in tune! It is one of the best cheap guitars I ever owned. For $99 it is a good deal for the M123 match it is a steal!

As long my $79 Retrorocket X sounds like this when I play it, I'll be satisfied ;)

• Members

Just got my Sam Ash Gear Guide and it has a Black Friday preview some notables:

PRS MIRA $999 (not Mira X but 24 fret Mira)

Roadworn Strats and Teles $699

PRS Se singlecut $349

Ovation Idea acoustic/elec w/ MP3 $169

Ibanez ART100 $149

MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal $29.99

Is that in-store only or online too?

• Members

I'm tempted to get this just because it looks cool. I dont have room for something stupid! Yet maybe I can gut it and put a 5 watt tube amp in it. Assuming I ever make me a tube amp.

$30 at musiciansfriend. I bought one because worst case its really nasally and {censored}ty and I love that sound for the old timey blues stuff.
:idk:
734526.jpg
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-V15G-15W-1x5-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=430835

• Members
I'm tempted to get this just because it looks cool.

I'm totally with ya.

Tweed....she IS a temptress!!!

Anyone know if theres even a chance this thing isnt the junkiest particle board and will disintegrate when opened?
Maybe even drop my DA5 in it. Just to give it some blues cred :)

Archived