Your best guitar is...

billybilly

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am pretty liberal, so i try not to get too attached to any one guitar.

if I had to pick which was my "best" I'd have to look at resale value. My 1988 '62 re-issue strat is supposedly highly desirable. I have had a couple offers that get close to 2 grand. But I put 100k miles on it, so I'll keep it.

I really dig my white/rosewood Peavey T-60 with retrotrons. I think if you didn't know anything about guitars, you'd think it was the nicest. It's clean and pretty and sounds great.

My Epi ES-295 is my main gig guitar, since it's gaudy and flashy and goes with the whole rockabilly thing. i love the sound, too. Not an easy guitar to play.

My current favorite is a Squier bullet-series strat that i paid $75 for a few years ago used. It was just a standard SSS piece of junk. It's now HH with all new hardware. I think I have about $150 in parts in it now. It just looks bad ass. When I am done, I am going to post a pic. It's really my worst guitar, I think. I like it the most this month, though.

• Members

I used to say my Custom Strat was my number one ..Now i would say any of the Strats i own as they all get about equal pay and i have done so much with each one they all feel natural to me..Each one has something it does the others don't..So i can't really say i have a best guitar..

The most expensive would be my 72 Martin D-28 or my 73 Strat ..There both probably pretty close value wise.

• Members

I like my Hamer SATP90.

It's not the best player I have. It doesn't feel comfy, like an old shoe, like my strat does. It has an awfully glossy neck that I've been meaning to rough up a little. And the neck is a pretty slim profile for my liking.

Since getting a pro setup, it plays as well as I'd expect from a $300 MIC guitar. Not stellar, but well enough.

But I really dig the sound of it. Clean or dirt, all around the volume knob, it seems tough for me to make it sound bad. Through tubes, loud, or through a Vox VT30.

The sounds it can make, despite my lack of ability, always sound a little better than "me". It's almost mojo-ish. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure when the time comes for me to drop coin on a higher-end guitar, the first one will be something with P90s. Maybe a Hamer USA, based on this experience. If I can find something with this sound or better, that's a awesome player, I'm there.

That's my answer for today, Wed., Feb 23, 2011. Subject to change without notice.

• Members

I've completely fallen in love with the Chordbender trem. It's the best of all worlds. So any guitar with a chordbender. I have recently built a partscaster that I love and had a Chordbender installed on it. After I built this I sold all of my other guitars except for a backup strat.

000_0011.jpg
000_0013.jpg

interesting....looks like it would take some heavy duty routing?

• Members

Lately I have not been able to put down my PRS Artist. I've had it roughly 5 years and had mostly been playing Strats the past few. I've been loving it so much that I'm considering selling a couple of Strats and buying another. It just plays so nice. The only thing I don't care for with the older PRS's is the pickup selector knob vs. switch.

• Members

I'm pretty sure when the time comes for me to drop coin on a higher-end guitar, the first one will be something with P90s. Maybe a Hamer USA, based on this experience. If I can find something with this sound or better, that's a awesome player, I'm there.

I've been very happy with my Hamer Special, it was literally a coin toss not to name it in this thread (went with a guitar with more resale value/brand recognition). It's also the guitar I'm playing in my avatar pic.

68914042_487b48a210_o.jpg

• Members

I love all my guitars, but I'd probably give the title of best (for now) to my '92 Les Paul Special. With the Wolfetone P90's and RS guitarworks vintage wiring kit this thing just sings whether it be clean or dirty, it's also so nicely worn in that the neck is just a joy to play.

Special%2002.jpg

• Members

I love all my guitars, but I'd probably give the title of best (for now) to my '92 Les Paul Special. With the Wolfetone P90's and RS guitarworks vintage wiring kit this thing just sings whether it be clean or dirty, it's also so nicely worn in that the neck is just a joy to play.

That's HOT too!

Archived