Aug Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

MF, M123, & GC all have this for $250 (it's the restock w/o case) but no codes were working at MF on it and GC wanted to charge me shipping. Well the code "Saveten1" works at Music123 w/ Free Shipping, making this $225 shipped. Hell even used these are worth $300+ all day long. I ordered it last night and it's already shipped
:)

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Limited-Edition-1956-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar.site7prod518320.product

Mmmmm...which color scheme do you guys like best? EDIT: Ebony only, I see.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think this is cute and won't break the bank, problem is getting the free shipping :confused:

Big Heart Bottleneck Glass Guitar Slide $7.95 Reg: $12.00

p27348.jpg

http://www.americanmusical.com/RSS_Feeds/Ndnd.aspx

You'd have to buy 4 of them to get free shipping or add it to other items.

One thing you could do is have Zzounds price match/beat it, and then you'd have it available at the new deal price at Zz for up to 5 business days in case you think of strings or something else you want.

But I'd be getting one if I could get it for 8 bucks shipped.

• Members
MF, M123, & GC all have this for $250 (it's the restock w/o case) but no codes were working at MF on it and GC wanted to charge me shipping. Well the code "Saveten1" works at Music123 w/ Free Shipping, making this $225 shipped. Hell even used these are worth $300+ all day long. I ordered it last night and it's already shipped

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Limited-Edition-1956-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar.site7prod518320.product

Oh crap! :facepalm: I already ordered that stupid Alvarez acoustic. Now this!

• Members

Put the 56 in my cart at MF - applied the VIP code and this message came up:

"We are committed to your complete satisfaction. If the discount does not show on the item you wish to purchase, please call us at 1-800-643-8449!"

Called the number and told them about the message and they honored the VIP code, no questions asked and with no manager approval.

Got the NEW 56 w/ case for $274!!

• Members

"We are committed to your complete satisfaction. If the discount does not show on the item you wish to purchase, please call us at 1-800-643-8449!"

Called the number and told them about the message and they honored the VIP code, no questions asked and with no manager approval.

Damn! Wait! Can you explain to me how you did this? What's the VIP code? What did you say when you called?

EDIT: Never mind, it's just that they only give $25 off on orders under a certain amount.

• Members

What is the VIP Code & how did you get the new guitar and case for $274? Haven't they discontinued the free gift case? That's a great deal. Give us some details please Sasjf.

• Members

^ The free case is good until 8/31 from what it says on the MF site. Can't help you with the coupon though.

EDIT Google search yields this:

Get treated like a VIP when you shop at Musicians Friend this week. That's because the instrument retailer is having a savings event with discounts up to $100 off qualifying purchases. All you need to do is apply coupon code VIP100AUG during checkout to take $10 off orders over $150 all the way up to $100 off orders over $600. Coupon expires 08/12/2011.

• Members

What is the VIP Code & how did you get the new guitar and case for $274? Haven't they discontinued the free gift case? That's a great deal. Give us some details please Sasjf.

The code is VIP100AVG and is $25 off orders under $600. You will have to call customer service and order by phone though (try online and then call the number it gives you when it doesn't work).

• Members

Picked up the Gibson LP Special Exclusive model with HSC in Alpine White from MF for $679 calling in using the VIP coupon. This guitar was selling for $!299 last week!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-single-cutaway

$679! I think you are going to be very happy with this decision.

Congrats!

Be sure and post a NGD thread, I want to know your impressions.

• Members

The VIP (vip100aug) code is on the site, I just called and told them I tried to apply the code in the cart and the message in the cart told me to call, so what now?? The CRS said she would process the order with the $25 off.

"You’re invited to join the VIP Savings Extravaganza where you’ll save up to $100 off your order*! It's easy—just use coupon VIP100AUG during checkout to claim your savings or mention the coupon when you call 800-643-8449. As a bonus, we’ll throw in free shipping with no minimum purchase required!

*Offer good through 11:59 p.m. PT, August 12, 2011 (10:59 p.m. PT for phone orders). Offer is not valid on gift certificates, Stupid Deal of the Day, special orders, warranties, or past purchases. May not be combined with other coupons or discounts. Some exclusions apply. For details on exclusions, see http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/4deals-exclusions.

The case shows up in the cart.

BTW it says online the VIP special ends Friday (tonight!).....

• Members

Thanks dude, much appreciated. I did just what you said, used vip100aug, in the cart, got the "call" message. Called the CSR read him the message, then I tried to get him to go an even 10% which would have been $270 (sort of think of it as free picks), but he held t $274.00. No approval required. I didn't need this guitar but I wanted it and was incapable of resisting at that price. Now I have to log off and quit.

:wave:

• Members

Interested in the Randall T2 head since I missed out on the modular 20w head last week. Only thing is the T2 100 watt head I've only found one review and they gave it 2 stars saying they played it for 20 minutes and then the volume diminished to less than a whisper. Turned it off and on and same result. They sent it back and got a replacement and the same problem occurred. Not sure I'd be cool if I got something that craps out after 20 minutes.

• Members

that's the thing the reviews you posted the link to is for the 400 watt T2 and the one on Amazon is the T2HL 100 watt version. The review I read, the guy made clear the T2HL that crapped out on him was the silver painted front with chicken head knobs and a BLUE T2 logo that lights up, not the black panel T2 with the green lit logo (400w T2 head). Apparently they are different enough quality wise for one person. Not sure I want to gamble with close to $400 on something sketchy.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't.
Here is 4 reviews at MF
I don't see anything worrisome.

• Members

Picked up the Gibson LP Special Exclusive model with HSC in Alpine White from MF for $679 calling in using the VIP coupon. This guitar was selling for $!299 last week!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-single-cutaway

If that worked, it will probably also work on the Les Paul Studio Pro Faded (Cherry only) that has been marked down from $999 to $699. With the coupon it would be $599, which isn't bad...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-studio-pro-faded-electric-guitar