Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
thought you guys might find this interesting.. the article talks about how we should be expecting some good deals from retailers with the current situation

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113286/spenders-down-market-has-upside-smartmoney?mod=bb-budgeting

Yeah it does seem like these really good deals have all popped up in the last week. It makes sense. Makes me want to wait for a better deal now lol!

• Members

Don't know if you've guys had any luck with Hello Music, but some guys on Talkbass.com have bought some stuff and had great luck.

Anyways, today they have Orange Tiny Terror head for $400 and Line 6 HD500 for $350.

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=7782

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=7963

And using HMAUG25 will net an extra $25 off ;)

• Members

I decided against it since I just bought a LP with BB Pros in it a few weeks ago. I wouldn't really gain much other than the weight of the guitar and an offset body. Then I'd have to send the LP back. If it was the amber finish, the LP might be on it's way back already.

Yeah, I agree with both of you, the amber is quite a bit better looking IMO. If the amber comes up for sale in the next week, I'll send the ebony back. BUT I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen if the amber is the better seller of the two. This was a great deal since it was $300 off of what was already $500 off. ;) So a $800 off leaves $700, that's a good sale!

But I don't necessarily agree that they would use better woods on the trans amber, you'd think they would, but I've seen plenty of Gibson arrive where I thought "Now why didn't they make that one a solid color? :rolleyes:

So I figure at least with the ebony, I won't have to worry about one with bad grain matching showing up and having to "bless and forgive it" or hope for a successful return. But despite my worry there, I'll still take a chance on an amber if it becomes the SDOTD soon. :thu:

• Members

Crap the RD's are still available, me buying one of these guitars will/would make absolutley no sense...I cannot justify it:facepalm:

Justifications are over-rated. Rationalizations however are better than sex. Think about it, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization? ;)

Add one dollar to your order and get interest free financing for 12 months. That's one of the rationalizations I used, so I added a capo. I wanted one more anyway. One for the office one for the front room. It's not like I want to have to get up.

• Members
Justifications are over-rated. Rationalizations however are better than sex. Think about it, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?
;)

Add one dollar to your order and get interest free financing for 12 months. That's one of the rationalizations I used, so I added a capo. I wanted one more anyway. One for the office one for the front room. It's not like I want to have to get up.

You have a great sense of humor.

BTW.. I did see Zzounds offers some sort of deferred payment for a $6 fee. I'll have to re-read the fine print but if that is the only charge, I'll be the proud owner of a Gibson Les Paul Studio very soon. It will my first Gibson Les Paul (not first Gibson though).

• Members

4% CASH BACK on MF purchases when you pay with Bill Me Later

I just made a purchase at MF through the Bill Me Later website (you must click through, similar to the old Live cash back program). BML is offering 4% cash back on purchases from Musicians Friend. Couple this with the 10% off used (returned) gear, and you can get a heck of a deal.

Many details and rules apply, check out the BML website for more information.

• Members

Can't believe it's 8:37 pm EDT and the RD's haven't sold out yet...the economy must really be hurting...back in the old days, those would have been gone in no time.

Tempted to buy one, but I don't like black and would prefer trapezoid inlays to dots.

I think it has more to do with it being a pretty ugly guitar that was never particularly popular in the first place. I seldom, if ever, pass up a deal this good on a new Gibson, but this one doesn't tempt me in the slightest.

• Members

yea, i wish those rd's would sell out. i just dont even need one, and the black with rosewood with dots is just so meh to me. its basically my black explorer only a little less pointy. all other options are pretty much identical, not to mention i have a lp studio too. im gonna wait for something more useful to my collection to pop up. the week or so has been incredible with the epi 56, tiny terror, rw tele, and now this gibson. im gonna hang tight for "the" deal

• Members

I thought the eBay flippers would be all over this, guess not...

Don't see a lot of flipper potential in this one, or I would have at least grabbed one to sell down the road. I'm guessing you'd be lucky to get $750-800 out of one on eBay, and after fees you'd be losing money (or making so little it wouldn't be worth your while).