Your best guitar is...

billybilly

• Members

Krashpad, a Special like that is definitely on my list. :love:

Strung_Out, tomh777, those LPs are both, just, yeah, wow.

Toadroller, I love the look of that Hamer, and I like how the picture looks like "Quick, snap the photo - I need to close the case before awesomeness gets all over the carpet!" :)

This thread is loaded with killer guits, people. Enjoy them every chance you get. Here's to your #1! :thu:

Nice (GAS-inducing) thread!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toadroller, I love the look of that Hamer, and I like how the picture looks like "Quick, snap the photo - I need to close the case before awesomeness gets all over the carpet!"
:)

That photo was snapped as I gazed upon her for the first time. Seconds later I strummed the strings... a deep, solid tone rose from the case. Awesomeness was all over the place. What a mess. :)

• Members

I'd say I have four that I really love more than the others, but If pressed I could cut that list down to two... Can't really choose between those though...

Surf green one is a partscaster with an MIJ Fender body, Robert Cray sig neck, Duncan Antiquity pickups, Wilkinson trem, blender pot. This is probably my most addicting guitar. Every time I play it, I seem to get lost in enjoyment. Not worrying about wanting to change this or mod that. I just play it and love it. Plus, I had wanted a surf green guitar ever since I got my first new electric in 1983.

Coral/orange one is a partscaster with a MIM Fender body, oil-finished Warmoth Pro neck, Fender CS54 pickups, standard wiring. I need to convert it to my normal Master Volume, Master Tone, Blender. The neck is probably my favorite neck I've ever owned. I've put a lot of work into it, refinishing the body and the neck. Heck, I even shot uneven layers of tinted nitro on the pickguard.

DSC_7780a1.jpg

DSC_6232a1.jpg

• Members

here's mine, a CS60 strat. The reason? I love fiesta red, hands down my favorite fender color. I've wanted a fiesta red 60's style strat for years. Also, the '59 large C neck is the best I've played, really fills out my hand and resonates beautifully. The pickups sound great, and the light relic finish is perfect in my opinion.

in the interest of not whoring out the same pic over and over I shot a few crappy cell pics

183034_631308980075_49408647_35073587_51

182030_631309024985_49408647_35073589_61

• Members

I love all my guitars, but I'd probably give the title of best (for now) to my '92 Les Paul Special. With the Wolfetone P90's and RS guitarworks vintage wiring kit this thing just sings whether it be clean or dirty, it's also so nicely worn in that the neck is just a joy to play.

Special%2002.jpg

oh. my. god.

that guitar kills me everytime. i love it.

• Members

I'm pretty fond of all my guitars. But right now I'm in single coil mode. My number one for now, and it changes often, is my reissue '69 Tele Thinline. Recently installed a BG T-90 in the bridge and a BG Custom Blues in the neck. Also changed out the pots for 250's. Amazing guitar with a ton of character. It makes me want to pick it up.

1225688055.jpg

• Members

Man, that's a toughie. It's between these two.

2009 Rickenbacker 360

Blondie-June302010.jpg

Late 2010/Early 2011 Fender CP Jazzmaster

NewCPJazzmaster2-19-11.jpg

The both have their strengths and their weaknesses. The Jazzy has a killer neck, and a nice, warm sound. The Ric, has killer chime (which sounds great clean, and downright awesome at high gain), and looks fantastic. Which is my favorite for the day, often depends upon my mood

Archived