May Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They retail for $799, so its 25% off. I'd say that's a pretty good price.

I might actually be more tempted at grabbing a lightly used one for around the same price since you could get pictures on the finishes. If you go for a transparent one, hope you don't get a "cutting board" body.

• Members
I might actually be more tempted at grabbing a lightly used one for around the same price since you could get pictures on the finishes. If you go for a transparent one, hope you don't get a "cutting board" body.

"Mint" condition used SG Tribute 60's is $591.59 after 15% discount (+tax, if applicable) at GC. Worn cherry and worn white available. You connect the dots.....

• Members

(normally $179.95).

These Jasmines may be one of the best bang-for-buck acoustics out there.

http://www.americanmusical.com/RSS_Feeds/Ndnd.aspx

p35682.jpg

Is the S33 much better than the S35? The S35 can currently be bought (sans case) from Amazon for $67.

http://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Takamine-S35-Acoustic-Natural/dp/B0002F58TG

That link may or may not have Amazon as the seller, but if not, you can click "add to cart" via Amazon on the sidebar.

I'm thinking about getting one. I've never owned an acoustic. Coming from classical (high action, but soft strings) and more recently electric, I'm slightly apprehensive about what a cheap acoustic with high action might do to my fingers.

• Members

479.jpg

I posted this deal weeks ago and no one noticed :)

in any case, anyone have one of these? they produce good sounds, judging from the pgs video, but the 1 channel thing seems like it'd make the amp less practical for band situations where you need to produce clean and overdriven sounds.

• Members

I posted this deal weeks ago and no one noticed
:)

in any case, anyone have one of these? they produce good sounds, judging from the pgs video, but the 1 channel thing seems like it'd make the amp less practical for band situations where you need to produce clean and overdriven sounds.

I love 'em. But I am a low watt single channel kind of guy. Tons of great tones in the amp and it takes pedals like a champ.

• Members

I love 'em. But I am a low watt single channel kind of guy. Tons of great tones in the amp and it takes pedals like a champ.

how loud can you get while still being somewhat clean? can this amp keep up with a nice loud drummer in small to medium venues? to me 15 watts seems like the grey area where maybe it's plenty loud for those kinds of things or maybe it won't quite make it.

• Members

In my experience (Fender pro jr.) 15 watts is loud enough for any size audience anybody posting here is likely to encounter. The only potential fly in the ointment is that a fair number of musicians have that "mine's bigger" mindset that ends up with the sonic equivalent of having enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world hundreds of times over. Since I became an adult and started playing with adults, I've noticed two things: 1) The number of watts required is much smaller, and 2) the audience and I can both get through a gig without significant bleeding from the ears.

Archived