Your best guitar is...

billybilly

• Members

For me best is defined as which guitar gives me the most satisfaction when I'm playing it. I've got 13 guitars that range from a few hundred bucks up to $3K. but right now the one I'm calling best is this Special Edition Koa Tele ($400 used). Go figure.

IMG_1123.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It depends on who you ask or what I'm using the guitar for...

According to my fingers, My Washburn 'Vindicator' is probably my best-playing guitar. Super upper-fret access, phenolic fretboard :love: , perfect string spacing & neck thickness (for me), & made with quality components.... all in all just a GREAT guitar:
4586328897_0c04224c7f.jpg

My singer tells me that this is my best-sounding guitar:
4586953924_5e8a63a63e.jpg
-I built it from a neck/ body kit using an original 80's Schaller FR and GuitarHeads pickups.

My drummer, though, swears by my LP:
1439720045_df06e38b5c.jpg

• Members

What day of the week is this? Seriously -- I change "favorites" like most people change their socks! :D

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but right now my favorite is this thing I traded for on a whim this week -- a 1987/8 Westone Spectrum III XA-1330 (sorry for the crappy cellphone pic):

westone2.jpg

westone1-1.jpg

I'm embarrassed, because for years I have held an unfavorable view of "80s shredder-style" guitars, and this thing is that in spades (floating, locking trem, locking nut, reverse headstock, etc.) but playing it is a dream and with the flexibility of the tone controls (separate controls for bass and treble) it sounds incredible. It sings on clean and howls with some dirt. I'm frankly a bit shocked at how versatile this thing is. I can't wait 'till my next folky-country gig... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived