Oh No! Is this the new HCEG Look? I'm lost.

GAS Man

• Members

I think this seems pretty cool-background seems harsh- but I happen to be rather light sensitive so maybe its not all that bad. I have to admit as "comfortable" as the old version was, I won't miss wondering when the day would come that the whole thing collapsed.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can they give something to guitarists that is so new and clean looking?

Surely we all hang onto the old version because it is what we have been used to seeing and playing for so long.

People will not be happy until they give a reliced or very least NOS appearance with all of the new features hidden and undetectable.

Oh and we need something added from Callaham to make the site resonate better. In titanium or brass.

• Members
baaaaah you kids get offa my lawn!!

i hate and resist all changes!

jk, this is pretty sweet as long as the speed improves

Yeah, I thought about the downside of being "that guy" when I posted this thread, but I don't care, I do like the look of the old better. ;)

But moving on along and looking at the suggestions, I tried to adjust using "Settings" and that didn't work since there were no sizings options there on my screen. :confused: But I did use a function under "View" on my Mozilla program and increased the zoom. That did help some with the readability but now it seems a bit too inflated, but easier to read.

• Members

Search feature only searches threads since the update. FAIL!

I dunno if you saw the announcement at the top of the forum, but they're working on the search. It'll take a week to index the entire site, but new posts are automatically indexed, so that's why it can search those already.

As far as the look, that same announcement also said that they're working on making sure things are 100% stable before doing the visual tweaks needed to make the place more like our familiar old friend.

Regardless, it's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE improvement over HC2.0.

• Members

Not only is it better than HC2.0, but it's basically what everyone was asking for. vBulletin4 so that it'd have the same functionality as the old site and fix a lot of outstanding bugs.

In about a week after the database is indexed and they've changed the color scheme back to something more familiar and you can search and it's faster than the last site...well basically if you're complaining it's because you just like to complain. :lol:

• Members
OMG.jpg

wow. yeah It's different. I immediately scrolled to the bottom to see if it was still Vbulletin. Saw that it was and jumped in.

Yeah, this is what we wanted. Thanks HC for listening to the rousing din over 2.0 and upgrading the existing forum sw. This will only take about a day to get used to.

This is so much better than the recent changes that ebay and photobucket have made...

So....

74155117726362311.jpg

• Members

WTF?
This crap again.
Honestly WTF is up with this place wanting too completely change its format all the time?
There is nothing wrong with the old forum format and 3-1 odds are most people would rather have it back.
Honestly HC you guys lost me with the last 2.0 BS and now this slightly less offensive(visually) site is just as ????????
TGP should see a pretty good influx of traffic.
Great Work HC programming.................. Not.

Archived