Your best guitar is...

billybilly

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My best guitar is (surprisingly) my Epiphone Gothic Explorer! I know, it's supposed to be a cheap piece of trash but I dropped some new pick-ups in it and now it sounds great! And the neck is pretty comfortable in my hands too! I didn't see that one coming at all

• Members

My best all-around guitar is my LTD PB-500. It came stock with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros and Earvana nut. Sperzell locking tuners were added by the previous owner, and I added Schaller strap locks. It came with a push-pull tone knob for coil splitting, but I replaced it with a regular pot as if I want a single coil sound I will play one of my Strats. The neck is not too thin (like a Strat C shape) and it has extra jumbo frets.

There's not much I can't do with her when paired with the right amp.

pick034.jpg

pick035.jpg

• Members

Depending on the use/ mood it can be any one of them. That is, after all, why I bought them ;)

The one that gets used the most right now is my PRS Hollowbody spruce w/ piezo. 2 humbuckers in a feedback resistant semi-hollow with believable and blendable stereo acoustic tones covers a lot of ground...

• Members

Look closely. You can see that there is no lamination seam. The body of the guitar was carved from a single piece of mahogany. The guitar sings. even unplugged.

VegaLPfront.jpg

VegaLPrearview.jpg

The name on the headstock is VEGA. The Vega company has been around for decades, but it has changed hands many times. This guitar was made by a man named Peter Jung, who bought the company from Martin in 1988, and sold it 2 years later to Deering Banjos. I have one of his strats too. (a neck through body hard-tail with the tuners 3 on a side instead of 6 in line.) The strat is also a great guitar.

• Members

This is an official request for a digital image of said electric guitar incorporated within a reply to this forum thread.

Sorry... I figured everybody was sick of me posting this...

I bought it at Manny's Music on 48th street NYC for $411 including tax and hard shell Fender case

Black_Checker_Strat_1024_00.jpg

Black_Checker_Strat_Body_00.jpg

CheckerBoard_Weight.jpg

It is the only thing that my wife has ever been jealous of and is commonly known as "The Mistress" by everyone in the house even my children

• Members
Sorry... I figured everybody was sick of me posting this...

I bought it at Manny's Music on 48th street NYC for $411 including tax and hard shell Fender case

Black_Checker_Strat_1024_00.jpg

Black_Checker_Strat_Body_00.jpg

CheckerBoard_Weight.jpg

It is the only thing that my wife has ever been jealous of and is commonly known as
"The Mistress"
by everyone in the house even my children

Okay, I bet that thing just screams. Awesome guitar.

Archived