May Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got one of these years ago for my daughter from a GC promo and it is a very decent little guitar.

You know the deal with the Amazon pricing... Probably only good for the first person to jump on it...

These guitars get really good reviews at MF. Also they are on sale at MF now for $64.99 after the coupon code mf154u.

Not much difference in price for a good starter or beater acoustic. If I hadn't already gotten a Mitchell I'd probably get this one.

MF LINK

• Members

Not a deal per se, but AMS is expanding their Easy Pay plan to 12 months in some instances:

banner_wed_051811b.jpg

Ihaven't quite checked the fine print, but as a previous user of Easy Pay, it's quite a convenience, plus you don't have to open a specific card to get the plan.

• Members

:

banner_wed_051811b.jpg

Ihaven't quite checked the fine print, but as a previous user of Easy Pay, it's quite a convenience, plus you don't have to open a specific card to get the plan.

They charge you a $22 convenience fee, but it may be worth it in some cases...

• Members

They charge you a $22 convenience fee, but it may be worth it in some cases...

Ouch. I did 2 of these through zZounds earlier this year and they only charged a couple of $$. Looking back at my order confirmation this is their pricing schedule for up to $2K:

Order Total Processing Fee

Under $600 $3.95

$600 to $1,000 $5.95

Over $1,000 $9.95

Also keep in mind that AMS says they will do a credit check. This will affect your FICO score.

• Members

I can't think of any... YMMV I guess.

You can't? How about any situation where you would normally put gear on a credit card and be charged interest that would total over $22 over the course of however long it took you to pay it off? For example, you want a $2000 guitar but don't have the cash to pay for it in full right now. If you put it on your credit card at whatever your interest rate is and pay it off over the course of a year, you would be charged more in interest than the $22 convenience fee with the AMS plan. In that case, it would make more sense to go that route than to put it on a credit card, right? :)

• Members
You can't? How about any situation where you would normally put gear on a credit card and be charged interest that would total over $22 over the course of however long it took you to pay it off? For example, you want a $2000 guitar but don't have the cash to pay for it in full right now. If you put it on your credit card at whatever your interest rate is and pay it off over the course of a year, you would be charged more in interest than the $22 convenience fee with the AMS plan. In that case, it would make more sense to go that route than to put it on a credit card, right?
:)

Why would you ever use a credit card with an interest rate higher than 0%?

Archived