May Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Arent Daisy Rock girls guitars?

Yes, and if you play one your penis will fall off. :rolleyes:

Lots of guys play Daisy Rock guitars. (Okay, most guys stay away from the heart or flower shaped ones, but then again so do most female guitarists I know. Those are novelty guitars for kids.)

The top-line Daisy Rock is essentially a Schecter guitar (they outsource from the same factories) but made with lighter, sometimes chambered, wood and a thinner neck profile. That's the only difference that makes them "girl guitars": Lighter and designed to accommodate small hands. I've played a few, and they are damn good guitars.

• Members

^^^^^^
True dat.

Necks are narrow as well as thin.

In general build quality is very good, and pups are acceptable though not outstanding.

I've owned DRs and may again in the future, and yes, my penis is still intact and fully functional. YMMV.

• Members
Yes, and if you play one your penis will fall off.
:rolleyes:

Lots of guys play Daisy Rock guitars. (Okay, most guys stay away from the heart or flower shaped ones, but then again so do most female guitarists I know. Those are novelty guitars for kids.)

The top-line Daisy Rock is essentially a Schecter guitar (they outsource from the same factories) but made with lighter, sometimes chambered, wood and a thinner neck profile. That's the only difference that makes them "girl guitars": Lighter and designed to accommodate small hands. I've played a few, and they are damn good guitars.

The same can be said about Luna guitars. Except that the Lunas are made by Dean.

• Members

Arent Daisy Rock girls guitars?

No. John "Daisy" Rock was actually the name of a former Navy SEAL who killed scores of enemy combatants in Vietnam. He was called "Daisy" by his fellow Navy SEALs because he would place a daisy between the teeth of his victims after he literally ripped their hearts out with his bare hands (by his third tour of duty, he became so good at this that he could do it without looking. Later, he realized this very skill made him good at playing the guitar.) I've met John a few times at gun conventions, and once at a bordello, and I can tell you that he is by far the most fearsome, most masculine, and most heterosexual man I've ever had the privilege of meeting. There was a time that any man who referred to his products as "girl guitars" would have found himself lying in a puddle of his own blood with his heart missing from his ribcage. But John has calmed down a bit since marrying his fifth wife.

• Members
No. John "Daisy" Rock was actually the name of a former Navy SEAL who killed scores of enemy combatants in Vietnam. He was called "Daisy" by his fellow Navy SEALs because he would place a daisy between the teeth of his victims after he literally ripped their hearts out with his bare hands (by his third tour of duty, he became so good at this that he could do it without looking. Later, he realized this very skill made him good at playing the guitar.) I've met John a few times at gun conventions, and once at a bordello, and I can tell you that he is by far the most fearsome, most masculine, and most heterosexual man I've ever had the privilege of meeting. There was a time that any man who referred to his products as "girl guitars" would have found himself lying in a puddle of his own blood with his heart missing from his ribcage. But John has calmed down a bit since marrying his fifth wife.

Brilliant! :phil:

• Members

Is he the Seal who killed Bin Laden?

• Members

The same can be said about Luna guitars. Except that the Lunas are made by Dean.

Well...not really. The higher end Daisy Rock guitars are, as has been noted, of good quality. The whole Daisy Rock line was of somewhat better quality a few years ago. Then they got bought out and I think quality took a little hit. Don't get me wrong: The higher end stuff is still very well made and worthy; just not as good as when they started out.

When Luna started out, the quality was pretty decent, although inferior to similarly priced Daisy Rock. The Luna quality has gotten worse over time, much moreso than Daisy Rock. Generally speaking, I'd opt for a Daisy Rock over a Luna at a price point.

• Members
Well...not really. The higher end Daisy Rock guitars are, as has been noted, of good quality. The whole Daisy Rock line was of somewhat better quality a few years ago. Then they got bought out and I think quality took a little hit. Don't get me wrong: The higher end stuff is still very well made and worthy; just not as good as when they started out.

When Luna started out, the quality was pretty decent, although inferior to similarly priced Daisy Rock. The Luna quality has gotten worse over time, much moreso than Daisy Rock. Generally speaking, I'd opt for a Daisy Rock over a Luna at a price point.

The higher end Lunas that I've seen were very nice. The only DR I've ever tried had a messed up neck. Basically, whatever works best for the person buying the guitar. But I wouldn't discount the Luna line. I've seen some nice stuff from them.

• Members

Enjoy 10% off your entire online purchase! Use code MAYMFTEN (Exp. 05/12/2011)

Just used ebates to save 3%, made the order, then found this coupon on the ebates page. Oh well, at least it was only $25 order, so I only threw away $2.50.

Archived