Oh No! Is this the new HCEG Look? I'm lost.

GAS Man

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My only issue with it is that
all the colors are too close to the same shade and everything looks washed out.
As far as functionality goes it looks to at least retain everything I'm accustomed to and that's the MAIN thing. That was HC 2.0's problem.....it simply wasn't usable.

This.

The within thread stuff looks fine, but scanning the thread titles on the HCEG forum page is brutal.

• Members

A few words from the IT folks...

1. Search: This has to be rebuilt on the new hardware. They're saying it should take about a week, so I'm assuming two weeks :)

2: Brightness: The background will be changed to the way it was before. This is the way vBulletin comes "out of the box." Better to get things working using any default schemes, and then tweak...

3: Speed: It has already sped up quite a bit since I first logged on a few hours ago. Apparently this involves needing to tweak aspects of the database, and based on what's happening so far, they're on top of it.

• Members

Because there's less people in now. The real test will be tomorrow through the day.

I don't know, it really did pick up a lot the last hour or so. If they're really switching over they probably have multiple servers or something and are firing them up one at a time. I could be completely wrong though.

Also if it's anything like most systems it's going to take a little bit after it's fired up to settle down. Who knows it may be sitting there scanning the whole database in order to create the search function.

I really have no idea what I am talking about. :lol:

But there are 455 users online right now and it's very responsive. I'm digging the {censored} out of it and the colors don't bother me one bit. I can adjust to the front page in time.

EDIT: Thanks Craig, that actually supports some of my theory there. I may know a bit more than I thought. But not that much.

• Members

Because there's less people in now. The real test will be tomorrow through the day.

No, there are more people as the day goes on because the curiosity factor is kicking. It's about tweaking the database, and it's been improving steadily.

Apparently like shoes, databases have to be broken in....

• Members

I really have no idea what I am talking about.
:lol:

Apparently you do! You nailed all of it. Yes, bringing up the system is complex and yes, it does need to settle down and yes, it has to build up the search function over time.can adjust to the front page in time.

• Members

Check this out...while I was*responding to ashasha's post, the edit he made showed up in the quote even though the screen still showed his unedited post. Apparently it updates the quote if the quote gets updated while you're replying! I didn't realize it did that.

• Members

Check this out...while I was*responding to ashasha's post,
the edit he made showed up in the quote even though the screen still showed his unedited post.
Apparently it updates the quote if the quote gets updated while you're replying! I didn't realize it did that.

That's frickin cool.

And so we're going to go back to the old color scheme as well? That'd be really nice to be honest. I know that it's kind of old and clunky looking compared to some of the stuff out there, but it's just so frickin comforting.

Archived